Jay29
Lex
EL Patron
Sri
Amar
48 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:TBF to Ballague when he says this confidently that a fee is agreed he is usually OK.He has reveled stuff about spanish Liverpool players deal before the media gets.Its when he says stuff like closing in on ,really interested and other similar things he really takes the piss.

Mate, if you got this right, then I'm going to be a pretty happy man. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:why cant cesc play for one last time Sad ?

He probably fears he may not be wanted by Barca next season if he stays this year.Its more likely that Guardiola will not be coach next year and there is no guarentee that new coach too would want Cesc and also there is a real chance Thiago might establish himself making Cesc not needed for Barca.I dont think he wants to take such a huge risk.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:40 pm

Cesc will be Arsenal come next season, and if Wenegr can bring Mata that would be good news for Cesc another Spanish team mate would do him good.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
RealGunner wrote:why cant cesc play for one last time Sad ?

He probably fears he may not be wanted by Barca next season if he stays this year.Its more likely that Guardiola will not be coach next year and there is no guarentee that new coach too would want Cesc and also there is a real chance Thiago might establish himself making Cesc not needed for Barca.I dont think he wants to take such a huge risk.

no i meant one match only. For example against benfica maybe
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

I do wonder if its possible that we will have Nasri, Fabregas and Mata all at the club come september 1st
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:I do wonder if its possible that we will have Nasri, Fabregas and Mata all at the club come september 1st

I wonder too.. Seems so unlike Wenger to do such a thing!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Fellas Ali Sisicco (spp) is again linked with us. Wenger needs to pounce on the opportunity. He does not have the french league as his personal wc player cultivating farm anymore. PSG will be our biggest competitor on the market lol... ne ways what do you make of this rumor? would you welcome it?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Now more talk of Mata, this time from Mirror..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Mata is great. How would we place him in our starting 11? There is no way in hell that he is going to be benched. What does this mean to players like Ramsey, and walcott?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:10 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Mata is great. How would we place him in our starting 11? There is no way in hell that he is going to be benched. What does this mean to players like Ramsey, and walcott?

Well it'll be simple if Nasri or Cesc leave..

In the highly unlikely situation that we do start this season with all three of them, I think it would be great in terms of squad depth and rotation.. We play enough and more games to ensure everyone gets their fair share of the cake! Not to forget the injuries -.-"

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:18 pm

Wilshere Song Ramsey do not look like they are made out of glass, unlike their predecessors. I dont want Wenger to compromise those 3. Those 3 are the players we need to build the team around imo
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:19 pm

The Mata signing would be with the bigger picture in mind, and that bigger picture being:

Fabregas and Nasri leaving
Walcott playing as a striker
The aging of Arshavin and Rosicky

Mata is only 23/24, and now might be the only opportunity to sign for a good price.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:26 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Wilshere Song Ramsey do not look like they are made out of glass, unlike their predecessors. I dont want Wenger to compromise those 3. Those 3 are the players we need to build the team around imo

Adding on to what Jay has already pointed out:

Although Jack and Rambo and Song are strong, we can't and shouldn't be playing them in each and every game!! Some say the reason for Cesc's injuries of late is because he played 50+ games in his youth in every season.. I don't want to see Jack or Ramsey (especially Ramsey, we know Jack is a strong lad) go through something of that sort by exerting themselves excessively physically.

Song - we saw his form dip last season and it was said to be down to fatigue.. The point is, in order not to compromise them in the long run, we need to make sure they don't over-exert themselves now.. And that is why rotation is important..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 pm

ok I see what you guys are saying, but surely as Ramsey or Wilshere.... do you not think its a slap in thier face to have to make way for someone who is going to walk straight into the starting 11 at best, when they have worked soo hard to finally retain that position? Btw physically and mentally Rambo is probably stronger than Jack (Ramsey was a rugby player, or had the opportunity to choose between the 2 at an earlier stage of his sporting career).

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 pm

Mata doesn't play Wilshere's or Ramsey's position, though, so I don't see your point.

Mata is a left winger who can play centrally. The players he would compete with would be Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky and Fabregas.

Ramsey and Wilshere will compete with each other for one MC spot.

