Myesyats
futbol_bill
BarcaLearning
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Barca '22-'23 Empty Barca '22-'23

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:47 pm

So its nearly the end of transfer window n season getting close to start, surprisingly we seem to have signed a few decent signings, most of all old Lewand Razz Suddenly we look pretty stacked although still not too excited since its a mixed summer where we achieved some but not all of our goals. Alves leaving is a sad surprise since he did well last season, n was MOTM in a good match n brought some vital qualities to us, but I guess in the end he was just too old n Xavi let him go? And so that would mean Dest is gonna be played first choice after all?

Anyway, looks like might be still one or two surprises left but if not, already thinking of the team be something like the below, although not sure exactly yet:

Fati/Ferran   Lewand/Auba   Raphinha/Dembele

Pedri/Gavi   Busquets/Nico    De Jong/Kessie

Alba   Pique/Garcia   Araujo/Christensen  Dest/Roberto

Compared with Koeman days this is just so vastly better, though wont expect to win anything, n will largely depend on Real's midfield if they are able to sustain their level, we might push them a bit more this season. Personally am just more interested to see how Xavi progresses rather than thinking about winning anything, although from the feeling I get the way Laporta selling so much future income n splashing out now he n Xavi really want immediate success?

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca '22-'23 Empty Re: Barca '22-'23

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:57 pm

My god, your posts are so naive!

Laporte had a choice, to do practically nothing trying to fix the financial disaster he inherited, making any achievements or competitiveness next to impossible and miss out on CL revenues (and fans being upset)

Or

He could take some risks and try to make some significant signings! He did the latter in a spectacular way, Barca being the most active club of all and he has almost completely revamped team to the point they can no longer be ruled out of any competition. (And that is good news from la liga perspective).

And yet here you are saying there are still holes in lineup. What the hell did you expect? Every team has some holes, there are no perfect teams.

And while the financial risks Laporte is taking are significant, i’m not sure the alternative would have been better in terms of financial recovery. The big difference is the competitiveness of the team.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:41 pm

Good post Bill

If Kounde happens I don’t see major holes in the team except RB position maybe

It’s a solid team, Kessie is a great addition too In terms of physicality
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:22 pm

I’m wondering if Garcia could make a transition to a fullback?

Btw, i think the thread title should be corrected to current times as opposed to 2 decades ago?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:54 pm

Of cos for the current its great to bring players in, great to see as a fan, can actually look forward to nexdt season more... but they are overpaying as usual so thats not good, I just dont wanna keep seeing Ferran types of splashing out for average or a bit above players XD 25% given up for the foreseeable future too is a huge dent in income for the coming yrs, lets not pretend its not extremely risky...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Dear Bill this question is a very hard one. The way I see Garcia is that he can’t defend at all so I’d rule him out as a RB too since he also lacks speed and acceleration. I can see him at DM because his passing is somewhat good but he really seems unfit for any position lol, I’d hardly call him a “professional”
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:25 pm

The best outcome is just to release him and let him find a new club
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:39 pm

@Barca Learning,

First off, I never said the Laporte approach isn’t risky. Check out my posts, I have been saying the financial mess, the recovery and the selling off future revenue is much worse than most of you financial ignorant kids understand.

If you want to compete (on buying) with the big guys, you have to pay. The marketplace is what it is, essentially driven by the oil state teams and a few EPL teams? There are only 10 clubs max in this marketplace, and the good news is the sale values have fallen somewhat and its decline is attributable to clubs like RMad and Bayern looking for lower cost transfer fees, youth development, plus more and more players obtaining free transfer status. Let alone the flops of most 100+M signings in past several years.

You have been saying they overpaid on Lewa, yet he was (or should have been) essentially the balon d’or for two years and runner up for last season. Getting him for what you did was a bargain, yet alone the free transfer for Kessie and Christensen. It remains to be seen if any of the others were over paid or not.

I do agree with you re Ferran, but I suspect your hero Xavi is fault there with over infatuation of Spanish NT players (same goes for Eric Garcia).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Yes, Lewa was definitely a bargain. You are getting a confirmed elite striker for 45 million euros plus 5 million in add-ons. That's peanuts in today's inflated market.

Also, Laporta and Xavi have done wonders revamping the squad, and Barça is definitely the side that seems to have improved the most in this transfer window.

Leaving the financial risk aside, you should really be happy about the squad.

You went almost over a fortnight from being a Europea-league level team to a strong CL team.

If you manage to land Silva as well, then you'll be all set to challenge on all fronts.

