sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by The Madrid One Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:30 pm

Ah yes, the proverbial Real Madrid.

The Santiago Bernabeu. Champions League night. Epic victory. "Esto es el Real Madrid."

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Asensio is an awful player. Does feck all. Poor Dani got evicerated by Mbappe like in the 1st leg

The subs absolutely changed the dynamics of the game. We went from being wide open in the middle of the pitch to covering every shade of grass and winning all 2nd balls

Cama is one heck of a player. Him, Valverde and Modric were unplayable when they played together

Bet Ronaldo misses these nkghts
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 pm

Anyone miss Mendy? Not me. Nacho>>>
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:47 am

Forgot to mention: Benzema 10/10, would save replay for records.

Once again he plays by example I thank his continued service to our club. I hope to enjoy watching for as long as he is able to keep going. Truly he is monsieur champions league.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:47 am

ffs just realized our left side is going to be Mendy, Mbappe and free flowing Benzema. Not to mention alaba on LCB and whoever the LCM will be (camavinga?)

It'll be glorious
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:45 am

I think it would be best to examine past posts before getting carried away about yesterday’s performance. There are way too many of you here that were overly critical and doom predictors and equally so in the GL general section of posts stating how the so called dream team would dominate everything!

I’m not pointing fingers but there is a lot of boasting by previous naysayers!

One repeated comment is about Asensio! Reality is our team is lacking forwards. We expect that major issue to be rectified this summer. In the meantime, the only viable starting options for LW are Asensio and Rodrygo. the latter is still developing and is best suited as substitute or some rotation, which is exactly what Ancelotti is doing. All the other forwards Hazard, Bale, Mariano, Jovic and Isco can’t be trusted. They are either lacking in confidence, injured or not in game shape. So recognize that although Asensio is certainly not the RW we need, he is the only option! Unless you want to make Lucas starter again, lol!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:09 pm

Interesting to note that, imo, PSG would never have even sniffed a change on goal without Mbappe... now imagine that attack without him next season (yes, he's leaving).

Vini better learn how to play on the right next year because that's where he's going to spend 60-70% of his time next season. I think he can. His issue wasn't position as much as confidence. He can't play CF of course. But I don't see why he can't play on the right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Interesting to note that, imo, PSG would never have even sniffed a change on goal without Mbappe... now imagine that attack without him next season (yes, he's leaving).

Vini better learn how to play on the right next year because that's where he's going to spend 60-70% of his time next season. I think he can. His issue wasn't position as much as confidence. He can't play CF of course. But I don't see why he can't play on the right.

After having spent the last month or so, watching both Vini and Mbappe play, I’m convinced you are right Sports! Can’ t believe I am actually posting an agreement with Sports! Lol.

I said it after the first leg, you take Mbappe off of that team and they are nothing. And yet if you added Mbappe to existing Real squad and suddenly they become CL favourites.

And meanwhile Vini is gaining more confidence every week. If he can adapt to the right, the pair plus Benz or Haaland will be phenomenal. I’m hoping RMad can secure liga in next month and then let’s have Carlo play on RW and have Hazard on left, just to give Vini some experimental time on pitch.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:41 pm

I'd rather Boris Johnson than Asensio tbh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:46 pm

The good news is, his contract ends next year.

Knowing Florentino, if he hasn't renewed him until now, he's not planning to.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:53 pm

We're losing alot of spanish players in the upcoming summer(s). If Asensio is ok with cameo appearances from the bench then it'd be wise to keep him. He doest cost much in terms of wages and he can still contribute by coming off the bench
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Asensio isn’t going anywhere, except to a bench roll. There are requirements for # of spanish players on squad and as it stands now, you can expect Isco, Ceballos, Vallejo to go leaving only Carvajal, Lucas, Nacho and Asensio remaining and 2 of them are near retirement age! None of the possible additions being mentioned are Spanish and I thought we all agreed it isn’t a good idea to have young castilla players filling squad numbers and sitting on bench!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:35 pm

i wouldnt be mad at Asensio if he provided defensive workrate, but he literally offers nothing. Left Dani stranded with Mbappe, couldnt connect with others in the offense.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:53 am

We got dominated by an average one man PSG side for 150 minutes. for 30 minutes we played well with high intensity and moved the ball fast and got the result. and guess what, there was no KCM and no Asensio. as i and many others said many times. it is not hard to see what we were missing.

I hope this victory and what happened during 2 PSG games is a wake up call for Carlo.

He was forced to play Cama and Valverde. not by choice. and it was the best thing that could have happened to him as a coach. lucky man.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:55 am

Now lets take and learn from this victory, improve and go win the CL cheers :coffee:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:55 pm

Mamad wrote:We got dominated by an average one man PSG side for 150 minutes. for 30 minutes we played well with high intensity and moved the ball fast and got the result. and guess what, there was no KCM and no Asensio. as i and many others said many times. it is not hard to see what we were missing.

