CBarca
El Gunner
Warrior
Robespierre
Freeza
19 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:25 am

What the hell is this shit, Vogel?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:28 am

This is the same exact game as last year
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:36 am

Positive takeaway is that we experimented with lineups throughout the second half and didn’t play anything we know works. Basically spent time integrating the new guys
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:52 am

lol
who played point for Clippers?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:55 am

Freeza wrote:Wes Matthews out here shooting like Danny Green

rofl told you he's a worse player, any Bucks fan would tell you the same (inb4 CB comes in to play his usual EG contrarian self)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:04 am

No, I mean...wes basically was the prototypical Bucks "shooter" last year. A shooter whose not actually a top tier shooter. He's fine. He's 37%. But 37% isn't 40%. And 40% ain't 42%. There's a big difference in my confidence when Wes took a shot and Korver taking a shot.

We were a team that surrounded Giannis with shooters...who were barely better than league average shooters. That's improved a bit this year, although there are other sacrifices made.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:00 pm

People are gonna think I'm overreacting but Clippers on paper should be better than last year.

Ibaka is actually going to defend the rim, Batum should be better than any non PG, Kawhi wing they had and Kennard is better than Shamet.

Still don't have a point guard but their roster makes so much more sense on paper than it did a year ago.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Ibaka, of course is a great signing
Batum? lol, he seems to playing more top of the key than wing or inside the paint, i joked on twitter that he is their idea of new point guard
only time will tell if Kennard is more effective than Shamet
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:39 pm

also granted they played a GSW team in that state, i'd say watch out for Caris LeVert for 6th Man of the Year potential. He looked really nice coming off the bench, can make that role his own.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Batum was terrible last night lol.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:07 pm

I didn't even watch the game, it has nothing to do with last night. I'm just pointing out the guys they signed are better than the guys they replaced and fit much better with the group they have.

I can't believe i need to explain this considering i literally started with the words "on paper".

I just felt like mentioning this because people have been memeing the entire off season about how terrible their off season was when the reality is all the guys they signed are better than what they had in those roles last year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Their new guys aren’t better at all imo.

But sure. We’ll see later. Kennard and Batum is nothing to worry about. Harrell is also better than anyone they got and Shamet has turned underrated.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Harrell better than Ibaka Laughing

Ibaka is a better defender, shotblocker and shooter.

All things which matter, part of the reason Clippers sucked so much defensively is because they had a 6 ft 7 undersized guy who can't defend or shoot against frontline bigs like AD, Jokic etc.

Also Kennard is a better player than Shamet, this isn't debatable. He has more skill and things he can do outside of just the shooting and he's 40% from 3 anyway. It's okay you can admit you've barely watched someone, nobody is gonna shame you.

As for Batum i said he was better than Non PG/Kawhi wings ? Where's the lie? He is competing with nobody as they had nobody last year lol.

Drop the Lakers fanboyism for 5 seconds and seeing everything how it effects you, i never once mentioned the Clippers are gonna win the championship or their better than the Lakers.

I said the players they signed are upgrades to what they had last season and their roster makes way more sense than it did before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:50 pm

The reason Clippers sucked defensively at times was because of Lou Williams. Clippers had a defensive rating at about 97 when Harrell was playing without Lou Will.

And guess what. He’s still there.

You’re ridiculous if you think their defense is going to hold up in playoffs with Lou Will and Kennard next to each other.

Also I don’t think they’re better lol.

I’d legit rather have Shamet, Harrell and JaMychal Green than Ibaka, Batum and Kennard.

Harrell is a better shot blocker than Ibaka for what it’s actually he worth. He’s blocked more the past two years.

He’s also much faster, a better rebounder and a better overall scorer who can score on his own while Ibaka needs to be set up for all his offense.

I can see why you might disagree, but it’s really not wild to suggest they got a little bit worse.

I just don’t see how they fixed any of their issues from last year. Mainly not having a single point guard on their roster.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:51 pm

And please start offering some fucking arguments instead of “hurr durr Lakers bias”

Can’t take that shit seriously from a Pelicans fan who think Zion and Adams fit well together.

