RedOranje
McAgger
Lex
gondov
white_star
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Koscielny: Luis Suarez is a cheat. Empty Koscielny: Luis Suarez is a cheat.

Post by white_star Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Discuss!

Let's keep this civil but what do people think about Suarez all opinions are welcome so nobody get upset if somone says something bad.

What do you guys think about Koscielnys comments? What are your views on diving?

All opinions welcome and no whining or getting upset please let's have a proper discussion.

Football - Premier League
Koscielny: Suarez is a diver and a cheat
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has accused Liverpool striker Luis Suarez of being a "cheat" who likes to dive.

Suarez's conduct on the pitch has been the subject of scrutiny for the past week after Stoke City manager Tony Pulis called on the Football Association to ban the Uruguayan after an alleged piece of simulation in a Premier League tie on October 7.

FIFA vice-president Jim Boyce subsequently criticised Suarez, who after being defended by manager Brendan Rodgers following Pulis's comments also said he was "not interested" in what Boyce had to say.

But now Koscielny has ensured Suarez's behaviour is up for debate once again.

“Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez," Koscielny said to L'Equipe. “Last season I didn’t feel too well. It was a match at 12.30pm and I don’t like that schedule.

“He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows. You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be sent off.

“For example on September 2 against Liverpool, it was the case with Luis Suarez.

“He is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact. During a challenge we jostled a bit each other and he fell.

"He started to talk to me in English, to say it was a penalty.”

Eurosport - 10/15/12 6:03 AM

white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Koscielny: Luis Suarez is a cheat. Empty Re: Koscielny: Luis Suarez is a cheat.

Post by gondov Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 pm

He isnt that much of a cheat tbh.

Most people are now just jumping on the bandwagon it seems. His past WC exploits and his racist scandal dont help either and make him a good target.

Suarez has good skill and may now and then try and trick officials, but not to this extent.

Young was actually worse than him at one point I think.

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 pm

gondov wrote:He isnt that much of a cheat tbh.

Most people are now just jumping on the bandwagon it seems. His past WC exploits and his racist scandal dont help either and make him a good target.

Suarez has good skill and may now and then try and trick officials, but not to this extent.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 pm

People tend to go over board sometimes.

For example with Busquets (his face thing during CL semi-final) or Ronaldo (CL vs Milan). Once you do that in a high profile game, then that label is stuck with you for a long time.

However many players over-exaggerate fouls , Drogba for example. The big guy dived so much last season but wasnt labelled a diver. Arbeloa is another example too but isn't labelled a diver. Also Ivanovc , I can go on and on.

The one player whom you can say remarkably avoids diving is the one and only LIONEL MESSI !! Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't know forwards were supposed to play to the satisfaction of defenders. Laughing of course Koscielny hates forwards like Suarez. He keeps raping him left and right ffs. And Koscielny says himself that Suarez goes down when there's contact, he obviously tries to milk the contact too much for everyone's liking. If Suarez is a cheater than %90 football player must also be cheaters because they all do it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 pm

So Suarez does the same thing 99% of other forwards and players do (pulls shits, shoves, goes down with contact) and he's singled out as a cheat? And that's the ONLY part of the comments worth noting for the OP?

And why in the world would Suarez bother telling Kosc he thought it was a penalty? Did he think Kosc would petition the ref for him or what? That bit sounds like nonsense to me...or again, Suarez doing what just about every forward does, calling for a penalty after being knocked over in the box. Reads like a defender attempting to defend a poor performance more than anything else; he even threw out a complaint about the time of the match.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 am

Lex wrote:
gondov wrote:He isnt that much of a cheat tbh.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry

You did point out some valuable and interesting points towards this issue, credit to you. However I have to stick to my original observation and thanks for your contribution. :coffee:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 am

I like to think my comment was as impactful to the topic as yours was
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 am

He has cheated in the past.

Does that make him a cheat? I suppose.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 am

This was talked about in the Arsenal section, don't be mislead by the title.

In the words of the main man himself:

RealGunner wrote:The headline is misleading. He didn't Snap at Suarez. The question was which is the most difficult striker he has had to mark

It was supposed to be a compliment to suarez but somehow it's been turned into a "blast"
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 am

I am really getting tired of this media witch hunt of Suarez. I admit that he has a dark side that reared it's ugly head when he was at Ajax, but it's not a reason for there to be a thread about this every week. Drogba was as big of a cheat, Rooney dived to end Arsenal's unbeaten run etc

I realluy don't understand this witch hunt. I sense Sir Alex is behind this. I have been lurking for a few weeks after Ajax's toothless display against Madrid hence my lack of posting. I have been sulking an unfortunately questioning my reasons for watching football. That;s by the wayside. I saw United fans especially complain and talk about cheating, when their manager is quite possibly the most corrupt entity in football behind Blatter.

