CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 am

sheeesh how terrible was Toronto outside of Freddy and Powell tonight. Anyway, glad the Celtics won even if they still made hard work of it. Don't think i could have taken 4 more minimum games of Siakam clowning around out there amongst actual NBA players

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 am

I Get why Siakam was in and for his defence but he took way too many risks and made a great number of their turnovers. 18 turnovers!

That cost them the game. And van Vleet in his head clearly thinks he is Steph Curry not to mention him driving it in like Vince Carter despite his non existent athleticism. Terrible series by Siakam especially. Total scrub.

How Ibaka was benched so much compared to Siakam and others confused me. Great series other way and definitely deserved by Celtics.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:02 am

I absolutely hate players like Siakam. As mentioned he reminds me of Jerome Williams. Always trying for the highlight reel dunks. Always driving it in past 3 players via brute force when his creative flow runs out flat (doesn't take long for him) and just costs the team. He is utterly shameless in the way he does that and been so bad I will go as far as to say he cost Raptors the series. I cannot stand players who just have a low Basketball IQ.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:05 am

This series highlighted the difference on why that extra Xfactor is so crucial in the game. If Raps since had Leonard or any superstar post Leonard this would have been a different series all together.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:16 am

Why Nick Nurse did not play Chris Boucher against the Celtics ? a guy who takes rebounds and good shot blocker who can sink a couple of 3s

Literally an upgrade over the bubble version of Siakam. It's quite strange to switch off like that
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:05 am

Funny how Celtics are always in ECF, except when they had Irving as their star.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:14 am

If Celtic had one useful player on their bench, I'd fancy their chances. Olynyk and Herro are going to win it off the bench for the Heat, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:05 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I Get why Siakam was in and for his defence but he took way too many risks and made a great number of their turnovers. 18 turnovers!

That cost them the game. And van Vleet in his head clearly thinks he is Steph Curry not to mention him driving it in like Vince Carter despite his non existent athleticism. Terrible series by Siakam especially. Total scrub.

How Ibaka was benched so much compared to Siakam and others confused me. Great series other way and definitely deserved by Celtics.

can't really blame Freddy when he knows he is their best 3 shooter off the dribble. Especially even more so when he sees Siakam turning the ball over every other possession, so he needs to help his team get buckets. Obviously he wasn't great this series, but then again you don't really expect that from him, he is a B+ player at best, however he did come up with some timely 3s here and there to keep them in games throughout the series.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I Get why Siakam was in and for his defence but he took way too many risks and made a great number of their turnovers. 18 turnovers!

can't really blame Freddy when he knows he is their best 3 shooter off the dribble. Especially even more so when he sees Siakam turning the ball over every other possession, so he needs to help his team get buckets. Obviously he wasn't great this series, but then again you don't really expect that from him, he is a B+ player at best, however he did come up with some timely 3s here and there to keep them in games throughout the series.

van Vleet is very good but at times he can be very careless and seemed low on confidence in this series. Not scouting for better passes, putting players in bad positions and then careless threes when he has more space to tune his shots.

Not to mention dribbling for 24 seconds in the final seconds last night.

This isn't a reflection of my thoughts on him as I rate him high but he does things in which simply aren't suited to him or simply does not have. He was great in the playoffs last year anyway. And this year good but inefficient.

Siakam on the other hand Ive never rated, never will. This series cements it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:42 pm

He has limitations in the postseason that need addressing but the reason he's "slobbed up" is because he puts up better than Steph Curry numbers in less minutes than Steph Curry...during Curry's prime.

But this is the second postseason in a row where Giannis is an issue. He needs to develop some more post moves and a mid-range. More importantly, dude just needs a great PG to play with him.

Giannis's PPP as the screened in pick and rolls is ridiculous. Dude has been suffering playing with Bledsoe.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:55 pm

CBarca wrote:He has limitations in the postseason that need addressing but the reason he's "slobbed up" is because he puts up better than Steph Curry numbers in less minutes than Steph Curry...during Curry's prime..

im sorry what?? who are you talking about here? VanVleet?

anyway, speaking of Steph, this is sooooo wholesome, can't wait to get my Oakland City Warriors back

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:43 pm

The biggest mistake Toronto could make is give VanFleet a big contract. He can maybe be a 2nd option, but Raptors need a 1st option scorer. Siakam can only work as a 2nd option, Lowry is old and cannot be the 1st option and VanFleet cannot be that, either.

