Perucho21
Thimmy
strugahimself
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Life after Zidane - Page 2 Empty Re: Life after Zidane

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 22, 2021 7:32 pm

I certainly would welcome Allegri. Like I said we need a experienced coach and actually give him a shot.

I think his style of play will be initially taken negatively but with time and patience it can work

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 22, 2021 11:52 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Hopefully the new manager realizes that besides benzema our forwards are going nowhere within Real Madrid.

Vini, Asensio, Isco, Hazard. All completely useless. Keep Rodrygo on as the backup. Either give Jovic/Odegaard another shot or sign someone affordable but established.

I don’t watch Frankfurt regularly, but whenever I do watch them nowadays, Jovic looks really timid and static compared to before we bought him. I don’t know if we killed his drive for the game, or if there are other reasons for his drastic drop in form, but I’m thinking it’s probably best if we let him go while he still has value.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed May 26, 2021 11:08 pm

Per Romano, Zidane is done.

Whos the favorite? Conte is now in the market too
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 26, 2021 11:15 pm

I knew it.

We are broke. The team is bloated. Far too many players comfortable in their mediocrity. We need goals, and we need goals pronto. We can't go into another season relying on perma injured Dani. We need to get Hakimi back. We need quality wingers and not children. We need depth in midfield. We can't go into the CL again getting overrun in midfield because of our old mifield 3 that should have been broken up 2 seasons ago
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 pm

May i suggest.... quique setien?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed May 26, 2021 11:57 pm

You know, all kidding aside, I just hope it's not Raul.

I have nothing against him, he's a Madrid legend and icon, but after the Solari horror show, I really want the club to stop handing the first team to Castilla managers.

I would contact Max before he signs for Juve. His style may not be the most attractive out there, but he knows how to build teams from scratch without spending a fortune, and as opposed to Conte, his Juve was pretty strong in the CL as well.

Conte is elite, no doubt, but his CL form worries me.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 am

Myesyats wrote:May i suggest.... quique setien?
Name doesn't ring a bell... Wasn't he that guy who replaced valverde and only lasted 3-6 months at Barca?

I don't know why Zidane decided to quit Real Madrid but... I will respect his choice.

Hope Raul or one of our own gets a shot. I dislike allegri in terms of tactical ability...wait on 2nd thought that's not it. Tactical... Approach there we go. Dislike his tactical approach (defensive) but he is a much welcome option compared to the losers known as Pochettino and Conte. Already said my piece on tactically inept Pochettino. But I hear Conte is out of a job? He best stay far away from Real Madrid. We don't need mental midgets at the helm. His record in Europe is piss poor. Real Madrid being regularly eliminated @ round of 16 champions league is not what most Real Madrid fans expect from their team. Nvm that I don't respect his tactics either. He makes Mourinho look like a competent coach. And I ****ing hate Mourinho.

Raul, Lowe, Allegri in that order.

Last edited by Turok_TTZ on Thu May 27, 2021 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by strugahimself Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 am

Conte is a League manager, while Allegri is more all around, and like Zidane they are schooled in 90' Serie A, it seems boring but it gets the job done.

I would like to se Raul do good in some other team first, then see him return at the helm.

I have a low opinion on Low as a manager(pun intended), a club manager at that, he is more of a National team manager, a tournament manager.

Out of the bunch Allegri seems the most logical, he can build a team better than anyone of the rumored men. But if we look to sleep this transfer season around I know Perez will sign a Yes Man aka someone who he can fire easier, or someone the fans won't give a hard time, someone from our own ranks, so that man will be Raul.

strugahimself
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 27, 2021 2:24 am

I really do not get why my fellow Madrid fans want Raul or Alonso at the helm. These guys are hilariously inexperienced at this level and you know us, we would eat them alive after 5 games of mediocre results. To which, would probably happen. Not everyone is Zidane or Pep, lots of Lampards and Rooney's plying their trade.

Also, Madrid ain't broke. Broke is not being able to pay your players' salaries and not being able to pay your light bill. What Madrid is experiencing is what most clubs have to endure: spending within a limited budget. And once again, you do not need to overspend to be competitive.

