CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:44 am

Vibe wrote:Bledsoe is great IMO, but Bucks would have been much better off with Brogdon for example.

Bledsoe on Lakers for example would be a much better fit.

People keep saying this but it was never really a choice between the two. I guess we could have tried trading bledsoe away, but he had recently signed an extension.

And at the end of the day we wanted to have a PG who could actually guard opposing PG's. Bled's defensive ability is no joke and he's been a great player for us. Brogdon probably would have been better, but idk if he was going to bring the title back.

Getting CP3 is an upgrade regardless, if he can stay injury free. That's a gamble, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:27 am

If Siakam could've even been half decent we'd win this series but he's been utter trash.

2nd OT now in game 6.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:03 am

I don't know how we keep surviving this rofl

Siakam needs to give his max contract to Lowry.

Heat going to meet a team beaten down in east finals
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:36 am

best game of the bubble so far, unbelievable lmao

tbh though i gotta say Celtics have been the better team to me this series. With what not having a single game where in all of Tatum, Brown and Kemba have clicked together and contributed, they've only been doing it every other game, but at least we know they can unlike Siakam. So purely for that reason i think they will pose a bigger threat to the Heat. Plus Hayward is coming back too.

But the Raptors are more resilient, so there's that.

Don't really care who wins in game 7, as long as it is a tight and feisty game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 am

Shame on Boston if they don't win this, their talent is better than Toronto's.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 pm

The guy has a wife and 3 kids :facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:34 pm

horniness is horniness Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Raptors really are running on fumes here.

Boston are individually the better team no doubt (Tatum is utterly world class) and have been the better team this series no doubt but Raps championship mentality, paired with Lowry has been nothing short of outstanding. Nurse really has grown as a coach and impresses me each time.

Never was a huge fan of Lowry as I feel Raptors fans overrate him but he has carried them this series.

Nearly all of their players have not come through from Gasol, van Vleet (inconsistent) to of course Siakam.

Siakam literally is like Jerome Williams 2.0 a marginally better version. How he is rated this high is beyond me let alone paid the absurd amount he is. Always tries to drive it in like a brute when he has options all around him and always looking to slam it in. I cannot stand players like him. Pathetic offensive IQ.

I cannot see Raps having another game like this in them given their core really is ageing and Stevens is bound to capitalise on their fatigue.

This is what a lack of superstar does as Raps are a pure basketball team as ever but they lack that X-factor that Leonard provided them so well. If they don't try their all to score Giannis next season will undoubtedly fail, unless they get lucky with another player.

Hats off to Powell by the way. Could clearly tell he was under immense pressure but his points somehow came through. Lowry kept them in the game but Powell won it for them.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 pm

Question for Freeza and I urge you read my question as it is.

Before Raps won the championship and within the playoffs you called Nurse the worst coach in NBA. Now let it be known I am not calling you out and this isn't hindsight either but I am merely asking what had you call him as such? Of course I will also assume your thoughts have evolved on him post finals along with this year. So was that opinion for then or has it not changed

Been meaning to ask this for a while, rather.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:59 pm

I never knew you were such a classed man of basketball culture Arq Shocked Molenation

Freeza is just the guy who always thinks he knows better, nothing new to see here tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Question for Freeza and I urge you read my question as it is.

Before Raps won the championship and within the playoffs you called Nurse the worst coach in NBA. Now let it be known I am not calling you out and this isn't hindsight either but I am merely asking what had you call him as such? Of course I will also assume your thoughts have evolved on him post finals along with this year. So was that opinion for then or has it not changed

Been meaning to ask this for a while, rather.

I’m struggling to think of a time where I called someone not named Luke Walton the worst coach in the league. Can you please show me where I said that? Not like

Also ElG stop being a dumbass.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:21 pm

All I could dig up was me calling him terrible after they got obliterated by the Bucks in the playoffs last year. I chalk that up as hyperbole after a game where indeed had a terrible game plan. Also think Casey was fired at a terrible time at that point iirc. Guy had done great with what he had (I’ve got a low opinion of DeRozan).

Hard to disagree with that move now though since they won, and capitalized on their historic injury luck.

