sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:02 pm

Hala, For sure Hazard is not as good as Rodrygo, but we need him. The only other alternative with Benz out is Asensio!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:10 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Hala, For sure Hazard is not as good as Rodrygo, but we need him. The only other alternative with Benz out is Asensio!
Rodrygo did better when he play as a false 9 than Hazard. That second goal is what we wanted Hazard to do but something he hasn't provided at all
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:08 pm

Still my point holds. If we move Rodrygo (when Benz isn’t available) to CF or false 9, then that means moving Valverde up to RW or Hazard or Asensio. At this point in time, that’s the only options!

With the schedule we have, you can’t play Benz, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Valverde 100% of time!! Simply put we need Hazard and likely Asensio.

Plus with freedom that Rodrygo is being allowed this year, he can make those plays as either RW or false 9 (CF).

Note, they have added 17 year old Iker Bravo to CL list of players and I wouldn’t be surprised if after Christmas Arribas is added as well.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:22 pm

I must admit that at times I have had doubts about Valverde being a starter (at midfield) particularly with recent play of both Camavinga and Tchouameni. But after today, I have no doubts at all.

Actually I quite impressed with the entire midfield. In addition to the three already mentioned,  Ceballos had a very solid effort today and Reiner (thinking about next season) had an impressive performance with Girona including his first goal.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:24 pm

He should've thought of that when he decided to see out his contract. Hope he falls further behind in the pecking order
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:17 pm

nothing wrong with him seeing out his deal. its a contract, and if nobody wants him or is offering a deal he would like he has no choice but to see out his deal. him getting upset, is a much better attitude than what bale was doing or faubert sleeping on the bench. its a long season, he should just be ready when he gets his chance
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Tito, Hala is just upset that Asensio and Mariano by remaining with club, prevented team from signing a forward replacement.

You’re right though that Asensio is perfectly entitled to play out his contract to allow for more options next year for him. I’m sure when he hired Mendes, he didn’t expect there would be no offers for him. So it’s really on him, that he is not in club’s plans. No need for his being upset, He will eventually get minutes as the forward options are very thin.

He should take inspiration from Beckham. After he signed with LA, Capello had no use for him and benched him. Yet, when needed, he made most of his opportunity, and played his best futbol at Madrid for the rest of that season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:12 pm

I might add that Hala may get his wish of Asensio falling further down the pecking order!

Seems Carlo is very interested in Vinicius Tobias. He has impressed both in practices, friendly matches with 1st team and has already become key at Castilla. Carlo has listed him in CL list of players and now with the delivery of Vinicius Spanish passport, there is the possibility he could be promoted to 1st team in January.

If that happens, Lucas becomes an option at RW. I would still prefer Asensio over Lucas, but depending on how Asensio plays when given opportunity plus his attitude will make or break his spot in pecking order.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:19 am

Problem with Asensio is that he is WC only in his head. He hasn't only shown petulance on the bench, he visibly put his arm up in frustration when Rodrygo chose to shoot instead of passing to him in the game against Celtic. He is as selfish as Ronaldo was and I am not kidding. He does minimal defensive work in fact he left Dani completely on his own to get slaughtered against Mendes and Mbapay last season TWICE (home and away) which was the last time he started in a big game and rightly so.

I don't have a problem with a player showing his frustration at not playing per say but Asensio suffers from delusion of grandeur. We have about 4 wingers who are better than him on the RW. Our attack plays more as a team when he isn't playing. He is the most selfish player I have seen at RM since Ronaldo left together with Mariano. Asensio saw the writing on the wall at the end of last season and in the summer when the club adviced him to leave for more opportunities. He on the other hand wants to play for clubs that are far higher than his talent ergo 0 bids. He has now made his bed and should lie in it. Quit the show of frustration, you KNEW you wouldn't play  you are now even further down the pecking order with the form Valverde and Rodrygo have shown. Good luck going to the WC playing 12 minutes all season lmao.

Hazard is another one who's overstayed his welcome. Unlike Asensio he isn't selfish but my wolrd is he as useless. I hope we are done with the Hazard as a false 9 experiment. It's terrible and now that Rodrygo has added alot of muscle mass and bulked up there is no reason why he shouldn't be Benzema's understudy. He drifts towards the center everytime he plays anyways.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 am

I get your frustration Hala, as stated earlier, we can’t go thru this whole season, particularly with the abundance of games in next two months with just Benz, Vini, Rodrygo and Valverde which is what you are suggesting. We need these two!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:20 am

futbol_bill wrote:I get your frustration Hala, as stated earlier, we can’t go thru this whole season, particularly with the abundance of games in next two months with just Benz, Vini, Rodrygo and Valverde which is what you are suggesting. We need these two!
I am not joking when I say this but I'd rather try different formations than having to play Hazard, Mariano or Asensio or someone from Castilla. But we are kidding ourselves if we think that Asensio won't get much playing time because he will. I just hope it's not against any of the big teams because he doesn't add anything we haven't already seen.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:12 am

The only ‘big’ team we play before Christmas is Barcelona.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am

I see in the other thread, you are saying Rodrygo can be a replacement for Benz!

I won’t debate that in the other thread as it is just a debate about Barca’s youth vs ours and I would bet the bank on ours (in all positions).

I think what Laporte and Xavi have done is remarkable and they do have a very competitive squad, which is good for la liga and RMad. But, I still think our squad is better and Barca will not have funds in future years to make substantial changes, so they have to count on their youth.

As to Rodrygo, you are exaggerating about his bulk. Yes he has added some, but he is still small in comparison. We need him to develop as our RW and that is why, Hazard will get the nod when Benz isn’t available. As I said yesterday, the plays Rodrygo made yesterday, can be made from his wing play, particularly with his freedom to roam.

The Club is counting on Benz replacement to be Iker Bravo, Endick or Haaland.

Ask in the other thread, who Barca are counting on for a Lewa replacement?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:50 am

Hala, speaking about youth, I see Reiner has been playing (well) at Girona as a delantera! He has always been advertised as a midfielder. Do you know anything about him and his profile?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:The only ‘big’ team we play before Christmas is Barcelona.
We've got Atleti away, Barca at home, and Rayo away as the really tough games then there are banan peels like Leipzig away, Osasuna at home and Sevilla at home.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:10 pm

You said big teams, only Barca fits that criteria.if you meant tough games, then maybe you can add some of what you said, but certainly not all. Note this doesn’t mean i expect us to win all games as this is futbol and even a low level team surprise occasionally
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:You said big teams, only Barca fits that criteria.if you meant tough games, then maybe you can add some of what you said, but certainly not all. Note this doesn’t mean i expect us to win all games as this is futbol and even a low level team surprise occasionally
I admit that could be seen as our rivals although I'd add Atleti there too. But nowadays Rayo have been tougher to beat than Barcelona for example. Until recently we had never scored not won but scored against Betis at home since 2017. And then you have Villarreal who too we find it difficult to score against. These might not be seen as big teams but I consider them our toughest games. Should probably have said that instead

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=42896
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40