Is he coming by the way?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:52 pm

Silva isn’t coming if Frenkie stays because of FFP

And Frenkie is hell bent on staying
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm

As per reports Xavi will meet with Depay and Frenkie after tomorrows El Clasico to discuss their position in the team so basically as to tell them to leave in the nicest way possible
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:00 pm

Xavi's transfer pull is crazy
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:13 am

Fair points, definitely compared with just late last yrs, when we looked like dropping into mid table level cos we were forced to play so many Barca B players n in financial ruins its now so much better than expected. Jan. n now this summer recruited far exceeded fans hopes I think? So yes, glad overall. Although I tend to stay not too optimistic due to so many failures in recent yrs Razz

Lewand would be sure a bargain if he retains anywhere his level n comes close to what Suarez did for us. Its hard to judge, whereas in the past n most strikers tend to age so quickly, like some are dead when they reach 30ish, Lewand hopefully will be like CR7 ever green Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:21 am

Kounde looks done so even better now hopefully we wont be seeing Garcia being our first choice anymore? Araujo looking more likely to start at RB now? Dest might become just a backup n for LB too then... while Pique might start thinking about retirement? Razz

Fati/Ferran   Lewand/Auba   Raphinha/Dembele

Pedri/Gavi   Busquets/Nico    De Jong/Kessie

Alba/Dest Pique/Garcia Kounde/Christensen Araujo/Roberto

Going towards 200M spent in signing real top tier players, wtfness...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:07 am

Garcia will be 5th choice CB now. Azpilicueta is coming, so Araujo won't have to play RB unless it's necessary........Xavi likes him in Clasicos to follow Vinicius like a shadow but otherwise Kounde-Araujo should be the starting CB duo

The way I see the first lineup vs Vallecano should everyone be registered by then:

Ansu Lewa Raphinha
Pedri Gavi
Busquets
Alba Kounde Araujo Azpi

I think Azpi's transfer should be done next week at the latest, but in general Araujo plays RB only out of necessity for lack of a better option which Azpi will provide
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 am

Dont follow Chelsea too closely... but I rather have for example Alonso over Azpi, I just prefer FBs who can attack, although with Xavi emphasis on wing play I guess now we dont need attacking FB as much as previously. If Azpi solid than it would be good since Dest if weak defensively still.

Also hope Garcia isnt preferred is true... same goes with Ferran, we all know Xavis love for Spaniard... then if Pique can keep his level, Christensen fits in well, suddenly we would be loaded defensively Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:29 pm

I think Xavi's love for Spaniards is overstated Laughing

His love for Ferran is so great that Raphinha was our first signing this summer rofl This transfer along with Ansu and Dembele staying fit will ensure Ferran will make himself comfortable on the bench

Garcia only played because there literally was no one else available. Let's not distort reality and say that he was "preferred"
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:52 pm

even with all of these signings Barca look like a team that will be playing in the EL knockouts again

see you in the final

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:18 pm

Bernardo silva is coming,  calma lol

we've just had a better transfer window than all of your combined from the last 10 years man and you still dare to speak
like, as a ManU fan you should be last to criticize a team's shape
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:59 pm

Yea I really thought we would be stuck in Europa level for a while, but Jan. window n the fact that the rest of the team just suck even more meant otherwise. Now this amazing summer window we are having, we are pretty far above EL level Very Happy

I feel sorry for Man U fans actually, stuck there in medicrary for like a decade n continuing, love it XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:16 pm

absolute scumbag shit ffs, dropping money left and right but wont pay the man what he is literally owed, should sue the fucking club and get more than what he's owed imo.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:42 pm

It's definitely strange that they haven't yet paid him his dues even though they clearly have the money for it.

It definitely casts a shadow over the club as a whole in terms of reputation and integrity.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:13 pm

Embarrassing stuff at the moment. Not willing to pay FDJ what he's owed but happy to splash the cash in the transfer market.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 pm

There are issues with having ManU pay for the salary. Remember we are taking salary and in a lot of cases, the reported is net salary, in other words, club is paying the taxes, direct to tax agency. In this case once the deferred payment is made (has to be direct from club), the club also has to pay the taxed portion of the salary.

It also should be pointed out that this is not the only player on club that has deferred salary, plus there is the overstocking of players that some Barca fans say this is a non issue. The club has to get rid of 6 or 7 players, some of whom have deferred salary issues and some who won’t leave unless they are bought out.

This is what’s under the covers in this awful mess. I fully understand why Laporta is doing this restocking lineup, but it is extremely risky financially and this barbaric treatment of players is shameful (but in some ways consistent with the past) and will hurt them in the end. I agree that De Jong should sue club!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:01 am

What a preseason Dembele is having... hopefully he can stay healthy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next