Turok_TTZ
Perucho21
Thimmy
sportsczy
halamadrid2
17 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread Empty The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:08 pm

What a game. Absolutely beautiful.

Bellingham :bow: :bow: :bow:
Carvajal  :bow:
Alaba :bow:
Fran :bow:
Tcho :bow:

Valverde meh
Rodrygo double meh
Vini atrocious

Minus the strikers this was a great team performance. I'd give this CF experiment at most 5 games and then I'm pulling the plugs on it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:34 am

Cava was good too I thought.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 23 - 24 Matchday Thread

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:37 am

I don't think Fran Garcia was very good in this match, but he has an impressive lung capacity and didn't seem to get tired despite running around the pitch for so long. He's very contrasting to Carvajal. Lacks experience and calmness on the ball, but has vigor of youth on his side. I probably shouldn't compare him to Carvajal, who was much, much better at the same age. I hope he just needs some time to adapt.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:45 am

I think or hope it was just nerves. Not easy to start off your RM career at the San Mames
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:30 am

I was impressed, excited even with this team last night. Sure there are things to work out, but the talent is there. For first game of season that they severely dominated a good team, it was great. It’s beginning to look like Mbappe will not be coming, so we are playing without him and that likely means Vinicius will play more to the wing! I feel that affected Fran, who I still is better than Mendy. And looking at future Fran will be backup to  Davies next season. The team leader btw was Bellingham! He is a crack!

Bad news is it looks like a ligament torn for Militao!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:34 pm

Poor first half, good second half. I'll take it. We are still adapting to the new formation. We missed Camavinga badly today
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:57 am

I’m still impressed with this youthful, plenty of talent squad. They are exciting to watch, something we haven’t seen consistently in past few years. Every squad member except Odriozola and the injured has already seen playing time. We may not win everything this year, but clearly this squad will develop into a great squad, particularly with a couple more additions.

Did you see the fantastic run Brahim Diaz made late in game? He blew it at end, aka a earlier version of Vinicius, but the run showed his potential as a right wing. If Rodrygo doesn’t step up his game I can see Diaz, taking his starting spot.

This team is still adapting to the new tactics, but they still are getting a lot of chances and for most part defense has been good.

If you told me a month ago, we would be playing without Courtois, Militao, Ceballos, Güler for extended time, I would have expected a terrible start! Next up is Celta in Vigo and then Getafe at home.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:16 am

Brahim did well on that run but messed up completely in the end. Either he needed to release the ball earlier or take a shot himself. Instead he overran, didn't take the shot and passed the ball very late.

I think Rodrygo is further ahead in the hierarchy, which is why for example Mariano was starting ahead of other more deserving players last few seasons.

Rodrygo does well sometimes, the problem with him is that he goes missing for long periods and wants to score at all costs when he has the ball. The reason why the Benz-Vini tandem worked was because everyone knew their role. With Rodrygo trying to outscore Vini by shooting left, right and centre it makes this partnership very disjointed.

Bellingham has adapted really well but will surely go through a bad patch soon which is natural iust hope everyone knows that so that he doesn't become the worst purchase all of a sudden.

Still think this defence needs alot of work. Both Dani and Fran are working really well in this system but we need to defend better in transition. Kroos was very lazy running back for their goal and at this point I don't think it'll change. I just hope our midfield don't suffer any injuries so that we can avoid seeing some of the older legs in tougher grounds.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:12 pm

By the end of the season Tchouameni will be recognized as the best DM in the world
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:23 pm

I hope so. Still don't think he'll come close to Casemiro in his peak but that's alright. As long we as we compensate for that by having everyone defend together we shoult get something good going.

Think Rodri is the best DM in the world right now. Hopefully in a few season Tcho can take over that mantle.

Cama is the one with the biggest untapped potential in this midifled. Hopefully he can learn as much as possible from Modric/Kroos this season before they leave us for good next summer.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:43 pm

Poor game but we got the win which is the most important thing.

Bellingoat balling as usual. Terrible luck with Vini who was turning them inside out.

Rodrygo with a fairly good game but a poor penalty.

