Vibe
FennecFox7
Myesyats
Pedram
futbol_bill
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

This forum has become practically dead - Page 3 Empty Re: This forum has become practically dead

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:of course a guy nearly approaching death complains of a forum death.

This forum has become practically dead - Page 3 Shocked-pikachu

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

This forum has become practically dead - Page 3 Empty Re: This forum has become practically dead

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:39 pm

Bill has seen the entire career of Garrincha though.

Man was a couple years short of seeing the first WC in 1930 ffs, respect :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:57 pm

Bill is insanely old and posts with remarkable contribution. He will always be loved and respected here.

I wish I saw such times of football and that being Live.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:00 pm

honestly. bill and i banter a lot... but i have a lot of respect for him. otherwise i wouldn't bother.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Where does this approaching death come from? I acknowledge that I am considered elderly and have battled a couple of serious health issues. But I am no where near death!

I had noticed the huge drop in postsand discussion since WC, IMO, and thus my post to start this renewed discussion!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:34 pm

Bill will outlive GL imo.

Bill, what was the first football game you've seen? Who were your first football idols, favorite players? First football memories...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:53 pm

Bill the type of mf who hyped Telmo zarra before it was popular
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:06 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Bill is insanely old and posts with remarkable contribution. He will always be loved and respected here.

I have a lot of respect for Bill as well, but the "insanely old" comment made me spill water all over my keyboard Laughing

My great grandparents on both sides of the family lived to become 94-105 years old and were relatively healthy and mentally present when they passed away. Not everyone ages like Joe Biden hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:50 pm

+1 Thimoteus

70 is the new 50
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:59 pm

Vibe wrote:Bill will outlive GL imo.

Bill, what was the first football game you've seen? Who were your first football idols, favorite players? First football memories...

My first live game was in the Di Stefano years. I think it was 1957 as I know I was 10 years old. In those days, it was listening to radio or live. My favourite player has always been Di Stefano. radio’s in those days were as big as the initial TVs! We would pull up chairs and sit around the radio. All liga games were on Sunday at the same time so they would report scores in other games throughout.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:19 pm

not even my grandparents are as old as Bill, i shall respect you, sir
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 pm

About time!

Have you not wondered why I call all of you kids!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:24 pm

Maybe when we're older than we are now we'll still be able be able to look back at these as comfort. Its not as active as it use to be but so long as were fans of the game I feel this we still have a heartbeat. I wouldnt call it dead since soccer gives us a reason to banter anyway.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:56 am

Thimmy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Bill is insanely old and posts with remarkable contribution. He will always be loved and respected here.

I have a lot of respect for Bill as well, but the "insanely old" comment made me spill water all over my keyboard Laughing

My great grandparents on both sides of the family lived to become 94-105 years old and were relatively healthy and mentally present when they passed away. Not everyone ages like Joe Biden hmm

Laughing

Bill's energy alone and being a fellow Español has me respect him by default as he has a lot we can learn from him.

Beautiful to hear they reached such an age, God bless their resting soul.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:26 am

None of y'all ain't diddly. Time spares no one and that also goes for how the flow of information and discourse is spread and/or shared. Like someone else posted. Discord, social media like twitter and facebook, even reddit or 4chan. Other platforms are simply more popular. As for myself, YuGiOh master duel, trolling barca, tigres, wrestling fans on 4chan and reddit has been taking up most of my time besides occasionally lurking about here.

Offtopic but club america >>> tigres >>>>>>> cruz azul >>>>>>>>>>>> veracruz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chivas.

Personally ive always favored the forum software but its somewhat been relegated to support/troubleshoot platforms for software (gaming or professional) nowadays than a platform for sports fans bantering about x > y >>> farcelona fc. It is what it is.

And on that note. The absolute state of whats left of this place. Grim. smoking
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:50 pm

@Bill - there was a certain charm to listening to games on radio. I used to listen to everything on the radio even in the 80s. We jumped on a train now and then to go see a game live. Absolutely nothing on TV other than NT games. Canal+ changed things quite a bit later on in the 80s.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

Football already lost some of its charm
when Riquelme retired.

Wallahu a'lam.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:23 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:

I find what's left of this place better than ever tbh. Only downside is that there ain't a whole lot of us.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:51 am

guest_07 wrote:Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

Football already lost some of its charm
when Riquelme retired.

Wallahu a'lam.

Convinced this is satire by now Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:20 pm

too committed to be satire...
he truly believes in every fibre and bone of his body that Riquelme is the greatest human to have walked on Planet Earth, after Muhammad of course.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:43 pm

I personally like how he greets us with his every post.

I also liked Riquelme very much.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:02 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:None of y'all ain't diddly. Time spares no one and that also goes for how the flow of information and discourse is spread and/or shared. Like someone else posted. Discord, social media like twitter and facebook, even reddit or 4chan. Other platforms are simply more popular. As for myself, YuGiOh master duel, trolling barca, tigres, wrestling fans on 4chan and reddit has been taking up most of my time besides occasionally lurking about here.

Offtopic but club america >>> tigres >>>>>>> cruz azul >>>>>>>>>>>> veracruz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chivas.

Personally ive always favored the forum software but its somewhat been relegated to support/troubleshoot platforms for software (gaming or professional) nowadays than a platform for sports fans bantering about x > y >>> farcelona fc. It is what it is.

Llegamos a 14 wooooooo!!! Sorry had to say that. Tigres still my respect tho and Gignac particalarly.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:16 am

Thoughts on Riquelme winning the Boca president reelection?

Rumor has it River fans celebrated more than Boca ones that day...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:21 am

River fans happy this season. The loss at Porto Allegre was sort of a bitter one but they go on to win the league and they got back a lot of the squad from 2017 I noticed. Im particalarly happy at Nacho Fernandez return to them. Here's hoping they land the next Liberatadores.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:47 pm

I blame the mid season world cup for this
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:17 pm

how? we were fairly active back then
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next