Sushi Master
McLewis
Magricos
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bojan to Roma - Page 3 Empty Re: Bojan to Roma

Post by InterMalia Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Roma get 1 million to give Bojan playing time for 2 years, sounds good to me.

InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:31 pm

How is series A gona improve as a whole if some of the top teams are doing bussiness like this??

I saw alot of series A fans complaining about udinesi selling their top players to other leagues. But As a top club,as pride of series A ,Roma was supposed to be act like a big club and show how it is done to udinesi,while they chose even worser path by adding a obligatory clue in bojan deal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:36 pm

we should send Canales to Roma with the same deal Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:we should send Canales to Roma with the same deal Very Happy

I was thinking if only we can get a deal like this for Canales. Laughing

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:1M profit? lol

for a club that is aspiring long term to become one of the very best in italy, investing in their "own" player with that money was something they should have prioritized.

if bojan looks like a 20M rated player by the time he is done with them, they are gonna look real funny. The fee they have to pay to cancel out the deal is ridiculous, 28M? lol
My point is that they're essentially getting paid to take on Bojan Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah, Barcelona really made the best deal possible with Bojan they could have ever made...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm

What's with the RM fans? Roma wanted him and this is the deal they got.
When a team wants a player they usually have to agree on what the selling team says otherwise they won't get their man. Can you believe Ibrahimovic is the second most expensive player in the history of the game?
Or a "past it" Kaka costed 60mil? lol. That's just the way it is.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Did not know being a Real Madrid fan makes one illegible in discussing (which includes both giving credit and criticism) in matters that are football related. Would have to remember that...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:57 pm

InterMalia wrote:What's with the RM fans? Roma wanted him and this is the deal they got.
When a team wants a player they usually have to agree on what the selling team says otherwise they won't get their man. Can you believe Ibrahimovic is the second most expensive player in the history of the game?

you are using terrible analogies here, Bojan is no Ibra nor Kaka. he is certainly not worth the "40M" roma would have to spend total to keep him.

The point is, for a team like Roma investing to rebuild and challenge for the Serie A, they should have been signing a player they could at least retain and build around.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:03 pm

I am more congratulating Barca on their smart transfer because I really think Bojan will be worth more than 13m in 2 years and he could be worth less than 28 mil in 2 years.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm

InterMalia wrote:Roma get 1 million to give Bojan playing time for 2 years, sounds good to me.

Not really when you add the wages Roma will spend plus the wages Barca will save.

Roma= 15.7M

Barca= 13M
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
InterMalia wrote:Roma get 1 million to give Bojan playing time for 2 years, sounds good to me.

Not really when you add the wages Roma will spend plus the wages Barca will save.

Roma= 15.7M

Barca= 13M
Irrelevant, it stands to reason that if they don't get Bojan they would still get another striker for a similar salary so it's not really an increased expense.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Roma= 15.7M

Barca= 13M
Irrelevant, it stands to reason that if they don't get Bojan they would still get another striker for a similar salary so it's not really an increased expense.

How is it irrelevant? the price+wages means they are not making a profit on Bojan which is the point iam making.

Now using the scenario that they would buy a striker for a similar amount is irrelevant, because that has nothing to do with making a profit on Bojan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
InterMalia wrote:What's with the RM fans? Roma wanted him and this is the deal they got.

you are using terrible analogies here, Bojan is no Ibra nor Kaka. he is certainly not worth the "40M" roma would have to spend total to keep him.

The point is, for a team like Roma investing to rebuild and challenge for the Serie A, they should have been signing a player they could at least retain and build around.

Sanchez wasn't worth 20mil before january, it could end up being a 40mil deal.
The same with Bojan, he's certainly not worth 40 now but could be in 2 years time....
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Bojan to Roma - Page 3 Empty one question though...

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 pm

what happens if no parties wants him...e.g. he turns out a huge flop, and roma doesn't want him, neither will barca?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:How is it irrelevant? the price+wages means they are not making a profit on Bojan which is the point iam making.

Now using the scenario that they would buy a striker for a similar amount is irrelevant, because that has nothing to do with making a profit on Bojan.
It's irrelevant because it's an expense they would have made Bojan or no Bojan, so it shouldn't be taken into account.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:what happens if no parties wants him...e.g. he turns out a huge flop, and roma doesn't want him, neither will barca?

Barca are obligated to buy at the end of 2012/13
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:19 am

Doesn't seem so bad to me. Roma gets €1 million for training the player for 2 years. If he turns out to be a world beater they can pay €12+28 to keep him.