The way I see it, we will eventually lose both Fabregas and Nasri which will open two spots: one for Mata, the other for Ramsey.

The most interesting thing about this possible transfer is the effect it may have on Ryo Miyaichi. Wenger is trying to get a permit for him so he obviously has plans for him, but if we add another attacker his opportunities are going to be limited.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Rotation is fine so as long as the players comming in know that they are backups imo... Still speaking form an economical standpoint, Mata is a smart move ! He will sell a lot of jerseys in Spain and other parts of the world and lift the arsenalo brand to a new height. btw I am not under appreciating what Mata will bring to our team. I am excited about him joining us as much as the rest of you guys. I just find it funny that Wenger refused to buy Xabi Alonso so that ir would not affect Deneilsons growth. However he is bringing in someone that will clearly hinder Jack/ramseys playing time (who actually show huge potential unlike deneilson )
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:45 pm

I hope Wenger is looking for a striker cus we dont have a proper back up for RVP.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Mata doesn't play Wilshere's or Ramsey's position, though, so I don't see your point.

Mata is a left winger who can play centrally. The players he would compete with would be Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky and Fabregas.

Ramsey and Wilshere will compete with each other for one MC spot.

The way I see it, we will eventually lose both Fabregas and Nasri which will open two spots: one for Mata, the other for Ramsey.

The most interesting thing about this possible transfer is the effect it may have on Ryo Miyaichi. Wenger is trying to get a permit for him so he obviously has plans for him, but if we add another attacker his opportunities are going to be limited.

This is what i mean though. If we play a 3 man mid, where else would he go ? He will have to take one of Jack or Aarons place no? I cant see wenger putting him in the front line as Gervinho will hold that place. On the other side Walcott has got that on lock

--------RVP
Gerv---Mata-------Ramsey
-----Wilshere---Song
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:48 pm

Walcott hasn't been given a shot there yet. He could be good. And as far as i know, Gervinho can play as a striker. Plus not to mention Chamakh is just having a hard time right now. At the start of the last season he was fantastic. Buy another forward and where does that leave Chamakh?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm

I see your point on their playing times mate.. But Jay pointed it rightly, that Mata wouldn't really hamper their positions..

Again, there are a lot of reasons why I think it is uncharacteristic of Wenger to break bank on Mata.. It seems so unlike him! And tbh, I am still skeptical, at best, about this potential signing..

But be it Mata or Nasri or even Fabregas, under Wenger, only the players who perform are guaranteed their spots, and he still tries to rotate keeping player fatigues in mind.. I think Mata would walk into the starting XI only if he plays well enough to do that, and technically, he is sound enough to be there..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:59 pm

We need striker, if something happens to RVP we are screwed.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:

This is what i mean though. If we play a 3 man mid, where else would he go ? He will have to take one of Jack or Aarons place no? I cant see wenger putting him in the front line as Gervinho will hold that place. On the other side Walcott has got that on lock

--------RVP
Gerv---Mata-------Ramsey
-----Wilshere---Song

He wouldn't take one of Wilshere's or Ramsey's place.

Gervinho will play on the right hand side mostly. If Mata comes in he'll play left. Wilshere and Ramsey will play behind them in the double pivot.

Between injuries, suspension and the sheer amount of games we'll play, everyone will get a shot.

In saying that, I'm still doubtful of Mata coming in this summer. Fabregas will have to leave first and who knows when this is going to happen. Could be now, could be on deadline day, could in January... who knows?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

Theo deserves a chance. He has always performed when we needed him to.
Man United , Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, vila real, porto... there were the games that walcott shined in. I feel like Gervinho and Walcott wll make a good pairring when RVP is injured.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:24 am

http://www.footie-online.co.uk/2011/07/wenger-looks-to-france-for-new-left-back/3536/

check this out ... tell me if you guys see this deal falling through
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am

Don't think we'll go for another LB but I have heard some good things about Cissokho..

We are most likely to be dealing for a CB.. And Mata if rumours are anything to go by..

But a LB? Really don't see 15 odd million being spent on that..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 am

But it should be spent on that. Gibbs is gonna cost us more this season than Clichy did last season
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next