Meanwhile talking about me not having seen someone play... lol

Everyone here knows how you never watch anyone play and still got an opinion about everyone. You’ve done this for years. You even wrote at the start of your post about Clipper being better this year that you haven’t watched them.

Meanwhile I’ve watched three games this season alone.

A single Paul George master class didn’t hide their problems to me at all
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Ibaka is better than Harrell, especially in the playoffs where 3-and-D is more important than banging in the paint. Ibaka is also mentally on a different level to Harrell, who melted in the playoffs.

Batum is as finished as you can be at only 32. Kennard is a nice sniper to have, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:39 pm

I think Ibaka is overrated as a defender, mainly due to his advanced age. Still a much better post defender than Harrell though. So it’s good for Clippers against Nuggets if they were to meet them again.

Can’t see Ibaka doing well on switches though. I’d rather have Harrell there. But it all depends on the individual matchup.

Harrell breaking down is understandable given what happened to him. Not many players would perform under those circumstances.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People are gonna think I'm overreacting but Clippers on paper should be better than last year.

Ibaka is actually going to defend the rim, Batum should be better than any non PG, Kawhi wing they had and Kennard is better than Shamet.

Still don't have a point guard but their roster makes so much more sense on paper than it did a year ago.

Would anyone actually think the Clippers haven’t improved? I think quite easily they have and a new coach helps refresh them as well. Batum is a bit of a gamble considering his recent seasons and his overall injury proneness. I think this signing could come back to bite them but on paper and at 100%, they are certainly a very good team

The lakers improved even more though and this is the problem. The only blemish they have is keeping Kuzma

Brooklyn looks pretty legit. One game I know but they have a great bench and Kyrie and KD will light up teams on any given night. Let’s see how healthy they stay. In the L’East I can see them making big waves

But the big losers from last night are the warriors. I don’t see any bright spots. Steph’s usage will be absolutely insane this year if this is what they are producing. They should be actively trying to make some trades. I think it’s time to ship out Draymond but also move Wiggins and whoever else. Harden on the warriors even makes sense

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:53 pm

How did they improve when they didn’t fix their problems at all?

That’s what I’m asking. Their shooting didn’t get better, rebounding didn’t get better. Post defense got better and perimeter got worse. I seriously think Kennard is one of the worst defenders in the league.

It’s gonna take Paul George and Kawhi to defend perimeter players all game for them to contend.

On the other hand.

Brooklyn looked lethal and much better than I anticipated.

Happy KD is back. Second best player on this century
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:09 pm

I think personnel-wise they did improve on paper, which is what (and all) mole was saying

Time will tell if they actually improve their results

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:13 pm

No one's said much about the Nets - and not just on here - because no one knew how Durant and Irving would look like after their injuries. Both are looking great. Won't take long until the fans and the media start raving about them, I reckon.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:36 pm

If they put together more games like last night and with Steve Nash involved they will certainly get a lot of hype

Nice team, strong bench. They’ll do some damage if healthy in the east

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:39 pm

Luca wrote:I think personnel-wise they did improve on paper, which is what (and all) mole was saying

Time will tell if they actually improve their results

Yeah, that was he was saying. I disagreed. Came with my arguments. And I was wrong because I’m a Lakers fan.

I just don’t see how they’re that much better on paper since they didn’t fix their weaknesses and they no longer has the best (regular season) scoring bench.

Their bench looked dreadful last night and I think Kawhi will have to be insane for them to get a good seed.

I fear Rockets the most out of any West team this year tbh. Highest ceiling. But a high ass injury probability. So I’m hoping Harden is traded.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:42 pm

Also a takeaway from last night regarding the Lakers is that we need a Center for regular season ball. AD is saving himself for PO and it’s too hard for us defend big guys is Marc Gasol picks up dumb or ticky tack fouls.

Don’t think we can sign anyone for some time though. Would love Dedmon, who I assume already has a deal but is waiting for someone to open a spot. Why else wouldn’t he be signed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Freeza wrote:What the hell is wrong with Gasol lol.

A top 5 post-passer who's still an elite post-defender is a great pick-up for certain match-ups. We need that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Freeza wrote:What the hell is wrong with Gasol lol.

A top 5 post-passer who's still an elite post-defender is a great pick-up for certain match-ups. We need that.

I don’t think you understood my post above at all.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next