Typical American style deal and I am sure the Americans are approving all these deals.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:51 am

wigglesworth wrote:Doesn't seem so bad to me. Roma gets €1 million for training the player for 2 years. If he turns out to be a world beater they can pay €12+28 to keep him.

Typical American style deal and I am sure the Americans are approving all these deals.

Completely agree.

Wiggles = God

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:13 am

Great Deal!

Next:

Romeu to Chelsea, Transfer fee will be 5m euros.
Barcelona will have an option to buyback Oriol Romeu from Chelsea for 8m euros over the next 2 years.

In 2 years, we will have Replacements for Villa & Masch Ready! Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:26 am

sciacca wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:Doesn't seem so bad to me. Roma gets €1 million for training the player for 2 years. If he turns out to be a world beater they can pay €12+28 to keep him.

Completely agree.

Wiggles = God

I sometimes wonder if you are the "Wigglesworth" poster's son or nephew. Don't think I've ever seen you disagree with him...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:37 am

Doc wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Completely agree.

Wiggles = God

I sometimes wonder if you are the "Wigglesworth" poster's son or nephew. Don't think I've ever seen you disagree with him...

I'm telling you, the man is a genius! He knows almost everything within Italian football. His views, are always like mine for some odd reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:43 am

Because you're both very biased towards Italian football? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 am

Roma are getting a bright young striker well below their market rate.Can Roma buy a striker of Bojan's quality for 12mil in current market? NO.So its a good deal from Roma's perspective too IMO.

If he becomes a huge success they can pay another 28 mil after 2 years and make the transfer permanently.At the same time his goals could lead them into CL.

If he flops they get 1 mil profit and sell back to Barca.

If he is a moderate succcess then they can negotiate with Barca and buy him for the market price after 2 years as Barca wont need him.

How exactly are Roma loosing here?

At the moment Roma are going through a transitional phase and need a lot of reinforcement.They already spent on Lamela Angel and soon will spend money on probably Skelenburg and also need to replace Mexes too.

So at the moment Buying Bojan on this sort of deal is really good deal for Roma.If he becomes a huge success they simply pay 28mil and make the move permanent when they will have cash unlike this window where they need lot first team signings.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 am

Why such a weird deal?

Here's what I'm thinking:
AS Roma are still owned by the Unicredit bank, although the sale to the American DiBenedetto seems imminent. AS Roma itself probably has very little cash right now, but if Barcelona want some money now (instead of just making a two year loan deal with no transfer fees and obligatory repurchases that nullify each other), Unicredit can pay that cash. Barcelona's obligatory repurchase money of €13m is probably ear-marked to go straight to Unicredit, so even if AS Roma needed €13m at the end of 2012-13 season to save their existence, the club wouldn't get that Bojan rebuy money but Unicredit would receive it directly.

I don't see AS Roma ever paying €40m for Bojan - don't think he will be that good - so it's just a bit more complicated loan deal than normally.

Moreover, I don't think it's as bad a deal for Roma as many seem to think here. Okay, yes, they might forge Bojan into a star that they have to return, but AS Roma aren't really paying anything for Bojan but his wages. Sure enough, Roma are the one taking a risk here; they probably could have bought Bojan permanently for, say, €20m and could keep the whatever player they to turn him out to be, but if Bojan flopped, that would've been €20m wasted. Loan deals mean you're playing it safe; you won't win much, but you won't lose much either.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Roma have confirmed they have agreed to pay a fee of €12 million for the services of forward Bojan Krkic from Barcelona, and have also revealed the intricacies of the transfer itself.

After official confirmation on Friday, the Italian side have announced the economic terms of the deal involving the Spain Under-21 international, who will receive a salary of €1.6 million for each of the the first two seasons, which will be doubled if the capital club agree to retain him in 2013, for a hefty fee of €28 million.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Bojan Krkic Perez has signed for a fee of €12 million, payable on July 1, 2013. Barcelona will have an option to buy back the rights of the player at the end of the 2011-2012 or 2012-2013 season, for a fee equal to €17 million and €13m respectively, both payable in two installments on January 31, 2014 and then May 31, 2014."

"This repurchase option becomes mandatory for Barcelona for 2012-13, but ​​AS Roma can retain ownership rights of the player, to be exercised by June 20, 2013, for an additional fee of €28 million, payable in three installments on July 1, 2013, January 31, 2014 and July 31, 2014."

Bojan put pen to paper on his new contract on Friday, and is now travelling to Brunico Riscone to join the team in preparation for the new season.

Complicated to say the least.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next