Proper coaching and actual scouting can really do wonders for a team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 am

Comunicado official, Zidane is out.

And now Romano is reporting Allegri is heading back to juve.

We are going to end up with Raul aren't we?

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 12:44 pm

Allegri is off the bord

Pochettino is apparently on the bord since yesterday, is it a reason why they kept Max waiting and he chose Juve?

That leaves Low, Conte, and Raul otherwise,
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 27, 2021 12:47 pm

Doc wrote:I really do not get why my fellow Madrid fans want Raul or Alonso at the helm. These guys are hilariously inexperienced at this level and you know us, we would eat them alive after 5 games of mediocre results. To which, would probably happen. Not everyone is Zidane or Pep, lots of Lampards and Rooney's plying their trade.

Also, Madrid ain't broke. Broke is not being able to pay your players' salaries and not being able to pay your light bill. What Madrid is experiencing is what most clubs have to endure: spending within a limited budget. And once again, you do not need to overspend to be competitive.

Proper coaching and actual scouting can really do wonders for a team.

@Doc, i don’t really disagree with you, but I would like to point out a few misstatements you made.

I don’t believe anyone other than me mentioned Xabi and I stated both he and Raul were too inexperienced for the job!

And yes the club is not broke or bankrupt (not sure that isn’t an accurate description of Barca though), but they are heavily in debt, about 1Billion. A large part of this, as much as 50 % is in regards to the new stadium and the loan for that is payable over 20 years. So debt problem (the other 50%) is temporary until fans get back into stadium for a period of time. But the issue is funds available for transfers.

Flo does seem determined to bring in one of, even both of Mbappe and Haaland, but they will be tough and it said Flo will try even if their clubs make him wait until 2022. With the lack of transfer funds, he will have to make that or those deals with additional debt load. They are hoping to raise some funds through sales (Varane, Isco, Hazard, Etc), but reality IMO is the funds they will get for them is very limited!

You say club has to operate on a budget! Under Flo they have always worked under a budget. That financial management is Flo’s main strength.

Let’s remember the real reason, Zidane is leaving. He is not up to transitioning this club and he is too attached to the veterans on the club ignoring the development of talent we have. That will be a key requirement for any incoming coach.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 27, 2021 12:58 pm

I would argue that Zidane is not leaving due to not wanting to make a transition. I think he is leaving because he is tired of the kind of pressures that have filtered through the press when the team was doing poorly. He was threatened to be sack this season if they had lost certain key games in Champions League. This has been reported by some good journalists as well.

I think he is tired of that kind of practice and he prefers to leave, rather than be sacked as soon as there w’are bad results.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu May 27, 2021 2:12 pm

I don't think the club would ever sack him but i agree that he's not had any respecr from sections of the media with the club doing nothing to protect him. He protected the players but nobody protected him. The club won't understand the absolute diamond they've lost until they'll be begging for his return again
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 27, 2021 6:01 pm

zidane has played for and coached real madrid. in his time as player, consultant with the president, assistant coach, castilla coach, he has seen at least 7 coaches leave Real madrid and the media and fans' reaction to situations.....i highly doubt that's what caused him to leave. he knew and understand all that comes with the territory before he signed twice. and it really is the case with any big club. i'm inclined to think it was more to do with transitions than media pressure

i also dont buy the lack of protection part; besides mourinho, he's been the coach with the highest backing i've seen. he probably just wants rest before a new project.

the club does understand his value, he is the best coach we have ever had in like 20 plus years....not even close. i bet flo wanted him to stay, but he knows zidane. on decisions like that, zizou hardly changes his mind
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 pm

It wasn't the media pressure per say...  it's management using the media to exert pressure on him as opposed to doing it directly.  He understands the requirements of Real Madrid and always has.  He's even said them himself bluntly on several occasions.  But Zidane did not expect management to use these cowardly practices with him.  He expected more.  So he's leaving.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 27, 2021 10:00 pm

I would honestly hedge my bets with Conte. He's not a long term manager but if Perez's plan is to still keep the current squad as it is with more reinforcements, then I'd say Conte would be ideal.

Signing Raul is Perez way of saying that the current squad can still compete and win. We will always compete, but we can't win with this team currently, especially with that offense.

