BarcaLearning
Myesyats
danyjr
titosantill
Harmonica
55 posters

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:21 am

Mamad wrote:
sportsczy wrote:From a financial standpoint, both the league and PSG have made an ENORMOUS amount of money from Messi's presence... so financially, it's been a huge win. That's not an argument.

I do not believe that.

if simply having Messi or Ronaldo had that much effect, every top club in europe would have wanted them. yet PSG and United aside nobody was really interested in them.

matter of fact Barcelona kicked Messi out just because of financial problems. they could have kept him if they wanted. he would have played for free imo.

I don't think you appreciate the difference of stardom outside Europe between Messi and Ronaldo. As big as CR is, he's nowhere near Messi.

If you go to the PSG official store, you STILL can only buy Messi jerseys on pre-order. Most people have to wait 3 months right now lol. Been this way since he signed.

And Ligue 1 is being carried in 20 new countries and international viewership has gone up 73% for PSG since he signed.

The money side has absolutely not been an issue. Quite the opposite. It's the performance.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by Harmonica Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:13 pm

Only Thomas Müller (0.76) has given more assists per 90 than Messi (0.72) in top five leagues.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 9t45luI

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 EhHtoiH

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 0qImk02
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:10 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 Fmsnyc10
Is Harmonica working for UCL too The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 1f603

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mamad wrote:
sportsczy wrote:From a financial standpoint, both the league and PSG have made an ENORMOUS amount of money from Messi's presence... so financially, it's been a huge win. That's not an argument.

I do not believe that.

if simply having Messi or Ronaldo had that much effect, every top club in europe would have wanted them. yet PSG and United aside nobody was really interested in them.

matter of fact Barcelona kicked Messi out just because of financial problems. they could have kept him if they wanted. he would have played for free imo.

I don't think you appreciate the difference of stardom outside Europe between Messi and Ronaldo. As big as CR is, he's nowhere near Messi.

If you go to the PSG official store, you STILL can only buy Messi jerseys on pre-order. Most people have to wait 3 months right now lol. Been this way since he signed.

And Ligue 1 is being carried in 20 new countries and international viewership has gone up 73% for PSG since he signed.

The money side has absolutely not been an issue. Quite the opposite. It's the performance.

Sports stop my man. Messi is the overall better player but in terms of mass media pull let alone social media CR is miles ahead of Messi and I get why given he has worked incredibly hard for it compare to Leo who does not seem to care too much about it.

Paris is just a very marketable club as of now I mean they have Jordan as their club kit manufacturer.

Messi to Paris is akin to CR to Juve but I believe bigger given you cannot compare the pull of Paris v Torino.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:56 am

Cristiano doesn't have a bigger mass media pull than Messi, maybe social media, but not mass media.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:10 am

Cristiano mass media pull is to show his digitally inflated penis in underwear pictures. Messi is recognized only for his football talents which is what matters for the football club PSG.

I have sympathy towards messi gang but i think they are losing their time in 2022. Messi must bring the champions league to Paris or this experience is a flop. BUT if it turns out a flop, it will not affect his legacy on long term. Like Jordan with the Wizards it will just be the forgotten chapter.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:25 am

I agree it wont affect his legacy but comparing Jordan's wizard years to messi currently is massively different. Jordan retired for a 2nd time and came back at 40. Messi kind of just fell off or has definitely regressed due to age. Jordan at 40 probably performing better than current messi atm too

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Found Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:54 am

I’m so excited waiting for today’s through pass gif cheers
Found
Found
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:54 pm

@Harmonica

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:17 pm

Found wrote:I’m so excited waiting for today’s through pass gif cheers

Through pass gif, key dribbles stats, successful ball progressions, and a detailed breakdown of who let Messi down this time.

Exciting stuff as usual.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:46 pm

So much more exited to watch Messi nowadays with Argentina, than with club. How times change.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 K9LqriR

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 HFSRtfU

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 IBYdI17

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 J2t0ypM
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:43 pm

That goal is honestly hilarious Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:39 pm

di Maria's chip goal was class
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:41 pm

Career 10th assist hat-trick.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 4peV57r

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 D0BSIeP

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 H9kRSAb

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 ZMnD6yM

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 7Fbahpc
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:48 pm

How many goals?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:26 pm

Also the first player to record 2 assist hat-tricks in a Ligue 1 season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:35 pm

Harmonica wrote:772

You can't even answer the question! In lique it's 3 (something like 30th in lique) and in CL 5.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Harmonica wrote:772

You can't even answer the question! In lique it's 3 (something like 30th in lique) and in CL 5.
Lmao I'm not a psychic. If I'm talking about career statistics, and you ask something, then I assume it's about career statistics. What kind of mongoloid dialogue you have in real life I've to ask? Also if you knew the answer, why are you even asking?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:59 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 19 UbqTXcJ
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:20 am

After the last game in the 1000 official games club.

10 Barcelona C (5+0)
22 Barcelona B (6+1)
778 Barcelona (672+330)
30 PSG (9+15)
160 Argentina (81+56)

1000 games (773+402)
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:16 pm

Most requested tickets for World Cup:
1. World Cup final
2. Argentina vs Mexico
3. Argentina vs Saudia Arabia
4. Argentina vs Poland

(source: fifa.com)

People want to watch Messi play. They dont care about tapins
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:51 am

Last chance to watch a world cup by him, gotta take advantage
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:55 am

Watching a guy walk for 88 minutes and jog for another 2. No thanks. Waste of godly talent due to lack of effort.

If his talent level had gone to a proper pashun Brexit merchant like Mark Noble for example the world would be a better place.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:24 am

I thought he didn't score because he's a full-time playmaker now Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:37 pm

McAgger wrote:Watching a guy walk for 88 minutes and jog for another 2. No thanks. Waste of godly talent due to lack of effort.

If his talent level had gone to a proper pashun Brexit merchant like Mark Noble for example the world would be a better place.

you're acting like the guy hasn't dazzled us for 14 years or so.
he has nothing left to prove, let him enjoy his life.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:22 pm

I haven't seen much PSG since they lost to Madrid, as Poch's made me lose all faith in this project even though I did enjoy the Messi-Mbappe link up.

Either way, Messi didn't go from the best finisher to the worst just like that. I don't believe he's suddenly forgotten how to shoot the ball. Like yeah, he's been a flop this season as he's heavily underwhelmed relative to expectations, but I don't think it's a simple case of it just being a blatant technical decline.

Once Poch leaves, and they hire a coach who realizes Messi is free at the edge of the box 5-6 times a game, I'm sure his scoring count will increase. His finishing troubles have more to do with confidence and opportunities rather than technique. He went from 6 shots per game to 3 shots per game. Less scoring chances + finishing troubles = a recipe for low confidence and poor form.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next