Perucho21
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mbappe speculation thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Mbappe speculation thread

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Yeah I have no issues in Vini and Rodrygo but I would love for us to be interested in Bernando Silva. Just a little interested.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Would love getting Tchouameni and a RW if Mbappe stays.

B.Silva or Salah/Mahrez.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat May 21, 2022 7:04 pm

Tough to miss out on the best young player itw but it might turn out to be a blessing in disguise, Mbappe's entourage seems worse than Neymar and Raiola if reports are to be believed.
I guess only time will tell but giving a single player so much power is never warranted, not even for Messi.
Doc wrote:Yeah I have no issues in Vini and Rodrygo but I would love for us to be interested in Bernando Silva. Just a little interested.
He seems to be thriving in midfield these days, would actually be the perfect Modric replacement. He was unsettled last summer and would've been an excellent signing in hindsight but seems unlikely to leave now.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sat May 21, 2022 11:02 pm

As I said in the mbappe thread, we need a back up CF and DM, if Case or Benz get injured we are boned.

I view Camavinga as a B2B more so then a DM, as he is very good driving the ball forward.

After Kroos and Modric a MF of Cama Case and another Modric like player would be very good in my humble opinion.
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 22, 2022 12:37 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:Agree with TMO. Vini and Rodrygo are great sidekicks but I don't think they have the quality to be the main guys. Vini had a shot in the clasico to lead on his own and he was completely wrecked. Our offense with and without Benz is as different as night and day.

Surely Perez won't go for Mbappe again in 2 years? There's a 3 year option for Mbappe which he can refuse. Make his money now then move at that time. But this really made Madrid look bad, Perez in particular. Perhaps the door will close forever

For now, another midfielder like Silva or Tchouameni can make our squad stronger

I get that he's generational and all, but let me ask you this: as a Madrid fan, would you still want him to come after rejecting Madrid twice, giving them his word and then not keeping it, playing them in the process for his own gain and making them take a huge, humliating L?

I don't know about you, but I really want Madrid to blacklist him, never to go after him again, not even for free.

Well at the end of the day, If Perez is still president he does what he wants. But as I said, I dont think it will happen. I mean Perez's image has definitely taken a massive hit here. I dont think he will let that slide.

Ill add also that even if its a short contract, PSG are going to start the whole circus again when his contract is going to end. Probably offer him more money. And when he tries to leave again they will pull the "oh but you said you wont leave for free" what a pathetic club honestly. Super LEague needs to happen because UEFA are in bed with PSG and the Qatari money.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 22, 2022 1:05 am

I don't think Mbappe wants to come to Madrid anymore anyhow...  that bridge is blown up from both sides.  Maybe you build a new bridge over the next 2-3 years; but I doubt it.

And let's not talk about Mbappe breaking his word.

Mbappe was free to officially sign whatever contract he wanted on January 1 since it was his last contractual year.  No need for promises or giving anyone your word...  So the fact that a contract wasn't signed tells you that nothing was done.  That whole train of thought is nonsense.

Madrid gambled (a good one imo; i don't blame Flo one bit and i don't like him; there are certain players you gamble on and Mbappe is one of them)... but lost the gamble.  Happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 22, 2022 4:10 am

we should go for mahrez now. I would like Salah but I think he stays at pool. Mahrez is the top goalscorer at city, and from a tactical standpoint would fit in far better here then he does at city

tchouemi, Rudiger, and maybe a new fullback and we'll be set
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2022 6:58 am

Mahrez has 18 goals all season. Hardly anyone we shouldn't miss out on. No thanks

Also why are we lumping Vini and Rodrygo in together. Vini is much much further along in his development. He has 21 goals and 20 assists this season only a few handful players in Europe have that many and he brings so much more to the table than just goals

With Alaba behind him he'll be even better next season. Can't wait
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 22, 2022 7:07 am

How many goals does rodrygo have this season? No thanks? So you want to put a guy who’s still raw and has zero end product so we have the same issues next season? Benzema saving our asses is blinding you

Exactly. Mahrez produces magic on the field, goals aren’t even his biggest contribution.
He also regularly assists and has more angles to his game, but is constantly shackled by peps rigid tactics.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 22, 2022 7:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Someone had to jinx it, I am here for it Proud
Hapless_Hans wrote:99% sure?

Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2022 8:01 am

Rodrygo is 20 yo and may just explode like Vini did while Mahrez is 31 yo who isnt even a regular for City. No offense but he wouldve been ideal if he was in his early 20th but this is pretty much the best he'll give you and the only way is down now.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun May 22, 2022 8:16 am

the point, Hala, is to get an experienced player to bridge the gap until Vini and Rodrygo matures more.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2022 8:28 am

Vini is already there. How many players have better numbers than him in Europe? Not many

I personally am not too high on Rodrygo. But I wouldn't want us to throw stupid money around just because we've been left at the altar. I am still fuming about the Hazard transfer and hope we never go for over 29 ever again
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 22, 2022 8:36 am

Totally agree with Hala. Please no Salah and no Mahrez.

No need to spend money needlessly on old players just because we missed out on the two best young players in world football.

The market isn't exactly brimming with talented head breakers and panic-buys are never the answer.

Let Salah and Mahrez stay where they are (or go somewhere else not named Madrid). In the meantime, we'll just make due with what we've got until a new face emerges.

I disagree with Hala about one thing though, I don't really trust Vini and Rodrygo to lead the forward line. They have improved a lot, especially Vini, but I don't feel they have become good enough to be relied upon for the future.

Maybe if they stay consistent next season as well, then they will have built a pretty good argument for themselves to be trusted.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 22, 2022 8:56 am

I agree that we need to see consistency before we proclaim Vini a mainstay on the big boys table. But with his shooting improved i hope the only way is up

I'd replace Rodrygo tomorrow if we could find a 15+15 player who isn't in his early 30s.

Lots of people talking about Gnabry and Nkunku but i haven't watched them play outside of a few games so can't form an opinion on them yet

First order of business this summer is getting an alternative to Casemiro. I'll be damned if we go into next season having to play makeshift CDMs because we've been prnny pinchig

The defence will be set with Dani-Militao-Rudiger-Alaba. And the midfield can be set with 1 addition. Either we add someone in the mould of Modric (Silva) and have Cama and Valverde behind or we go the Casemiro route (Tchouameni) to complement Cama and Valverde. Either way we'll need at least 1 new midfielder next season

In attack we need 1 stone cold goalscorer to go along with Benz and Vini and with the best 2 snapped up i hope we don't panick and bide our time looking for someone who isn't a one season wonder. If we can add a great RW I'll be happy. Getting RDT to back up Benz will be huuuge but doubt he wants to sit on our bench and he'll cost at least 40 ME which is too much imo but he's infinitely better than Jovic, Mariano and Mayoral
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 22, 2022 5:30 pm

Stop with this “young player this, young player that”, 30-31 is NOT old in football nowadays, we already have youngsters in almost every position. This isn’t football manager where you buy young players to see their potential stats go up. Raphinha over salah and Mahrez? No offense, but raphinha isn’t in the same stratosphere as those two players.

Also, Mahrez is a city regular, what are you on about?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun May 22, 2022 5:45 pm

Raphinha and Antony over Salah and Mahrez is very laughable. The latter 2 are absolutely clear.

I would definitely welcome Salah if we can sign him.

If we sign a young RW, Rodrygo Is done
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun May 22, 2022 6:02 pm

Lmao who mentioned raphina and Antony Laughing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 22, 2022 6:11 pm

Clutch wrote:Lmao who mentioned raphina and Antony Laughing

Check out the other thread lol
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 22, 2022 6:20 pm

Um, Mahrez is even under Madrid's radar?! This feels more like Giggity's fantasy signing more than anything lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 22, 2022 6:32 pm

Well we need a third forward. Doesn’t matter if it’s Mahrez or salah. But he has to be Madrid quality. Someone mentioned gnarby but not sure if Bayern would let him go.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:26 am

So with Mbappe seemingly signed. Next season front line will be full.

