Perucho21
Thimmy
strugahimself
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Life after Zidane - Page 3 Empty Re: Life after Zidane

Post by Doc Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:35 am

Raul, ugh. Raul to me is like Zidane to Sports as I am gonna blame EVERYONE except him and I don't wanna do that Sad

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:44 am

it appears sports was right about his reason for leaving. its also good he publicized this. fact AS got the publication first hand from his people says something.....anyways that kind of business is common among top clubs n media, i think zidane will be well suited for a national team job. the more i think about it, that fits his profile to a T.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:53 am

It depends on the club practices and the sporting director.  As an example, PSG under Leonardo is very direct and doesn't hide.  Without Leonardo, PSG operated exactly like Madrid is doing.  Reason?  You have small bureaucrats running things who are political snakes.

It all comes down to the management style in place, not necessarily the club itself.

As examples, Pep and Klopp literally were complete dog shit in some seasons (Klopp this season) and they got 100% support from the club. Never was there any doubt from management.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:36 am

We won 3 CL and 11 titles with zizou and this season he pushed a midtable team to almost win the CL and la liga.. and now that I read the letter I’m absolutely fuming at the upper management.

So basically our young talent had to go due to Perez being a stingy bastard and crying about our “finances” while we bought these overpriced Brazilians, fat hazard and jovic.

Clearly, there’s no question Zidane wanted
-Mbappe
-Pogba
-Another goal scoring winger. Actually, Mahrez was being tracked (mane too I think) but our cheap ass board shot that down too.

I don’t want to hear that we couldn’t afford those two. We easily could afford zidanes targets but bought a bunch of kids and flops instead.

For the good of the club, as much as I dislike Perez he’s not the problem and Zidane said as much, although he could’ve done more. JAS, the board and pigs of the upper management need to go!!
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:52 am

Fat Hazard and Jovic were bought with Zidane's approval unless you think JAS has the ability to squeeze an approval out of him.

Also, please take into consideration that this is Zidane's side of things and there are more than one side to a story. Basing an entire take on only one side is pretty shaky thinking.

Of course, if one thinks Zidane is incapable of lying and what he wrote is the be all and end all, well, cheering for Madrid might be tough going forward.

All in all, Madrid would be fine.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:34 am

Doc wrote:Fat Hazard and Jovic were bought with Zidane's approval unless you think JAS has the ability to squeeze an approval out of him.

Also, please take into consideration that this is Zidane's side of things and there are more than one side to a story. Basing an entire take on only one side is pretty shaky thinking.

Of course, if one thinks Zidane is incapable of lying and what he wrote is the be all and end all, well, cheering for Madrid might be tough going forward.

All in all, Madrid would be fine.

Nothing was bought with his approval.  He's never asked.  That's one of his biggest problems with JAS.  Now, when he was sporting director when Mourinho was manager... his job was to scout and recommend players:  Varane, Hazard, Pogba, etc.  But that was in 2010-2012 and thereabouts.  After that, all he could do was show his admiration when asked about certain players (which he has for Mbappe and Pogba for example).

But he had no such power as manager.  Nobody other than Mou had.  That's never been how Madrid works under Flo.  Valdano made those recommendations, followed by Mou (only manager who had veto power on transfers) and then JAS.

Managers are asked to follow the company line in terms of transfers in Madrid.  Besides, when someone is bought, the manager has nothing to gain by not following the company line.  He would get fired on the spot if he didn't anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:15 am

i knew the narrative would change lol. now zidane never had an input in signings of jovic hazard and mendy? lol okay.....btw zidane imo has had a more significant say so in affairs than any manager not named mourinho.....the primary difference is for mou like pep, he always wants more and more signings, with those two coaches, the back up probably even has a back up.

zidane on the other hand seemed to just have his preferred 11, anyone outside is good if there's injury or suspension. he probably didnt have a list of 5 players he wanted, maybe 1 or 2, but i dont buy that some of those names; hazard n mendy especially, came in without zizou's say-so....i'm with doc on that one
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:26 am

as far as who our next coach would be , i dont have an opinion. madrid have had hiddink ancelotti capello hitzfield etc...and a lot of them have had problems, some failed woefully. with madrid and coaches, no matter how you try and slice it, micro-analyze it, you just cant tell. the best two managers in the clubs history (zidane 1 and vdb 2), did didly squat in castilla. doesnt necessarilly mean castilla's the place to go because some other castilla managers we hired, were absolute garbage on the main stage as well. so u just cant tell

a manager is important no doubt, but squad enhancement is needed, regardless of what we want to tell ourselves. the issue with that though is money. we are better off saying all these managers we are linked with will be crap until whoever is appointed proves us wrong. i've seen this club humble some top name coaches.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:07 pm

I would be very pleased to hear that Carlo Ancelotti is being considered if reports from Cadena Ser are to be believed. If he is willing to return, our future outlook will be a positive one imo. Carlo Ancelotti's tactical prowess is without question. I would have zero problems with him. Finally some positive news for a change. Carlo Ancelotti imo should be the immediate first choice if Raul is not ready for it.