The defense and midfield are not issues. There's the negotiations with Ramos but Militao has had a breakout season. We will be fine. Midfield is fine too just need more depth.

It's really the offense (besides Benzema) that is keeping us from winning. So hopefully Perez realizes that all this squad needs at the moment is a good and experienced manager, changes in offense and that's all
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 27, 2021 10:22 pm

I’m finding some of you are being hypocritical. On one hand you say you don’t have to spend a fortunate to get good players yet in past it seems any one not demanding an outrageous price wasn’t Good enough.
You seem to recognize club doesn’t have transfer funds yet you want entire team especially veterans replaced.
And now you are talking about getting a coach to ensure we win immediate trophies.

I have previously stated what needs done. Most of which involves having some patience.

We need to transition the team with a very limited transfer budget and to do that we need a coach to follow that plan and incorporate what talent we have. We have to abandon the reliance on the veterans.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu May 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Bill there's no such thing as patience with Real Madrid and the fans. Every season comes with the highest expectations. Of course everyone here can be patient but the reality is that it's never the case. If we were really patient Lopetegui would still be here and not fired after losing to a good Barca side. From that point I've acknowledged that patience is something the club and fans will never have.

Which is what bring me to what I said. And yes, there are certainly better options out there that would be an instant upgrade over Viniciois and Asensio, and they can be affordable. Literally anyone is an upgrade over those 2 lol
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 27, 2021 11:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9kKEfI6YlE

Fred Hermel, who is and has been very well connected to both Zidane and Real Madrid, reporting that Zidane was extremely angry that certain executives at Real Madrid (namely, Jose Angel) as they were stabbing him in the back using the media this season and that the club didn't stop this practice (looking at Florentino Trump).  He's been feuding with these same executives (again, Jose Angel) for years over transfers in fact (this is old news).

ZZ had decided to leave the club for months now.  Not a recent decision.

Also (and this is news), he will take a job as soon as one he likes presents itself.  He likes to manage.  He wants to manage.  He just doesn't want to manage under this regime at Real Madrid...  all this according to Fred Hermel.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 28, 2021 12:22 am

To entertain that statement (why the hell not), interesting that Flo chose Jose Angel over Zidane since he actually admires the latter...a lot.

Doesn't matter the why's at this point as Madrid would move on and Zidane is still loved by myself and the lot of us. That being said, Conte is fine, Allegri is fine, Poch is sort of fine. Just, no more ex player gambles. Let Raul et al progress organically.

Actually, Conte would probably be a waste as he'll definitely not get the signings he wants here lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 am

Florentino didn't choose... he just let it play out. One of those things. One he admires and is a great manager, the other is needed to run the organization.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri May 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Seems we're closer to Conte. ...at least he's got some league titles to his name. Wtf Pochettino got? Participation trophies?

I can at least write off next season then. Maybe we can win La Liga but Conte would need to abandon his dumbshit 352 formation first. That formation is a quarter of the reason why he's shit in Europe.

I wonder how the squad will take this? Ramos spoke up saying he got no respect for Conte some years back the last time Conte was linked to us. Ramos gonna Reemos but he is still captain. What if he was speaking for the team and not just himself back then? Seeing as he's leaving, I guess we will find out sooner rather than later.

Half the battle is getting the team on board and I ain't seeing that with Conte or excrement poch. You guys question our former players but my main argument for them is that because of their previous history, man management is easier. You won't hear Ramos saying respect is earned, not given to Raul for example.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by strugahimself Sun May 30, 2021 10:00 pm

According to todays news Conte gets a NO from staff and players of Real, Pochetino supposedly wants out but they seem like click bait rumors.

After all of this my guess is as it always was, Raul the next coach aka yes man of Real Madrid/Perez.

strugahimself
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon May 31, 2021 8:34 am

Zidane's open letter to Real Madrid fans: "I’m leaving because the club no longer has the faith in me I need"
The French coach reveals the reasons that led to his departure from Madrid in an open letter, published exclusively in AS: "I’m not jumping overboard, nor am I tired of coaching"

As.com
Update: 31 May 2021 07:35 EDT

Zidane's open letter to Real Madrid fans: "I’m leaving because the club no longer has the faith in me I need"
Dear Real Madrid fans,

For more than 20 years, from the first day I arrived in Madrid and wore the white shirt, you’ve shown me your love. I’ve always felt that there was something special between us. I’ve had the enormous honour of being a player and the coach of the greatest club ever, but above all I’m just another Madrid fan. For all these reasons I wanted to write this letter, to say goodbye to you and explain my decision to leave the coaching job.