How dare Manchester United fans complain about Juventus as well. Suarez might dive, but so does Ashley Young. Yet there isn't a thread about it every week. This has to stop. This is the reason I stopped watching English football generally, the bias is disgusting.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 am

Suarez gets all the hate for the cheat tag.

Yet no one, and absolutely no one, mentions the 2 bigger divers in the league, Ash Young and Bale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:54 am

Schweini wrote:Suarez gets all the hate for the cheat tag.

Yet no one, and absolutely no one, mentions the 2 bigger divers in the league, Ash Young and Bale

Kinda like how Giggs got away with cheating while JT is constantly hated on?

I find this thread hilarious tbh. The English Media suck yet no one complains when it happens to other clubs. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:00 am

Exactly. Manchester United's players through the years get no stick. Ronaldo, Nani and now Ashley Young. It's just silly to start nit picking on specific players.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:02 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:

Exactly. Manchester United's players through the years get no stick. Ronaldo, Nani and now Ashley Young. It's just silly to start nit picking on specific players.

Or to start treating players equally regardless of their club?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 am

Kick wrote:Kinda like how Giggs got away with cheating while JT is constantly hated on?
Either your memory is starting to go or I've been massively duped by the dozens of forums and sites bashing Giggs
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 am

Lex wrote:
Kick wrote:Kinda like how Giggs got away with cheating while JT is constantly hated on?
Either your memory is starting to go or I've been massively duped by the dozens of forums and sites bashing Giggs

to the extent of JT?

It never gets mentioned around here while JT is a regular.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 am

Perhaps because A. JT loves to bask in this "indomitable lion of the country" gimmick and that can do no wrong and B. Giggs isn't as prominent a feature in Utd's set-up as John Terry is in Chelsea's. There's more opportunity to bring up that he's a scum back than there is for Giggs
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 am

CBarca wrote:This was talked about in the Arsenal section, don't be mislead by the title.

In the words of the main man himself:

RealGunner wrote:The headline is misleading. He didn't Snap at Suarez. The question was which is the most difficult striker he has had to mark

It was supposed to be a compliment to suarez but somehow it's been turned into a "blast"

I actually found the real interview and sure as hell media twisted his words. Like RG said, what Koscielny said was meant as more of a compliment than a blast at Luis.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 am

Lol, sometimes I get annoyed when people forget the concepts. A dive is when you take a fall when no one touches you for the sake of recieving a foul. Most players (like Busquests, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Dive Maria, Surarez etc.) tend to over exaggerate the contact that the opposition player made.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 am

Suarez dives a bit, more often than other forwards but I wouldn't label him as a cheat as many other attackers do it and it's (unfortunately) part of the game.

His last dive was jumped on by the media (it was pretty bad) and he'll probably have the label of a cheat for awhile from all that media attention.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 am

Seeing Suarez name alone reminds me of the word cheat.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 am

The Sanchez wrote:Lol, sometimes I get annoyed when people forget the concepts. A dive is when you take a fall when no one touches you for the sake of recieving a foul. Most players (like Busquests, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Dive Maria, Surarez etc.) tend to over exaggerate the contact that the opposition player made.

uh.... are you for real haha?

a dive is when you decide to fall down even if you could stay on your feet, contact or no contact. there's no debate on that. no offence, but maybe you watch too many barca games? that may have warped your viewpoint a bit
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 am

andiii wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Lol, sometimes I get annoyed when people forget the concepts. A dive is when you take a fall when no one touches you for the sake of recieving a foul. Most players (like Busquests, Sanchez, Ronaldo, Dive Maria, Surarez etc.) tend to over exaggerate the contact that the opposition player made.

uh.... are you for real haha?

a dive is when you decide to fall down even if you could stay on your feet, contact or no contact. there's no debate on that. no offence, but maybe you watch too many barca games? that may have warped your viewpoint a bit

This includes even if a player loses his balance after contact, and falls, but had he tried could have stayed on his feet?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 am

lmao at the headline in English papers

The question to koscielny in the french interview was

" Which is the most difficult striker you have had to mark so far "

in respond to that, Koscielny said suarez and gave reasons to why. At no point in the interview he said the word "Cheat" or "Diver"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next