He’s still has a lot to prove tbh but he’s done incredible against us. No one has coached better against the Lakers this year and they have the best personnel to beat us this year.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 pm

It was probably after we destroyed the raptors for game 2 to take a 2-0 lead on the raptors, and it was looking like we could possibly sweep based on the first two games.

Nurse obviously was part of a great comeback (well...and epic collapse by the bucks), but at that time many people were criticizing Nurse, so a bit of hyperbolic criticism probably wasn't out of line or unexpected.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Anthony Davis really has a 36.0 PER in the playoffs so far Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Freeza wrote:

He’s still has a lot to prove tbh but he’s done incredible against us. No one has coached better against the Lakers this year and they have the best personnel to beat us this year.

lol not if Siakam is playing like a random boy picked up from the streets of Africa
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 pm

We’re finally benching JaVale for this series Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:35 am

congratulations to the Houston Rockets for putting in the worst display in the playoffs so far, absolutely terrible stuff, sheesh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:59 am

They’re really getting every call despite showing a piss poor morale.

Great stuff.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 am

16-33...

And now they’re coming back. Incredible stuff
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 am

That late run only pissed me off even more... fuck off.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:17 am

Time for the Rockets to blow it up? : )
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:27 am

Freeza wrote:All I could dig up was me calling him terrible after they got obliterated by the Bucks in the playoffs last year. I chalk that up as hyperbole after a game where indeed had a terrible game plan. Also think Casey was fired at a terrible time at that point iirc. Guy had done great with what he had (I’ve got a low opinion of DeRozan).

Hard to disagree with that move now though since they won, and capitalized on their historic injury luck.

The post wasn't a call out of course so I wrongly paraphrased it and was more on a question on why those are your thoughts.

How do you rate him otherwise and what do you think he can improve upon
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:16 am

Siakam is a literal clown. Insanely overrated.

Tatum is a future Top 3 player. What a classy shooter
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:48 am

CBarca wrote:Well it's an unmitigated disaster for the Bucks. The only consolation is we weren't Philly. Ultimately the defensive adjustments were too late. Imagine that defense we played last game, but with Giannis in the lineup to actually capitalize on the offensive end?

I am convinced Bucks must do exactly two things: one-- to whatever it takes to sign Chris Paul (and with his age, contract, and injury issues, it really shouldn't be anything extraordinary, despite the season he had).

Combining a point guard who is a true ballhandler, a true playmaker, and a true leader (with clutch genes) with Giannis and Khris would be a godsend. Bledsoe, and I love the guy, has not been the player we need. His defense has been incredible and it is incredible, but his offense is too stagnant and doesn't fit in with this team, and he's not a winner.

Not only would the offense flow so much better with a floor general like Paul, but when the game slows down in the playoffs and teams start to switch, imagine making teams choose switch between Paul, Middleton and Giannis. Three great iso players, one of which is a guard who we KNOW can punish mismatches, Khris who can shoot over smaller players and thrives on mismatches, and Giannis who rams through anyone smaller than him.

Two, fire Budenholzer and replace him with someone more ready in the playoffs. I love Bud and I've been an ardent defender. He turned this team around. But his adjustments were too late/nonexistent last year against Toronto. His adjustments defensively this year took too long, and we paid for it by losing Giannis by the time we started to play the defense we needed to play to win. Also, someone else would play Giannis and Khris 40+ and we need that. I don't know who that coach is, but Budenholzer ain't it.

With a new coach and CP3 in the team, I'm confident we would make the finals and I think we have a chance to win it. I don't care if Giannis turns down our extension or not, I think these are the moves that have to happen
Giannis exposed himself this series. Hes scary coming down on a fast break, but relies on his size in every other spot. Dont know why they slob him up so much, hes very limited offensively. Cant really dribble, cant shoot if its not coming down om a fast break. I really wanted the heat to sign him next year, not so much now. Still an elite player, maybe Paul can open things up for him. I was praying hed shoot everytime he got the ball because his shot is clown shoes.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:56 am

Nurse deserve some blame her not benching Siakam for Ibaka when he was clearly outplaying him.

Now that this is over I hope we can sign Masai and Nurse back up again.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 am

sheeesh how terrible was Toronto outside of Freddy and Powell tonight. Anyway, glad the Celtics won even if they still made hard work of it. Don't think i could have taken 4 more minimum games of Siakam clowning around out there amongst actual NBA players
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next