Vibe
FennecFox7
Myesyats
Pedram
futbol_bill
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

This forum has become practically dead - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum has become practically dead

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:51 pm

even LeVersacci and M99 who had the biggest problem with Unique left on their own, so we lost both ways, lol

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

This forum has become practically dead - Page 2 Empty Re: This forum has become practically dead

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:31 pm

El Gunner wrote:even LeVersacci and M99 who had the biggest problem with Unique left on their own, so we lost both ways, lol

Exactly Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:35 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:To be honest the rules being so strict at a time where countless people were banned did not help at all. I get its needed for order and the mods are great but in hindsight I miss a lot of banned posters.

Unique needs to be unbanned someone ring his local pub in Salford please.

I don't like to say "I told you so"

You don't? Laughing You live for it ffs
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:57 pm

farfan wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:To be honest the rules being so strict at a time where countless people were banned did not help at all. I get its needed for order and the mods are great but in hindsight I miss a lot of banned posters.

I live for a lot of things, apparently. Hardcore Martin Ødegaard fan, hardcore Ole fan, hardcore Pogba hater, hardcore Mbappe hater, Unique's best friend.. just off the top of my head. I've certainly commented on a lot of these things with some level of interest, but I'll never know if this is still a running gag, or if I have such extreme views that I have to always end up on either of the fan/hater sides of these topics. I remember Helmer pointing out that I was the biggest fanboy he'd ever seen (in reference to Ole), when I hadn't actually mentioned Ole in over half a year. That's a pretty long running gag!

I'm not looking to be on the right side of things all of the time, but sometimes I wish we had more nuanced views in our discussions as a community. We have incredibly strong tendencies to boil all discussions down to black or white, and I think that includes our views on members who some consider to be a nuisance to this place. I think I was among the first few people who was annoyed by Unique and his lame jabs at various clubs and players, but I also recognize that he brought a lot of positive activity to this place. No one would argue against punishing him or other members for racial or religious hate speech when those do occur, but I do think he showed some degree of humility, and I was under the impression that we all saw him as quite ignorant when it came to those two topics. I may not be his best friend, but I don't think he was nothing but a negative influence to this forum, and I don't think he was some kind of hero either.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:28 pm

i believe sometimes you take pushback/replies to your opinions a little bit too personally, Timothy... me too perhaps... a lot of tone can be lost through text
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:i believe sometimes you take pushback/replies to your opinions a little bit too personally, Timothy... me too perhaps... a lot of tone can be lost through text

I think you're right, especially regarding tone being lost through text. And I've also learnt over time that I'm not always great at discerning when people are going for banter/trolling, and when they actually mean what they say on here Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:28 pm

Pedram wrote:It's been 12 years, most people have moved on with their lives, lost interest in football or don't have time.

Definitely this.
Mix of lack of time and less interest to follow football because life changes
I still sometimes log in because I like fanbase, otherwise not even I cared to do it.
Yeah , nostalgia about that GL as very active forum , good ol days, but perhaps it had to go in this way and we have to accept it
Discord doesn't look like a bad idea, I downloaded it and I logged it too, if it can become a GL 2.0 why not, if it's a way to keep in touch.. but I didn't notice differences about activity  (perhaps even worse ) frankly..
Anyway I listen every proposal to revive forum, just a little flame of hope
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:55 am

Ignore all the subforums and just put everything in general, including club threads.  Not enough activity to do things separately.  That should get people more interested.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:33 am

i don't think a layout change will change much, i just look at the ticker tape of latest topics anyway

but i guess the club sections have become obsolete anyway... so we might as well shift a few things around again... there should always be an off-topic section tho
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:55 am

Revamp the layout, clear the ban list, maybe advertise a bit, we can all chip in if others agree.

I think that would be great for the forum.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:10 am

Vibe wrote:Revamp the layout, clear the ban list, maybe advertise a bit, we can all chip in if others agree.

