sagnik92
free_cat
ChollaVille
BarcaKizz
Khaled
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:25 am

Debut and a draw in Split (0-0)

Line-ups:

`1st Half

Valdes

Dalmau - Armando - Fontas - Lobato

JDS - Kieta - Thiago

Carmona - Villa - Afellay

`2nd Half

Pinto

Balliu - Rosell - Abidal - Maxwell

Riverola - Busq - Iniesta

Ceunca - Soriano - Jeffren

-----------------------------------

Barça drew against Hajduk Split in the first preseason game. Despite their clear superiority in terms of play, possession and chances, Guardiola’s team were unable to beat Subasic in the Hajduk goal. Villa, Soriano, and Jeffren had the best chances.
56 days after Wembley, Barça showed their style to the world once again. In the game to celebrate Hajduk Split’s centenary, Barça played seriously and gave everything, but couldn’t break through the web woven by the Croatian side, who have already started their league campaign, and are probably more match-fit. So, Guardiola remains unbeaten in preseason debuts.

Thiago magic

Thiago Alcantara was the most active player on the pitch in the first few minutes, creating danger with his running into space and precision passing. Thiago took the lead role in midfield, bringing his teammates into the game, and providing some great balls for David Villa, who had a few chances, and hit the post in the 16th minute with a superb strike from outside the area.

Villa kept trying

After failing to score with his first attempt, Villa had the chance to score Barça’s first goal of the season, a couple of times more. The first came in the 30th minute, when he came very close from a free-kick in a good position outside the box. In the 39th minute he tried the same thing again, but this time his shot hit the defensive wall and was easily dealt with.

Eleven changes at half-time

Coming in at the break 0-0, Pep Guardiola decided to bring on all eleven players from the bench. Despite the good work of the first 45 minutes, in the second half the team was totally different. Bringing on Riverola into midfield gave the team more depth, and this helped to gain even more possession of the ball.

Jeffren and Soriano came close

Jeffren and Jonathan Soriano had the best chances in the second half. Jeffren was very active for the whole half and his cut inside and cross-shot almost put Barça ahead. Jonathan Soriano also came really close and his shot, in the 64th minute, was centimetres outside the post. Barça played with their usual style, and created chances, but this time they just didn’t have any luck at all.

Tuesday, second game

Next Tuesday, 26th of July, at 18.15, Barça will have their second pre-season game, in the Audi Cup, against Internacional of Porto Alegre. It might be the opportunity to get their first win of the pre-season.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/futbol/temporada_11-12/arxiu_partits/pretemporada/fcb-hajduk/partit.html

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 Empty Re: Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:34 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Sidenote: 2 Aussies play for Hadjuk split!!!

Both of them are of Croatian decent. They are like me !

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 D98ce25b-76e9-4a3d-8e70-535c43459d75

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 A5f98c6e-32fb-48f2-8382-664cf327171c

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 03f3737f-d598-41e1-ac8b-46652564c161

What do you think of Hajduk's fans? Best in the world?

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 2627773a-c0a9-4283-97bc-585fadd902db

That banner means "Drago, don't give up" and is directed at former Hajduk player Drago Gabric who was in a car accident and Trabzonspor just tore up his contract and will probably never play football again. Once a Hajducko Srce, always a Hajducko Srce.

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 am

Massive turnout for the game Brigate and they created a good atmosphere too. More importantly, Croatian girls are very pretty.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:47 am

kiranr wrote:Massive turnout for the game Brigate and they created a good atmosphere too. More importantly, Croatian girls are very pretty.

yes they areee Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 am

Wow Herblife is on the kit too.WTF
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm looking at pictures of the match... my is the home kit hideous...

That huge 'Qatar Foundation' logo is so hard to take. It looks more like a Qatar jersey than a Barcelona jersey. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:52 am

The kit is fine, stop whinging.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:26 am

BarcaKizz wrote:The kit is fine, stop whinging.

Did you know that even Thiago was "whinging" about it on Twitter?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:34 am

CroInter wrote:Just to tell you guys that ppl in Croatia, specially in Split are fkn pissed off coz the club payed a lot of money and so did ppl to see the game and in the end barca fileds C team.
Its like that friendly vs Korea #2

I understand why the koreans felt upset, but this time every big name player that was not injured or still on vacation, played. What were we supposed to do? Play the injured ones and force the player who has only been on vacation for a week to play?

And if anyone is to be blame for a boring game, its splits fault. Barca tried to attack, but when a team parks the bus, ofc it will be a boring game..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 am

messixaviesta wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:The kit is fine, stop whinging.