When, in March 2019, I accepted the offer to return to Real Madrid after a break of eight months it was, of course, because President Florentino Pérez asked me, but also because all of you asked me every day to do so. When I met any of you in the street I felt your support and the desire to see me with the team again. Because I share the values of Real Madrid; this club belongs to its members, its fans and the entire world. I’ve tried to follow these values in everything I have done, and I’ve tried to be an example. Being at Madrid for 20 years is the most beautiful thing that’s happened to me in my life and I know I owe that entirely to the fact Florentino Pérez backed me in 2001, he fought to get me, to bring me here when some people were against it. I say it from the heart when I say that I will always be grateful to the ‘presi’ for that. Always.

"I share the values of Real Madrid; this club belongs to its members, its fans and the entire world. I’ve tried to follow these values in everything I have done, and I’ve tried to be an example"
Zidane

I have now decided to leave and I want to properly explain the reasons. I’m going, but I’m not jumping overboard, nor am I tired of coaching. In May 2018 I left because after two and a half years, with so many victories and so many trophies, I felt the team needed a new approach to stay at the very highest level. Right now, things are different. I’m leaving because I feel the club no longer has the faith in me I need, nor the support to build something in the medium or long term. I understand football and I know the demands of a club like Real Madrid. I know when you don’t win, you have to leave. But with this a very important thing has been forgotten, everything I built day-to-day has been forgotten, what I brought to my relationships with the players, with the 150 people who work with and around the team. I’m a natural-born winner and I was here to win trophies, but even more important than this are the people, their feelings, life itself and I have the sensation these things have not been taken into account, that there has been a failure to understand that these things also keep the dynamics of a great club going. To some extent I have even been rebuked for it.

"I’m leaving because I feel the club no longer has the faith in me I need, nor the support to build something in the medium or long term"
Zidane

I want there to be respect for what we have achieved together. I would have liked my relationship with the club and the president over the past few months to have been a little different to that of other coaches. I wasn’t asking for privileges, of course not, just a little more recollection. These days the life of a coach in the dugout at a big club is two seasons, little more. For it to last longer the human relationships are essential, they are more important than money, more important than fame, more important than everything. They need to be nurtured. That’s why it hurt me so much when I read in the press, after a defeat, that I would be sacked if I didn’t win the next game. It hurt me and the whole team because these deliberately leaked messages to the media negatively influenced the squad, they created doubts and misunderstandings. Luckily I had these amazing lads who were with me to the death. When things turned ugly they saved me with magnificent victories. Because they believed in me and knew I believed in them. Of course I’m not the best coach in the world, but I’m able to give everyone, whether it’s a player, a member of the coaching staff or any employee, the strength and confidence they need in their job. I know perfectly well what a team needs. Over these 20 years at Madrid I’ve learnt that you, the fans, want to win, of course, but above all you want us to give our all: the coach, the staff, the employees and of course the players. And I can assure you we’ve given 100% of ourselves to this club.

"Of course I’m not the best coach in the world, but I’m able to give everyone, whether it’s a player, a member of the coaching staff or any employee, the strength and confidence they need in their job"
Zidane

I’d like to take this opportunity to send a message to the journalists. I’ve given hundreds of press conferences and unfortunately we have spoken very little of football, though I know that you love football, this sport that brings us together. However, and without any desire to criticise or lecture, I would have liked the questions not to have always been about controversy, that we might have talked more often about the game and above all the players, who are and always will be the most important thing in this sport. Let’s not forget about football, let’s care for it.

Dear Madrid fans, I will always be one of you.

Hala Madrid!

Zinedine Zidane

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 31, 2021 3:35 pm

Raul, ugh. Raul to me is like Zidane to Sports as I am gonna blame EVERYONE except him and I don't wanna do that Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next