Joselu did alright, terrible service, good directed header

Our midfield were great but there isn't any creativity in it. We need Camavinga to become that guy.

Kepa...meh. Playing in EPL has taught him nothing. Bring back Lunin ffs

One more game and then the international break. At this point all big players will avoid it to avoid injuries
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:18 pm

Carlo not happy. I also thought that Modric should've taken it.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:39 pm

We played like shit. I blame the team.

Kepa looks very weak when the ball is in the air. I hope that is because he was nervous today. Otherwise I see no reason to play him over lunin. The defense actually did their job for a change. Didn't have a lot to do but he looked shaky imo.

Rodrygo needs to focus. It seems as though the pressure of scoring goals is getting to him. I feel as though he has become a bit more selfish than he needs to be and it's affecting his decision making.

I am pleased with bellingham. At the very minimum. No one can deny bellingham won't bleed for us as he has certainly showed us his valor these past few games.

Camavinga played lb for too long he needs to shake it off. He has the capability to be quite the creative player. But s fine its still early in the season.

Carlo is playing lipservice to the media. His facial expressions tell a different story to what he says. One of these days bellingham will not score in a game. Our attack must do better next game. Though as I say that celta vigo historically has been a tricky opponent for big teams. I'd be content with the result today.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:19 pm

Fran Garcia is bang average if not crossing. He would be most of the time under pressure as he is clearly a trigger target due to very low IQ press resistance play.

We are forcing this 4312 with not suited full backs and strikers. Ancelotti has a midfield to play 4-3-3 but not enough attackers and full backs for any formation .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:36 pm

Man Bellingham's fighting spirit Shocked he and Vini are going to ateer us to a CL mark my words.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:07 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:27 am

Zidane had to take the club in disarray twice though... and a lot of the losses came early in his two stints until he got the team settled. Carlo came in during the summer with full preseasons both times. Makes up the difference.

I think they've both performed the same as managers at Real Madrid.

A shame Zidane is being too picky with his next job. He may never manage again it seems unless the France post opens up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:36 am

Yeah I agree. Zidane came in twice when the team was in the gutter and performed miracles. Both are perfect for this team. Zidane is going to love this midfield, his favourite formation too. I hope he comes back when Carlo leaves for the Brazilian NT.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:01 am

Nope, Zidane burned bridges when he left last time. It’s Xabi Alonso coming in!

For my money Carlo is best manager out there. Better than Zidane, Pep, Kroop, etc. and this season he is showing adaptability and flexibility, something we never thought he had in him!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:56 am

futbol_bill wrote:Nope, Zidane burned bridges when he left last time. It’s Xabi Alonso coming in!

For my money Carlo is best manager out there. Better than Zidane, Pep, Kroop, etc. and this season he is showing adaptability and flexibility, something we never thought he had in him!
Zidane will never burn his bridge with Perez who adores him. Zidane has always had a problem with the media, he doesn't quite have the finess at navigating the pressers like Carlo does. Hence why he is always exhausted by the third year. But this team is begging for a manager like Zidane, no more Isco, Marcelo, KCM, Bale, Hazard etc. The club has cleared the roster of all the "deadwood" "over the hill" players. So he doesn't have to do that, instead he has a complete team of great players with huge potentials and also some older heads to help with experience. If we can get rid of Mendy before he comes that would be great!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:06 am

Vamos a ver. Tu dices Zidane, yo digo Xabi!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:06 pm

Zidane has a feud with José Ángel Sánchez, not Flo. However, Sanchez is basically Flo's CEO/COO, meaning he runs daily operations.

I don't think Zidane will contemplate coming to Madrid while Sanchez is here unless they resolve their issues.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Enjoyed our fighting spirit so far

I just hope we are not going to fully rely on Bellingham to bail us out. We are going to need Vini and Rodrygo to start firing very soon.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:58 pm

First real test of young season and defence is clearly the weakness!

Offense is good as is midfield, most of credit has to go to Bellingham. Rodrygo is meh!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:24 pm

Who said Fran couldn’t cross?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next