farfan
Perucho21
halamadrid2
Thimmy
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 5 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:35 pm

According to reports we won't be in the market for players unless someone leaves. Guys like Mariano and Asenslo rather see out the last year of their contracts than get playing time elsewhere. I think we are banking on Rodrygo to have a breakout season and we'll likely see Valverde there again this season in a 442.

According to Marca Carlo seems to be impressed with Tobas but it doesn't matter because Vini will get his passport in 2030

Gnabry seems to be renewing with Bayern and Mahrez has not been on our radar which leaves us without options that are costeffective if you will. We already splashed 60ME on an overhyped Benz backup but Carlo called him lazy and immobile Laughing I am not comfortable spending that much on another back up. I also don't see the big deal in Latasa, probably the worst of all the Castilla players that have come up to back up our CF.

I much prefer the veteran option, probably Dzeko now that they have Lukaku. but I still want us to take a punt on RDT and send them Mayoral and Mariano there as package deals. Will make us set in LaLiga at the very least.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 5 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:18 pm

I agree with both of you. Just a couple of comments;

1. Re Vinicius Tobias, there is definitely interest from Carlo and although it’s highly improbable to have him on first team this season, he is the club’s future. For this season it will be Carvajal, Lucas, Nacho. I expect an Odriozola departure in coming weeks.

2. Asensio and Ceballos have different ambitions. Asensio wants to play full time, be on NT and be paid well. He and Mendes overplayed their hand especially in EPL. His choices come down to take a lower salary in Italy, stay with little playing time and leave on a free transfer next summer.

Ceballos wants to feel important and only wants to go home to Betis. There was zero chance of him being on NT! But the club has literally asked him to stay, which tells me there will be a lot of 4 MF play. It sounds like he is content with the new 1 year renewal, and that means same situation again next summer.

3. Carlo seems satisfied with Alaba, Mendy at LB. The Fran option was discounted weeks ago and Gutierrez has not impressed Carlo. There is a price tag on both Mendy and Hazard, but they will only leave if an acceptable offer arrives in next few weeks. Not likely IMO, I feel these are only for positioning for next summer.

4. I agree with both of you. I think there are two other options available on squad besides Rodrygo. One is Hazard, if he does somehow live up to the promise he made to fans and the other is to play a 4-4-2. But either way, there is no depth which could be a huge problem with injuries.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:11 am

Riyad just had his kid and signed a new deal with city. City just let go of sterling and Jesus. I do have a feeling he will leave city, and his style will age well + no long term injuries. But he won’t leave for a couple years I think.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:16 pm

Well sure looks like squad is set for this season after Casemiro exit. Only remaining possibilities are

1) will they buy another MF (Carlo says he is content with 6 he has and they can use Alaba or Rudgier at DM if needed)
2) loan or sale of Odriozola (his recent injury may stop that)
3) will Asensio go to Italy
4) will they somehow manage to get rid of Mariano
5) numbers wise they are at 21, without Asensio, Mariano and Odriozola. Will they add, particularly forward if the three depart?

Overall any success this year depends upon

1) Rudgier, Tchouameni living up to expectations.
2) health and performance of Benzema, and Vini
3) breakout year of Rodrygo.

I feel team is better than last year with the additions with gives lots of options when needed at all positions in defense and midfield. However, the forward line is much the same as last year with hope that Rodrygo will improve and Hazard will finally contribute!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:38 pm

Tchou, Camavinga and Valverde can easily cover for Casemiro. Not really worried about midfield.

We're STILL crazy thin on the attack however. One injury away to literally not being able to score. That, I'm worried about.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:37 pm

Carlo said Kroos could cover for Casemiro.....FML
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:59 am

sportsczy wrote:Tchou, Camavinga and Valverde can easily cover for Casemiro. Not really worried about midfield.

We're STILL crazy thin on the attack however. One injury away to literally not being able to score. That, I'm worried about.

That's my only worry. It's Benzema or nothing. Literally, nothing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:52 pm

Doc wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Tchou, Camavinga and Valverde can easily cover for Casemiro. Not really worried about midfield.

That's my only worry. It's Benzema or nothing. Literally, nothing.

If Benzema goes down, I'd like Rodrygo to be given a shot at central striker... however, please no Modric false 9 lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:56 pm

You’re forgetting Hazard!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:05 pm

IMO, this is a key season for Rodrygo. The time has come. Either he has a breakout year (like a year older Vini had last season) or he becomes the next Asensio!

It still comes with heavy dependence on Benz and Vini, with only Hazard to backup both. Gosh our front line is so thin!

I sometimes wish Flo would be more agressive with getting rid of some players like Asensio and Mariano. They are the real reason we haven’t signed more ( plus the slow delivery of passports to the three Brazilians).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:26 pm

Vini isn't a striker at all.  He can score... but that's mostly because CBs have to vacate the middle when Benzema moves out of the box.  This allows space for Vini to use his speed/dribbling.  With no space, that's gone.

Hazard is not a central striker.  Chelsea tried that, when he was in his prime, and it failed miserably.

It's really down to Rodrygo because we don't know if he can do it or not and seems to have the skillset (although he's a bit too weak physically imo; might get pushed around).  In terms of the other players...  we know they can't do it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Vini isn't a striker at all.  He can score... but that's mostly because CBs have to vacate the middle when Benzema moves out of the box.  This allows space for Vini to use his speed/dribbling.  With no space, that's gone..

Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:03 pm

Well just look at how he did with Benzema out last year...  they just took away Vini's space and that was pretty much it for him.  Struggled and then had to find form back when Benz returned and space was there.

I'm not saying anything controversial here lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:52 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Vini isn't a striker at all.  He can score... but that's mostly because CBs have to vacate the middle when Benzema moves out of the box.  This allows space for Vini to use his speed/dribbling.  With no space, that's gone..

Laughing

It's not that bad of a statement Hala. That's the role of a (good) CF anyway. Put it this way, replace Benzema with Mariano and the difference in space creation would be night and day.

Yeah, Vini would still find ways to get into the box but it'll be him doing the spectacular and not something that comes from "natural" team cohesion.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:11 pm

I don’t understand this debate? If it’s to say we don’t have a backup for Benz, i think most would agree.

Actually we only have 2 forwards that we can count on; Benz and Vini.

Then we have 2 guys that we are hoping can work out. One is Rodrygo and as I said above he has to make a breakthru this season. With his size I doubt if it could be at CF! The other is an in shape Hazard. Issue is if he is, where does he play. His natural position is not available and thus Carlo wants to use him as a false 9, when Benz isn’t available.

And then there is Asensio and Mariano!!! both of whom may be gone in 2 weeks.

The issue is extremely thin forward line, not just regarding Benz.

And it is for that reason, i believe Carlo choice for use of Hazard is the only viable answer to this debate.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:29 pm

Somebody explain to me why we're not trying to sign Cavani as a backup...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:37 am

sportsczy wrote:Somebody explain to me why we're not trying to sign Cavani as a backup...

management wants a scrub as back up, but also doesn't want a scrub as back up. so someone who will sign off to lounge on the bench but become spring chicken when they get an occasional game. and since its proven that will be difficult to accomplish, everyone who isnt a starter can become a false 9 alias back up.... according to carlo.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:37 am

Because we have Mariano and Perez ain't paying 3 strikers a salary.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:02 am

Doc wrote:Because we have Mariano and Perez ain't paying 3 strikers a salary.

What's the problem with paying 3 strikers a salary?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:31 am

I don't see an issue with giving cavani a one year contract. Really doesn't hurt. But the club won't make more signings unfortunately. We are hedging our bets with Hazard at the false 9/ second striker role, and I have major doubts that that's going work out. I hope it does because it'll only benefit the team.

Going by our history of Perez signing world cup stars, it's very likely Perez is waiting for the winter transfer window.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:40 am

Cavani was out for the majority of the season at Utd, that's why. Can't rely on an injury prone player.

I'd take a punt on Dzeko given he's lost his starting spot but the risk would be that he'd want more than a 1-2 year contract which we should never commit to
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:44 am

Rodrygos issue is his physique. He needs 10-15lbs of solid muscle. Look at Gabriel Jesus. If you don’t have the height, compensate with weight. Ben yedder, Aguero back when he was playing, all guys w muscle
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Somebody explain to me why we're not trying to sign Cavani as a backup...
Probably his injury record? He was out for 25 games last season with 5 separate injuries, all while not playing much and being a rotation player.

FennecFox7 wrote:Rodrygos issue is his physique. He needs 10-15lbs of solid muscle. Look at Gabriel Jesus. If you don’t have the height, compensate with weight. Ben yedder, Aguero back when he was playing, all guys w muscle
I think that's exactly what he has been doing, he looks to have added a good amount of mass during the summer break. You also don't want to rush it since you can lose speed and increase injury risk.
Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 5 Fa3HUULWYAEXSyA?format=jpg&name=medium
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Looking ahead for a brief moment, apparently this Is Flo’s prospective lineup for 2023/4 assuming development of kids works out and Spanish passports are finally completed and used for Tobias, Reiner and Kubo. This lineup has 7 already owned (or available via buybacks) kids plus one purchase.

Courtois, Lunin

Militao, Rudiger, Nacho, MarĂ­n Vallejo
Carvajal, Tobias Lucas
Alaba, Gutierrez Mendy

Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Ceballos, Bellingham, Reiner Modric, Kroos

Rodrygo, Benzema, Vinicius, Arribas, Iker Bravo, Kubo Asensio, Mariano, Hazard

Likely won’t happen exactly this way, but it does show organization prospective plans.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Kubo has been sold. Bellingham is closer to Liverpool than anywhere else.

I think we'll likely get Endrick so that's going to occupy a non EU spot
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 pm

Sorry I didn’t realize the sale of Kubo was for 5 years. I had thought the 50% was a buyback option! You’ve got me wondering, a lot of the deals made were 50% ownership. Are they all like Kubo, which is 50% of any future sale proceeds by La Real?

And with Bellingham, there is interest but also there will be competition.

I wasn’t saying these prospects will all make it, it is as I understand it, it is the organization thoughts, but first and foremost the kids have to develop. That said if they can fill the backup ranks with mostly owned prospects, then there is enough money to make one purchase each season, i.e. Bellingham and in a year or so Haaland.

Also Endick is only 16. He won’t be coming, if signed for two years!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next