BarrileteCosmico
Kebab
Kaladin
danyjr
El Gunner
LeBéninois
10 posters

Go down

Handball in a box should result in a freekick  Empty Handball in a box should result in a freekick

Post by LeBéninois Wed 3 Mar - 19:11:45

Unless obviously intentional, handball in the box should result in a freekick .

discuss lol
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Handball in a box should result in a freekick  Empty Re: Handball in a box should result in a freekick

Post by El Gunner Wed 3 Mar - 20:44:25

makes sense, i like it, could make some decisions clearer... and it sounds more fair... but you just know PL VAR will find a way to make a mess of it
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Handball in a box should result in a freekick  Empty Re: Handball in a box should result in a freekick

Post by danyjr Wed 3 Mar - 22:10:49

Agreed and I like the idea.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed 3 Mar - 22:37:58

Its called a penalty for United, mate
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Thu 4 Mar - 0:45:34

There should be no penalty as its a 95% scoring chance, but some fouls inside box is not even 5% chance. Worst thing ever invented
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 4 Mar - 1:39:35

A free kick... from inside the box? Direct or indirect?

Anyways I'm game but it could be abused. Determining what's "obviously intentional" is always a tricky subject.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu 4 Mar - 9:10:32

The rules are proven to be able to be changed and adjusted these days which is great to see, and I agree, unintentional handballs should not result in an auto pen, since so many of them are pretty marginal and dont affect the play that much. The punishment whether it be freekick on the spot or whatever, they should think of something new defintely instead of a pen.

Not easy to think of a perfect solution though obviously since some of them do result in affecting like whether a chance is created or even more, and so a freekick would be insufficient punishment for these. A hard one to solve this Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 4 Mar - 11:36:07

BarrileteCosmico wrote:A free kick... from inside the box? Direct or indirect?

Anyways I'm game but it could be abused. Determining what's "obviously intentional" is always a tricky subject.

Yeah, the zone of debate and controversy is simply shifted,from "what's a handball" to "what's an intentional handball".
While I'm not unsympathetic to the idea I honestly can see it lead to even more controvery, confusion, and blunders

decisions willalways have to be made, and they will always be controversial
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 4 Mar - 12:38:04

I think the most important aspect of that issue is whether the handball changes direction in which the ball moves. We should focus on that

Like yesterday with Lenglet. He hits the ball with his hand stretched out but it doesnt change the direction of the ball and doesnt even slow it down. It should never be a pen even though the handball was clear and his hand was not in line with his body BUT it didn't change the course of the action

So imo:
arm in line with the body: never a penalty
arm stretched out and changes direction of the ball: penal
arm stretched out but doesn't change direction: no penal

Example:

Adding indirect FKs into the mix would unnecessarily make things even more complicated imo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu 4 Mar - 15:08:38

You can not avoid debate or controversy no matter what solution you come up with. Therefore, no need to add further controversy.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down