I hope this victory and what happened during 2 PSG games is a wake up call for Carlo.

He was forced to play Cama and Valverde. not by choice. and it was the best thing that could have happened to him as a coach. lucky man.
That's incorrect

Yes we got dominated for the full 90 mins away. But we started the home game really well. Had a great 20 mins period. PSG grew into game and contained us fairly well. The second half was total dominance from us and it reflects on the stats board too. PSG had 2 shots against our 15 in the second half. Yes our dominance became more evident when Cama and Rodrygo came on because our pressuring became more relentless. But you're way off in your assessment of how the tie went imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:55 pm

As for Carlo's forcing, you got to be a pretty naïve person to not know that Carlo was not gonna start Kroos and Asensio because, well, he totally was.

What Carlo did right is actually subbing both as neither had any meaningful contribution as oppose to leaving them there hoping they find some sort of form which a lot of managers tend to do.

Food for thought though: Modric only got his starts after we had a real midfield injury crisis under Mourinho and was forced to start him. Maybe this is Cava and/or Rodrygo's fate as well (probably not, Carlo is very Italian).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Doc wrote:As for Carlo's forcing, you got to be a pretty naïve person to not know that Carlo was not gonna start Kroos and Asensio because, well, he totally was.

What Carlo did right is actually subbing both as neither had any meaningful contribution as oppose to leaving them there hoping they find some sort of form which a lot of managers tend to do.

Food for thought though: Modric only got his starts after we had a real midfield injury crisis under Mourinho and was forced to start him. Maybe this is Cava and/or Rodrygo's fate as well (probably not, Carlo is very Italian).

I have a different view of midfield than most of you. I do have a lot of trust of Carlo and his track record suggest that his strategies work. Both Kroos and Modric have had great, and good performances despite their age. even in this game, Kroos was good in first 15 minutes or so. The issue is they can’t keep it up, more so with Kroos this week.  Bottom line, Carlo sticking with his set starters is pure Carlo and generally works. BUT, he should be subbing and/ or rotating both of them with Valverde and Cava. Actually I think the biggest problem this year is Casemiro. I liked Cava in that role this week!

If I were Carlo (which I’m not), i would make some serious rotations between the 5 of them!

And re Asensio, i said previously, there isn’t a viable other option available other than the rotation with Rodrygo which has been happening. Besides, this will all change next season.

And Doc, thank you for reminding us of Mourinho’s distaste for Modric. Some have been claiming here that Mourinho made him the star he is!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:49 am

Sevilla with a draw away to Rayo

We could increase our lead to 10 points with a win tomorrow
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:50 am

This gives us the chance to draw 5 of our last 10 games. Safe to say barring an unprecedented disaster Carlo has finally won the much alluded LaLiga trophy
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:33 am

futbol_bill wrote:
Doc wrote:As for Carlo's forcing, you got to be a pretty naïve person to not know that Carlo was not gonna start Kroos and Asensio because, well, he totally was.

I have a different view of midfield than most of you. I do have a lot of trust of Carlo and his track record suggest that his strategies work. Both Kroos and Modric have had great, and good performances despite their age. even in this game, Kroos was good in first 15 minutes or so. The issue is they can’t keep it up, more so with Kroos this week.  Bottom line, Carlo sticking with his set starters is pure Carlo and generally works. BUT, he should be subbing and/ or rotating both of them with Valverde and Cava. Actually I think the biggest problem this year is Casemiro. I liked Cava in that role this week!

If I were Carlo (which I’m not), i would make some serious rotations between the 5 of them!

And re Asensio, i said previously, there isn’t a viable other option available other than the rotation with Rodrygo which has been happening. Besides, this will all change next season.

And Doc, thank you for reminding us of Mourinho’s distaste for Modric. Some have been claiming here that Mourinho made him the star he is!

These takes are hilarious. Mourinho never saw him as a key component of his midfield and was planning on using him as a utility player that could be rotated with Ozil in the 10 and Both Khedira and Alonso in the double pivot.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:45 pm

Modric and Dani rested
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:11 pm

10 points ahead and it's safe to say we are cruising to the championship. Well deserved

Now we wait for the medical reports on Benz Mendy and Rodrygo. Mallorca went to play today like it's the royal rumble. How maffeo did not get sent off is beyond me
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:41 pm

Absolute butchery by Mallorca. And the reff Laughing the less said about him the better. He is ny far the worst reff in the league. Clown
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:06 pm

I'll keep saying this.... but the fact that Benzema is getting better at his age is ridiculous. It's nonsensical really. Same with Modric keeping his form; he's not actually getting better though unlike Benzema.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 pm

Agreed. It's amazing to see. I reckon Benz does a ZZ once he's won his balon d'or
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next