Endrick and Mbappe being added to Vini jr and Rodrygo

Guler and Brahim are both looking for game time.

And Joselu might get a contract.

Interesting to see what Ancelotti does with this squad, considering both Kroos and Modric might be gone.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:46 pm

Cyborg wrote:So with Mbappe seemingly signed. Next season front line will be full.

Endrick and Mbappe being added to Vini jr and Rodrygo

Guler and Brahim are both looking for game time.

And Joselu might get a contract.

Interesting to see what Ancelotti does with this squad, considering both Kroos and Modric might be gone.

Cyborg, I believe you are right as to we all await to see what Carlo might do with such an abundance of talent.

That talent is all over the field however.

First off let me comment on who might be there or not next year. Mbappe sounds like he is coming, but with him I’ll believe it when it does happen.

Endick, IMO, will not see a lot of playing time next season, especially if Mbappe does come. I think just like Vinicius and Rodrygo he will be given time to adjust to Europe and develop.

With the way Brahim has been playing, and Rodrygo’s lack of goals, likely will mean he will get playing time.

Joselu will continue to be a reliable option off the bench.

And Guler, may well be loaned out as no matter whether he is a forward or a midfielder, he will not have a lot of opportunities or maybe like Endick, they decide to keep him on squad and develop him slowly.

And with Vinicius, the obvious conflict for playing position if Mbappe does come, may mean he may be sold, however I don’t think it will be next year.

However, I believe the bigger question will be what formation will Carlos play, i.e. two forwards or three, as that will have a large impact on playing time for the excess forwards.

Going with three forwards will also challenge Carlo as that would mean some of the talented midfielders will see more of the bench that they would like. I don’t think Modric will be back, but I expect Kroos particularly with how well he’s been playing, will be back.

With defense, it does look like Nacho will be renewed for another year, yet they may sign a youth defender which will mean a challenge for Carlo to give all 4 or 5 players playing time. As to fullbacks, it looks like it will be Carvajal backed up with a new signing or Lucas renewed for another year and likely Davies backed up by either Gutierrez or Fran.

So good news is there will be an abundance of talent throughout lineup with NO deadwood, but Carlo will be challenged to keep everyone happy.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:29 pm

Anyone see the video circulating on Twitter with Bellingham, Tchoumeni, and Camavinga? Someone leaked a video of them debating who was better between haaland and mbappe lol Bellingham said haaland is a really good guy and has great character and is better than your boy (assuming he's referring to mbappe) and tchoumeni was seen shaking his head disagreeing. Maybe mbappe character issues are valid

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm

Real Madrid is nothing like QSG though. The players are just mere employees who respect the hierarchy. We dont feed the ego of any of our players. We managed to tame Ronaldo who became one of the best players in the history of football and arguably our best player in history. If Mbappe wants that sort of legacy he'll have to leave his ego at the door in Paris. He will be coming here and become the focal point in our attack but he will only be a cog in the wheel as far as non footballing matters go.

I am more concerned how we'll line up. We play a 4222 now which is working for us. Rodrygo will obviously be a sub but Mbappe and Vini play the same position. I know Vini is trying to play more central in order to be able to score more goals but the heatmap is going to look so loopsided I hope Valverde acquires another 2 lungs to be able to cover that much ground on the right. Mbappe and Vini are going to end up on top of eachother. In terms of who becomes the Alpha I think it'll clearly be Mbappe because Vini has shown multiple times that he has an ego the size of a pea and isn't better than Mbappe scoring goals so he'll probably go back to his previous season's role and I am sure he will be just as fine with it. Have seen QSG a few times in CL, thought Mbappe was excellent against LaReal and really played for the team so he has it in him just needs to be around players with that sort of mentality.

As for that debate, it depends on what your team needs. Our team needed a Haaland but we'll get Mbappe and I trust Carlo to make it work similarly I bet Pep would prefer Mbappe over Haaland. So it all depends really
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:12 pm

Hala... that was absolutely NOT a true statement all the way until Mourinho came. We were EXACTLY like what PSG was until this year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next