I think that would be great for the forum.

I’m game for this
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 am

Thimmy wrote:

I said this at the time, and the general response was that I was acting like Unique's best friend This forum has become practically dead - Page 2 1f605 I don't like to say "I told you so", but I think I have expressed in the past that banning people in this tiny community will hurt us in the longer term. People who have problems with each other for whatever reason, can use the mute function.

I never got why anyone here got remotely offended over anything.

I never got the concept of it over religion or politics because that to me represents your belief in it is not strong enough as it is.

Unique was a 'unique' presence to the forum and a fellow LFC fan so didn't like him going.

I never agreed with the strict rules in that sense as adversity and verbalising against it is GOOD for one.

RedOranje I always loved and considered a friend here but he was far too strict in someways even if I liked how dedicated he was.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 am

farfan wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Based.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:52 am

Im on the side that its actually a good thing the forum is reaching its final embers to represent what was an intelligent and relatively ambitious group of men reaching the coming of age to things that are more important than football in the end. Let's admit the ultras are the coolest group of fans but almost always have a sub-standard life outside of the arena for obvious reasons.

Peak GL was unrivalled to any forum experience I have but just because it was great here doesn't mean it had to live on as lets be honest it would serve as quite the distraction win more adult times if anything.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:37 am

sportsczy wrote:Ignore all the subforums and just put everything in general, including club threads.  Not enough activity to do things separately.  That should get people more interested.

This is actually very true.

As much as it would hurt given all the history there but it would have a more focused forum section that looks more active rather than the hills and trenches in different sections that dont look as active.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:33 am

Arquitecto wrote:

I never agreed with the strict rules in that sense as adversity and verbalising against it is GOOD for one.

I agree with this. It's contrasting opinions that make discussions interesting.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:31 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

I agree with this. It's contrasting opinions that make discussions interesting.

While there's no problem with contrasting opinions i should remind you guys that Unique wasn't banned for that, dude engaged in blatant xenophobia repeatedly, mods were actually quite lax on him but he would push things too far, even attacking people personally.

Frankly i'm not sure i'd want a toxic person back, even at the cost of lowered forum activity.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:05 pm

More activity or less, the soul this place has is one of a kind.

I hope it lasts as long as possible.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:17 am

The real toxic person here is Vibe not Unique. Unique was too dumb to really rile up anyone unless they were too sensitive in general.

Vube gently stirs the pot and knows exactly he's doing the whole time and ive witnessed him be the catalyst to thread breakdowns for over a decade now. Added to that he is an Interista which is enough for me.

Beyond that

#BringBackUnique
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:39 am

I've been doing it for so long it's hard to believe it took over a decade for someone to call me out on it.

Though lately I've been doing it to stir some activity rather than personal satisfaction. People actualy think I'm a CR7 fanboy ffs :facepalm: But I let it be, because I'm not the hero GL deserves, but one it needs right now. So Messi fanboys will hunt me. Because I can take it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:41 am

Vibe the secret mastermind to all of GL controversy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:36 pm

I joined here last year, so it is possible the get new members, eveniit'bles a lot harder than it used to be. I thinkif we make posts about this place on social media, then more people can discover it that way. I try to make lots of new threads to contribute to the activity.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:40 pm

Davis wrote:I joined here last year, so it is possible the get new members, eveniit'bles a lot harder than it used to be. I thinkif we make posts about this place on social media, then more people can discover it that way. I try to make lots of new threads to contribute to the activity.

Great idea actually, we used to have a Twitter account before but it got abandoned unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/goallegacy
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:24 pm

I mean advertising on our own social media pages. Like making Facebook posts about the forum for our Facebook friends to see, so then they will know about this place and potentially join.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:50 pm

of course a guy nearly approaching death complains of a forum death.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:of course a guy nearly approaching death complains of a forum death.

This forum has become practically dead - Page 2 Shocked-pikachu
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next