I hope the upper brass learn from what Zidane had to say and properly give faith to the next manager, whomever it may be. Because Zidane ain't wrong. We need to protect and give faith to our managers, especially ones that are proven and are worth the faith like Zidane and Don Carlo. I felt that Florentino didn't protect Zidane from the press or from the politics enough. I've seen relegation clubs defend their coach more than we did. How can we not defend the man who gave us the golden years?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Aulas and Flo Perez have a long-standing relationship.  Do you really think that had anything to do with Zidane?  I mean really.

Jovic and Mendy were heavily linked to Madrid when Zidane wasn't even the manager. I get the Mendy thought because he's French at least.... but Jovic? We were linked with him heavily waaay before Zidane returned.

And Hazard?  He DID sign after Zidane resigned.  People say Zidane wanted Hazard to Madrid; which he did... in 2011!

I don't understand these narratives.  How could Zidane approve moves that he wasn't there to approve and had no authority to?

FYI, Mourinho is the only manager under Flo that had it in his contract where he had to approve every purchase. Only one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:02 pm

wait, hazard won the europa league with chelsea before he signed with us. zidane if i'm not mistaken came back for the last i wonna say ten games of lope/solari regime. let's even say zidane didnt have a say and flo just dumped them on him......then that's on zidane. if u've won 3 in a row, then the president had to crawl tail between legs and beg u to return and u still can't muster a say so, then i dont know what to say.....

i know people whose wives treat them like kings for not confusing garbage vs recycling, let alone winning one ucl. if he really had no say so on anything, after 3 in a row, then its not on flo, it may be his communication or conviction skills or lack thereof....cos that makes no sense to me

although i bet if hazard n jovic panned out the narrative on who did or didnt want those signings would be different

Last edited by titosantill on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:28 pm

titosantill wrote:
i know people whose wives treat them like kings for not confusing garbage vs recycling, let alone winning won ucl.
rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:40 pm

titosantill wrote:wait, hazard won the europa league with chelsea before he signed with us. zidane if i'm not mistaken came back for the last i wonna say ten games of lope/solari regime. let's even say zidane didnt have a say and flo just dumped them on him......then that's on zidane. if u've won 3 in a row, then the president had to crawl tail between legs and beg u to return and u still can't muster a say so, then i dont know what to say.....

i know people whose wives treat them like kings for not confusing garbage vs recycling, let alone winning one ucl. if he really had no say so on anything, after 3 in a row, then its not on flo, it may be his communication or conviction skills or lack thereof....cos that makes no sense to me

although i bet if hazard n jovic panned out the narrative on who did or didnt want those signings would be different

Hazard was signed before Zidane returned as I remember.  That winter he refused to extend and he had 1 year left on his contract in the summer. It was the worse kept secret in football.  Zidane arrived on March 11th.  

Jovic announced he was going to Madrid in April and ZZ had taken over on March 11.  Deals don't get done in 3 weeks lol... it was done before he arrived or very nearly done.

Mendy...  maybe.  That's the only one.  And according to Aulas, that had been discussed since the winter break with Madrid so it's very questionable.  Again, Zidane took over on March 11.  He quit after the CL final the previous May.  Mendy had his break out season (or really, 4 months where he was just quasi-perfect for Lyon) after Zidane was no longer the Madrid manager.  He couldn't cross (and wouldn't in fact for a while lol) the season at the end of which ZZ left.

Managers in Madrid have as much say in transfers as managers do at PSG, Barca, Bayern and Juve.  Namely, not a single thing.  Only elite clubs where managers were also personnel decision-makers are in the EPL.  And that's changing.  Chelsea doesn't seem to cater to any manager.  Questionable with Man U.  Liverpool, City and Arsenal seem like the only ones.  It's smart too... managers aren't around at most of the elite clubs for very long.  Transfers are done with longer timeframes in mind.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by strugahimself Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Carlo Ancelotti all but confirmed out of the blue.

Thoughts?

strugahimself
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:02 am

As written in GS, I really have no issues with this hiring. It probably won't work out as 2nd time is rarely the charm but this is fine.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 am

We are apparently getting Carlo back. Nice, better than other alternatives imo and the players love him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:29 am

Pintus back too

Lmao Perez working in overdrive here Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2