guest7
Lex
RealGunner
nj
del_boy
41 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Luis Suarez appretiation thread.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Luis Suarez appretiation thread.

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:36 am

Lionel Messi wrote:He knew exactly what he was doing and should take full blame.

The butt hurt is strong in this one.

Seriously, are you a mind reader or something?

It is infinity more dishonorable to score using handballs than to defend incoming balls using your hand, since the former is rarely caught while the latter is rarely not caught and the perpetrators, if conscious of their action know that they are probably going to be red carded and a penalty will be given.

Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez appretiation thread.  - Page 7 Empty Re: Luis Suarez appretiation thread.

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 am

So what Lord Spence is saying is that if there were 10 Ghanian players standing on that line, and the shot was coming in, at least three of them would have stopped it with their hands while 5 hid their faces and 2 ran away.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. If Gyan was shooting, and 10 Ghanian players were standing in goal, NONE of them would try and stop the ball with their hands. They might protect their faces, they might run away, but they will not try to stop the ball with their hands.

They are aware of the situation, they know that a player is going to shoot. Same situation with Suarez, except that he didn't want the ball to go in. He knew a shot was coming, and he chose to try and block it with his hand. Sorry mate, but its not a "reflex action" as you're trying to pass it.

Not that I'm saying I encourage what he did, nor do I blame him for anything really...He did what he had to do for his country. I'd have probably done the same, but to try and rid him of all blame makes no sense to me
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

It is a reflex in as much that he did decide to stop the ball consciously, but he didn't have time to overthink his decision (especially an overly emotional player like Suarez). It's mainly "MUST STOP BALL" do it, reflex.

It is only the logical thing to do in such a situation.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 am

Not sure what the fuss is about handball.Every player who cares about the country rather than himself would have done exactly the same.If a player isnt prepared to do that he shouldnt play for the national team.As simple as that.

Someone who pretends he wouldnt have done that is either lying or care only for personal glory.Then in that case they are not fit enough to play for their NT.Even Gyan himself admitted he would have done the same.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am

It was a shameful way to derail the real purpose of the thread.

No need to ask who did it, very obvious who it was.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am

Iceman wrote:So what Lord Spence is saying is that if there were 10 Ghanian players standing on that line, and the shot was coming in, at least three of them would have stopped it with their hands while 5 hid their faces and 2 ran away.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense. If Gyan was shooting, and 10 Ghanian players were standing in goal, NONE of them would try and stop the ball with their hands. They might protect their faces, they might run away, but they will not try to stop the ball with their hands.

They are aware of the situation, they know that a player is going to shoot. Same situation with Suarez, except that he didn't want the ball to go in. He knew a shot was coming, and he chose to try and block it with his hand. Sorry mate, but its not a "reflex action" as you're trying to pass it.

Not that I'm saying I encourage what he did, nor do I blame him for anything really...He did what he had to do for his country. I'd have probably done the same, but to try and rid him of all blame makes no sense to me

If they were not aware of the situation, that would have been correct. But you are right, the players are all concentrated enough that they expect the ball to be shot. So my reflex reaction explanation does not completely cover hold water here.

However, although you are correct in summarizing that Suarez expected the ball, and hence was ready to swat it away if necessary, you cannot say that was actively conscious when the ball came into his line of sight. There was less than a second when Suarez saw the ball and when he swatted it away.

The active awareness of the players of the ball being in play would mean that Ghana players would try to get away from the path of the ball, while Uruguay players would try to get in the path of the ball, while a good number would either duck or cover their faces.

However, Suarez did not have the time to decide how to stop the ball so he just "reacted" to the stimuli by swatting the ball.

This may not be a "reflex" but is still classified as a reaction, therefore not completely conscious. Just like the act of holding a knife up when being charged from the front, you do so because it is you knowledge that it is the best way to stop the charge, but you still did not consciously control the motion.

I am sure many of us would have made the same reaction if it was an ally game, so how about the tension of a quarter final.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Maradona scored a goal with his hand deliberately Very Happy Oh, wait he was some small fry in football world Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 pm

ynwa wrote:He got sent off did he not? He did the crime, he got sent off. I don't see how he "cheated."

Also, what disrespectul f*ck wants a players leg to break?
Never said I wanted it to, I said I wouldn't care if it did.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:22 pm

izzy26 wrote:It was a shameful way to derail the real purpose of the thread.

No need to ask who did it, very obvious who it was.
Thread isn't derailed, the topic is still about Suarez.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7