Toronto's next big contract has to go to a player who can go 1v1 in clutch moments.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:18 am

These next two years will be very important to us, this off-season Ibaka, Gasol and FVV are free agents I'd take Ibaka back but let the other two go, in 20/21 off season every expected Siakam will be free agents I'd keep OG and Powell, depends on how Davis develops might consider keeping him. At the moment there are some players in the market to move for, I wouldn't mind trying our hand and luck with Ingram or LaVine, or maybe we wait for Giannis and try our luck there since it's one thing Masai has been aiming for but I'm not sure Giannis and Siakam would be a good pairing unless Siakam improves on his shooting. It'll be quite interesting what happens in the next 2 years.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:20 am

GG Lakers, they were the better team in every single way. They adjusted after game one while the Rockets played the same way every game, which was figured out since game 2.

Not sure what there is for the Rockets future, other than somehow managing to bring a 3rd option with the few pieces we have. The lack of a big man has taken away two crucial Harden moves that used to be reliable, the lob and floater. It was made to free up space for Westbrook in the paint but we couldn‘t even see how that works in the playoffs because of his injury.

Fuck Thibs, we could‘ve had Butler if not for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:50 am

Looking at their salaries, the Rockets are screwed:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/HOU.html

An old team without cap space for the next couple of years. Two stars on max contracts who don't compliment each other.

I don't believe they can turn into a contender with this team. So here's my question: If the Rockets are not a contender, do they need Harden? Westbrook hasn't got much trade value, imo, but Harden does.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Seeing as i haven't posted in some time i have some Conference Semis takes.

Boston vs Toronto was great: Two great, versatile teams with great coaching and a lot of mental toughness

Ultimately it came down to the fact Siakam just didn't perform to the standard necessary, I'm sure he'll learn from it but it felt like his lack of performance was the difference.

Milwaukee vs Miami: this was an incredibly frustrating series to watch, on the one hand Miami are very good and Jimmy Butler was amazing.

But Milwaukee was like watching a college team with a pending Lottery Pick talent, a distinct lack of help , coaching and adjustments and you just feel bad watching them knowing they can't do anything. There needs to be serious changes there.

Houston in general: they greatly disappointed me, after game 3 they basically just gave up, once the Lakers took away the 3 they had zero answers.

James Harden might be the most frustrating player to watch in the league, he has all the talent but when he gives up the ball he might as well not be there, no movement off the ball, no cuts.

He's way too good to be this predictable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:22 pm

D'Antoni is leaving the sinking ship. Well, he might have got fired anyway, I dunno.

Clippers v Nuggets in the balance in the 4th.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm

lol Clippers are so disappointing
all we wanted was a match up with the Lakers in conference finals
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:52 pm

Maybe the Clippers have been a little disappointing, but this Nuggets team is actually pretty good and peaking at the right time.

Obviously hype wise Lakers v Nuggets won't be the same as Lakers v Clippers, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm

you can't give away a 16pt lead in both game 5 and 6
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Art Morte wrote:Maybe the Clippers have been a little disappointing, but this Nuggets team is actually pretty good and peaking at the right time.

Obviously hype wise Lakers v Nuggets won't be the same as Lakers v Clippers, though.

Sweep for Lakers either way lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 pm

they're the only team that can beat LeBron and AD which makes it more infuriating.
Once they've locked in and clicked it's clear to see they have been the best basketball team this season, only problem is it only happens every other game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:53 pm

When have they been the best team this season? We were clearly the best team before lock-down and we've shown we're the best in the playoffs so far.

I can't see any of those two teams beat us tbh. We'll murder any line-up featuring Lou and Harrell. They're absolutely horrible on defense. They have no answer for AD at all and no creative ball handlers other than Kawhi and that's not something he can do for longer periods of time.

Nuggets are a weird team though.

The two East teams can beat us though. I'm scared of Miami's three point shooters tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 pm

lol once their defense locks in, LeBron and AD will have to turn into LeBron-Kyrie 2016 to beat them, AD won't so that's why i go with Clippers vs them
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 am

El Gunner wrote:lol once their defense locks in, LeBron and AD will have to turn into LeBron-Kyrie 2016 to beat them, AD won't so that's why i go with Clippers vs them

once their defense locks in? So LeBron and AD have to become worse on offense to beat them?

AD won't? Yeah the dude averaging 30ppg in the playoffs for his career can't score. Their defense is worse than ours and who is guarding AD? Harrell? Zubac? Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:02 am

The only defense that can contain us somewhat is Boston
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next