Did you know that even Thiago was "whinging" about it on Twitter?

Really? :lol!:

But seriously, there's been so much talk about how bad it is before we even saw it on the pitch. Last night it looked fine, as good as ones in the past in my opinion. It always takes a little while for a kit to grow on you. Maybe people aren't comfortable with it looking untraditional, but lets be optimistic guys... it looks fine.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:42 am

I personally like the kit, i prefer the black kit but that's because we are the evil of football and black fits us

:lol!:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:49 am

spanky489 wrote:typical croats Very Happy

please no one tell me that those guys actually expected us to play our strongest 11, its off season ffs!!! and not to mention the recent copa america games

Most fans paid around 800kn ($200) to watch the game. An amount that is just unheard of in Croatia. When I was in Croatia on holiday two years ago I went to watch Hajduk - Zilina (3rd round Europa League Qualifying) and paid 60kn (about $15) to get in. This was a competitive European fixture and was a sellout. These fans paid more than ten fold for a friendly.

I understand completely both views but I do think Barca should have played less players so that their stars could play more. This wasn't just any pre-season friendly. This was a teams celebration of their centenary of existance. They were the ones that paid the money to Barca and hence should be the ones making the calls but whatever....
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Just found a brilliant picture from the match that will come in very handy on these forums:

Pre-season: Match #1 Hajduk Split vs Barca  - Page 2 44
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
spanky489 wrote:typical croats Very Happy

please no one tell me that those guys actually expected us to play our strongest 11, its off season ffs!!! and not to mention the recent copa america games

Most fans paid around 800kn ($200) to watch the game. An amount that is just unheard of in Croatia. When I was in Croatia on holiday two years ago I went to watch Hajduk - Zilina (3rd round Europa League Qualifying) and paid 60kn (about $15) to get in. This was a competitive European fixture and was a sellout. These fans paid more than ten fold for a friendly.

I understand completely both views but I do think Barca should have played less players so that their stars could play more. This wasn't just any pre-season friendly. This was a teams celebration of their centenary of existance. They were the ones that paid the money to Barca and hence should be the ones making the calls but whatever....

Didn't barca play every star that was available? I think that xavi and pique are injured atm, while puyol has been since last season and messi,sanchez,mascherano and alves have only been on vacation since last week or something..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:16 pm

lol.... 200 dollars will get u a seat at the champions league final
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 pm

It wasn't that expensive, Cholla went and his tickets were 80€.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:26 pm

If the cheapest ticket is 80 euros then those are 'star price' tickets, so you should be able to see the stars. Who sets the prices at friendlies?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:44 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If the cheapest ticket is 80 euros then those are 'star price' tickets, so you should be able to see the stars. Who sets the prices at friendlies?

The club, and club payed 1-2 mill(in not certain to exact amount) and the club is poor so they had to return some of that money somehow....

And what could Barca do?
Maybe start Iniesta, Maxvell, Abidal, Bisqvit....

Anyways i would be dissapointed too to pay 800kn(200$) to see "best team in the world" and then see on the field bunch of kids i never even heard of...
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:05 am

CroInter wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:If the cheapest ticket is 80 euros then those are 'star price' tickets, so you should be able to see the stars. Who sets the prices at friendlies?

The club, and club payed 1-2 mill(in not certain to exact amount) and the club is poor so they had to return some of that money somehow....

And what could Barca do?
Maybe start Iniesta, Maxvell, Abidal, Bisqvit....

Anyways i would be dissapointed too to pay 800kn(200$) to see "best team in the world" and then see on the field bunch of kids i never even heard of...

correct me if im wrong, but didn't barca play EVERY star player that was available? What I know, every player apart from xavi, pique, puyol, messi, mascherano, alves, sanchez and pedro played. And those that I mentioned didn't play because they were either injured or had played copa america. So what should barca have done?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 am

The cheapest ticket was €50 on shity place (south).
Second ticket was arund €65 where are biggest Hajduk fans (north).
East was €80, I was there.
Ticket on west was most expencive around €115 (fancy people). West was not even full, more 1000-2000 people could sit there.

For this part of world when you can live one month with €500 (and drive car) it was to much.
Xavi, Pique and Pedro could play but they just did not.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 pm

free_cat wrote:It wasn't that expensive, Cholla went and his tickets were 80€.

AUD200 = 120 euro's. Not that much difference and depends on where you were sitting.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2