Freeza
The Franchise
Warrior
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:22 pm

A guy who likes to create narratives with a background of social justice and religious folklore. Him and Kanye West probably drink the same juice.

As for the Nets, i have them top 3 in the east, assuming both Harden and Durant are healthy for the majority of games. In frontcourt they signed veterans who can defend and score, an improvement in this regard. The backcourt rotation is now questionable but it's not their fault.

Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V28Ivd-mbg

oh look at what we have here... someone with big datasets seeing basketball the same way i do!

he also mentions a couple of things on the Harden/KD combo and Bucks' negative outlier postseason which backs up why i'm not too big on Nets without Kyrie and the Bucks in general if everyone is fit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:00 am

I don't know his reasons, I don't like the hear this "voice for the voiceless" talk but good for him none the less.

These crazy zealots forcing people to take a vaccine they don't need while ignorantly spouting unscientific nonsense to attempt to justify it need to be challenged whichever way possible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:05 am

Thinking basketball is great content, but his top 10 just doesn't jibe with me.

I don't think any NBA player or coach truly thinks Curry is the number 1 player in the league.

To start the video he emphasises the importance of defence but then goes on to have Jokic and Curry in the top 3? Something doesn't add up there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:39 am

Curry is so efficiently explosive offensively that he has changed the game and made defense matter less when he is on the court - to me that's why he is the number 1 player in the game, and I think Thinking Basketball follows that same statistical knowledge. I don't think a lot of people truly realise and acknowledge (yet) the reality of how different and unique Steph is because narratives usually dominate the NBA media sphere.

Same for Jokic's impact on the offensive end last season, the efficiency was crazy.

Defense still matters of course and i believe he acknowledges it, hence Giannis over KD and Embiid over Dame and Luka...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Seems selective to me. I like the channel but I don't think he knows anything other NBA players can't see.
Curry and Jokic are obviously very good offensively but not so good defence should be ignored. I don't think any player is. Jokic doesn't protect the rim and you have to compensate for that, I would say the Nuggets are actually better when they had a guy like Plumlee with him who would protect the rim and cut without the ball on offence. Rather than Jokic and 4 small guys.

And Curry, you have to play a guy in the back court who can defend other point guards because Curry can be picked on and gets in foul trouble.

I wouldn't say liabilities, but certainly those 2 are B- defenders at best and have certain flaws you can look to play on. Meanwhile, you can argue someone like KD is every bit as good offensively and has a better defense impact.

This is why I say selective, because as you said, defence was acknowledged in other selections.

By the logic used in his video, isn't Curry the best player of all time? Certainly better than Magic who wasn't any better a defender either? Yet, surely Curry isn't better than Magic in reality.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:11 am

By the logic used in his video, isn't Curry the best player of all time? Certainly better than Magic who wasn't any better a defender either?
exactly! now we're getting somewhere! He certainly should be in the discussion for "Mt Rushmore of NBA"
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:21 am

Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 am

you laugh, but im serious. That's how people my age will view him in 30 years... people often have this "old-head" tendency where they try to bring up the goal old days and what people did then... Hence Wilt, Kareem and Magic are often up there on Mt Rushmore discussions along with Jordan. And of course they were all great and should be remembered and honoured, but ultimately the sport evolves and moves on, and so do we.

Statistically speaking Steph is an anomaly in a sport that has usually favoured big and strong players, and that's what makes him stand out from the rest.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:48 am

Perhaps true but I far more often see the receny bias, where apperently the best player of today is the best player in history.

I doubt hardly anyone will call Curry the best player of all time.

Better than Magic, struggle with that one too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:58 am

There is a hipster trend to not rate Giannis as the best player. I can agree Jokic was the best player overall last season and he was my choice for MVP. But 1v1 i feel like it's not even close in fact, nobody is better than the greek freak. He has flaws and scored 50 pts to close a final regardless.

In all due respect beast centers are very rare and a lot of guys can shoot well in the league. And in this category yes Curry is the best.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:56 am

Embiid spitting today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:32 pm

In the 2 short quotes i read he is somewhat polite but the message is clear: Simmons is a big baby
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:39 pm

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm

Clearly it's the Blazers who won't do it, Simmons would have limited effect for them, their defense is non existent

If i had to bet it would be the Kings. Hield+Bagley or Barnes+Bagley, maybe the GM can scrape a first pick although everybody knows he's in the shits. They'd get a veteran on medium-term contract. Bagley is RFA next season no need to cut him, and if he's healthy they can still integrate him or re-trade him.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Why would Portland swap McCollum for Simmons? The latter has tanked his value and Portland have Lillard.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:08 pm

read the tweet again...
i've heard that apparently that trade was on earlier in the off-season but Morey wanted more for Simmons
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 pm

One thing has been made clear throughout this ordeal to me, Simmons attitude is terrible.

He's not really tried to get better, every year there's a new excuse and finally his team mates had enough of this bullshit.

I personally wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:15 am

far from our best last night, but came thru clutch with a brilliant 4th quarter... i pray i pray my squad stays fit because (a) we deserve it after the last two years we had, and (b) if we do i know we will surprise A WHOLE LOTTA people this season.

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:26 am

Giannis soiled the Nets in opening night i loved to see it
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:57 am

i know i said in an earlier post that im not high on them in general for how they won the Chip last season, but i feel like Giannis and Middleton and the whole co-cast will embrace the Championship glory and only get better because of it. The team to beat in the East definitely as long as Kyrie stays on his current MO. And i'd be worried about their height and grind if they were to matchup with my Warriors in the Finals.

as for Nets only KD and Mills looked fit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:54 am

Why you acting like you some underdog story lol?

All i seen all off season is people pumping up the Warriors lol, it's a surprise to literally no one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:13 am

besides Kendrick Perkins where is the Warriors hype outside of the Warriors fanbase? pls share it because i want to see it too

all i've been seeing is talk about Bucks, Nets and this old Lakers squad.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:30 am

The Warriors have been top-4 or 5 in championship betting odds all off-season.

As for the Lakers, adding a non-shooting (or shit-shooting) Westbrook next to this version of Lebron seemed dumb on paper and the first game wasn't a good sign.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 am

Art Morte wrote:a non-shooting (or shit-shooting) Westbrook

Definitely the latter
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:47 am

El Gunner wrote:besides Kendrick Perkins where is the Warriors hype outside of the Warriors fanbase? pls share it because i want to see it too

all i've been seeing is talk about Bucks, Nets and this old Lakers squad.

On Twitter it's everywhere, everyone is high as hell on your squad man. Well people who aren't idiots anyway.

Like we all recognize that towards the end of the season you were arguably a top 5 team and you got more shooting around Steph as well Poole likely to make a jump and Klay back obv.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next