farfan
Perucho21
halamadrid2
Thimmy
futbol_bill
20 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 6 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:10 pm

Sorry I didn’t realize the sale of Kubo was for 5 years. I had thought the 50% was a buyback option! You’ve got me wondering, a lot of the deals made were 50% ownership. Are they all like Kubo, which is 50% of any future sale proceeds by La Real?

And with Bellingham, there is interest but also there will be competition.

I wasn’t saying these prospects will all make it, it is as I understand it, it is the organization thoughts, but first and foremost the kids have to develop. That said if they can fill the backup ranks with mostly owned prospects, then there is enough money to make one purchase each season, i.e. Bellingham and in a year or so Haaland.

Also Endick is only 16. He won’t be coming, if signed for two years!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad - Page 6 Empty Re: Speculative thread for 2022/23 squad

Post by Doc Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:Because we have Mariano and Perez ain't paying 3 strikers a salary.

What's the problem with paying 3 strikers a salary?

Considering we would only use 2, a 3rd one would be considered wasted money. Don't mind we have Hazard as a rotational piece on a superstar salary.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:21 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Sorry I didn’t realize the sale of Kubo was for 5 years. I had thought the 50% was a buyback option! You’ve got me wondering, a lot of the deals made were 50% ownership. Are they all like Kubo, which is 50% of any future sale proceeds by La Real?

I wasn’t saying these prospects will all make it, it is as I understand it, it is the organization thoughts, but first and foremost the kids have to develop. That said if they can fill the backup ranks with mostly owned prospects, then there is enough money to make one purchase each season, i.e. Bellingham and in a year or so Haaland.

I believe all the deals are like that and Kubo has a 60 mil release clause, so it's effectively a 30 mil buy-back clause.

I hope they sign a more established attacker by that point, assuming Kroos & Modric are gone and Fede is back to playing full-time in midfield.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:06 pm

Zees wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Sorry I didn’t realize the sale of Kubo was for 5 years. I had thought the 50% was a buyback option! You’ve got me wondering, a lot of the deals made were 50% ownership. Are they all like Kubo, which is 50% of any future sale proceeds by La Real?

I believe all the deals are like that and Kubo has a 60 mil release clause, so it's effectively a 30 mil buy-back clause.

I hope they sign a more established attacker by that point, assuming Kroos & Modric are gone and Fede is back to playing full-time in midfield.

Thanks Zees. That established attacker is hoped to be Rodrygo! If that is the case, then we are talking about a backup and if not, then you are right with presumably Rodrygo the backup!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:35 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Zees wrote:

Thanks Zees. That established attacker is hoped to be Rodrygo! If that is the case, then we are talking about a backup and if not, then you are right with presumably Rodrygo the backup!

I think even if Rodrygo can become a starter by next season, we still need to add another established attacker.

I don't see Arribas and Iker Bravo playing much for the first team this season, and the latter is only 17. Having the two of them be the first rotation options doesn't give me a lot of confidence, especially since Benz will be turning 36 by that time.

Maybe it could work if Kubo/Brahim comes back after an excellent season and Rodrygo proves he can do a good job playing centrally this season.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:43 pm

It’s too far off to speculate! It all depends on Rodrygo and also Benz. Does Rodrygo have a breakout year like Vini did and does that make him out to be a sure starter? Does Benz have another remarkable year without injuries and do the various schemes to fill in for him work out? You probably can ask same sort of questions for every position. What I meant with the original post was, the organization seems to have prospects for most positions and if they can develop enough to make first team and be a reliable backup, then that enables them to backfill aging players with low cost and enables a budget to go after one key player each year and thereby competing with the big budget teams in EPL and PSG.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Fair enough, It's a good strategy to find squad players and has worked in the past with the likes of Asensio, Lucas, Callejon, and Morata.

Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 pm

Talking about living in an alternative reality!

Mariano says he wants to renew his contract with RMad!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6