Pedram
H.A.
Shamirr
LeVersacci
Mahmud002
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties Empty Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties

Post by Mahmud002 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 pm

I personally think Ronaldo is above average free kick taker so we should look for other options. He can take those 30-35 yard screamers but edge of D-box we have some good options. Benzema is a good option from left side of the box as he used take some those in his Lyon days and he scored some too and as for right side Sahin is a great option.

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties Empty Re: Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties

Post by LeVersacci Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Yes, i wan't Sahin & Alonso to take more ffs.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties Empty Re: Does anyone think Ronaldo should stripped from freekick duties

Post by Shamirr Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Yes but CR7 wants to take FKs and we shouldn't cause unnecessary problems in the team. He does a good job he's not Beckham or Juninho but he's not hurting us...
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Well he now has changed his style so more shots are on target now, just look at the past few games. He should still take em when they are at the perfect distance/angle. Would love to see more from Ozil and Xabi though Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Xabi can score beautiful freekicks too but i honestly don't see Ronaldo giving those chances to any other players.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 pm

NO
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 pm

He was taking free kicks differently for most of last season because he was told the way he did it before (the way he took them at United) was not good for his foot (something about the way in which he hit the ball)

Now he has gone back to his original method so you'll notice that near the end of the season he started scoring more from set pieces
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 pm

In the past few games and end of last season he was scoring freekicks alot,plus he had the most goals scored from freekick last year.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 pm

No
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by estrella bernabeu Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't think that anybody in the team will try to take out the FK from CR and to be honest he's doing it pefectly lately, it's not common to see FK missed and blown in the air by Ronaldo in the past few games. He has a point to improve wich is taking the ball over the wall.

At the left of Dbox, Ozil has almost always taken his chances Smile
estrella bernabeu
estrella bernabeu
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:29 pm

ozil can take a mean free kick every once and a while.

give mesut the top of the box type range free kicks, ronaldo can keep the middle range, and xabi should have the long range ones.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 pm

yes,it kind of annoys me how he gets most of his fks on the wall
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahmud002 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 am

Ronaldo hits his free kicks like projectile so he actually he needs a bit of distance and his mid range free kicks are good but his technique for box type free kicks are not refined or good enough so most of the time they look awful and we got some good options to take those close range free kicks.

Last edited by Mahmud002 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Mahmud002
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:08 am

hrealmadrid wrote:He was taking free kicks differently for most of last season because he was told the way he did it before (the way he took them at United) was not good for his foot (something about the way in which he hit the ball)

Now he has gone back to his original method so you'll notice that near the end of the season he started scoring more from set pieces

not sure if that's a good or bad thing..
If i remember correctly, that theory was never proven. It was just something mark hughes (former man city manager) speculated.

he had some awesome free kicks on his first season. Last season, I kinda got tired/sick of ronaldo taking freekick because he kept missing(not even close) or hitting the wall.

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 am

♠Ace wrote:
hrealmadrid wrote:He was taking free kicks differently for most of last season because he was told the way he did it before (the way he took them at United) was not good for his foot (something about the way in which he hit the ball)

not sure if that's a good or bad thing..
If i remember correctly, that theory was never proven. It was just something mark hughes (former man city manager) speculated.

he had some awesome free kicks on his first season. Last season, I kinda got tired/sick of ronaldo taking freekick because he kept missing(not even close) or hitting the wall.

It's not speculation. His personal doctor confirmed it, and I made a thread about it on one of the old forums. I don't think he'll ever take his free kicks the way he used to do it for Man United, ever again. He's still an above average FK taker, but we have several options on the team that are also above average at it and can provide something different from his predictable, "all-power" shots. I don't mind that he keeps taking them, but he shouldn't be Madrid's only designated FK taker.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:54 am

He's our best free kick taker so no.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Ozil, Sahin, and Alonso should get more. But Cristiano can be great at those when he wants to, so he should take the penalties and the mid range ones, and do them well.

We seriously have the best penalty shootout lineup in the world. Iker is amazing at penalties, then we have:

Cristiano
Alonso
Benzema
Sahin (is he good at PKs, hes great at freekicks)
Kaka
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:47 pm

I think he should keep on taking them. He can be a source of frustration at times, but he can pop up with an incredible free-kick out of nowhere.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:59 pm

@SB

Sahin isn't that great at penalties, he's missed a few in his career.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Zealous wrote:@SB

Sahin isn't that great at penalties, he's missed a few in his career.

Thanks, I know that penalties and FKs are very different, but seeing as CR and Alonso are good at both, I was wondering.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Don't get me wrong he's good at PK's but not Ronaldo or Alonso level good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Zealous wrote:Don't get me wrong he's good at PK's but not Ronaldo or Alonso level good.

Ronaldo and Alonso are both the type who go for power over precision. I would prefer if someone like Özil or Kaká was given a chance on close range FKs.. if only every now and then. I know that Kaká is capable of both power and precision shots, whereas Xabi and CR, in particular almost always go for power.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:13 pm

More people taking freekicks= less predictability = more chances that the opponent messes up Very Happy
Just my two cents :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm

babun1024 wrote:More people taking freekicks= less predictability = more chances that the opponent messes up Very Happy

That's basically what I was trying to say drinking
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Thimmy wrote:
babun1024 wrote:More people taking freekicks= less predictability = more chances that the opponent messes up Very Happy

That's basically what I was trying to say
Cheers mate drinking
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next