Abramovich
Gil
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Josh McEachran Watch - 11/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Josh McEachran Watch - 11/12

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Well, he looks like the real deal.

@ Chelsea fans. How many appearances do you think he is going to make this season for the first team?

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm

kiranr wrote:Well, he looks like the real deal.

@ Chelsea fans. How many appearances do you think he is going to make this season for the first team?

Definitely more than last season (had 17 appearances but too low starts) seeing as Villas-Boas doesn't favor one particular group, and this season he will be much more productive seeing as he won't be played as a DM like he was with Carlo for some reason. Can see him being a super sub at least, and if he is consistent a starter because he has creativity we need. However, things will be different if we sign Modric because he will be directly blocking him, but I'm sure we will sign Pastore in a few days and that will be the end of that.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Gil wrote:Disagree.

Wilshere is a fantastic talent as we all know and is probably better player at this moment in time by the virtue of having played more top-level games, but that doesn't necessarily equate to him being more talented McEachran IMO. I love Wilshere's competitive edge and his bulldog instinct in the middle of the park..on the ball however McEachran is much better.

More natural on the ball, can spot a pass much better, has a lot more skill and is deceptively quick. Iniesta like if you will.

As good as Wilshere is he's still lacking that final pass at this point in his career and he isn't really as skillful as everyone tries to make out. You rarely see him do anything amazing with the ball unlike players in his age group of similar talent eg. Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson Laughing etc. Josh definitely has that in his locker though.

Two of them together would make one hell of a midfield duo though. Hopefully, Capello is out of the job soon so it'll happen in the near future.

I completely disagree with you on the bold points. Wilshere was in a limited role as a holding mid. He's naturally an attacking midfielder. If he excelled as a holding midfielder when he's naturally an attacking midfielder, time will only tell what he can do as an attacking midfielder. I fail to see how you think the people you stated have better movement on the ball then Wilshere based on the sample size. Thiago doesn't even start for Barca; he may excel in Barca B, but thats Barca B. McEachran has a small sample size of games in which you can really tell if he's better then anybody at anything. In the games he did play, he struggled.. Henderson is not better then Wilshere with on the ball movement. I haven't really watched Eriksen enough to tell any information. The only game where I saw him was the England game, but my friends who watch the dutch league say he's very average.. If you saw Wilshere when he was in reserves.. His on the ball movement is amazing..

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:16 pm

CLEB wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
Iceman wrote:
I also fail to see this "On the ball, Josh is definitely better" ?

I think he means McEachran's more agile on the ball. He certainly looks to have a quicker turn and foot speed than Jack.

welcome to the forums m8 Very Happy

Cheers fella. I used to be a member of the original (rarely posted) and thought I'd look in again.

what club do you support? :king:

Chelsea, naturally Cool

Hello mate.. welcome to the forums... please take a look around at the Chelsea section as well and introduce yourself Smile We need numbers Thumbs up
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Flick wrote:
Gil wrote:Disagree.

Wilshere is a fantastic talent as we all know and is probably better player at this moment in time by the virtue of having played more top-level games, but that doesn't necessarily equate to him being more talented McEachran IMO. I love Wilshere's competitive edge and his bulldog instinct in the middle of the park..on the ball however McEachran is much better.

More natural on the ball, can spot a pass much better, has a lot more skill and is deceptively quick. Iniesta like if you will.

As good as Wilshere is he's still lacking that final pass at this point in his career and he isn't really as skillful as everyone tries to make out. You rarely see him do anything amazing with the ball unlike players in his age group of similar talent eg. Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson Laughing etc. Josh definitely has that in his locker though.

Two of them together would make one hell of a midfield duo though. Hopefully, Capello is out of the job soon so it'll happen in the near future.

I completely disagree with you on the bold points. Wilshere was in a limited role as a holding mid. He's naturally an attacking midfielder. If he excelled as a holding midfielder when he's naturally an attacking midfielder, time will only tell what he can do as an attacking midfielder. I fail to see how you think the people you stated have better movement on the ball then Wilshere based on the sample size. Thiago doesn't even start for Barca; he may excel in Barca B, but thats Barca B. McEachran has a small sample size of games in which you can really tell if he's better then anybody at anything. In the games he did play, he struggled.. Henderson is not better then Wilshere with on the ball movement. I haven't really watched Eriksen enough to tell any information. The only game where I saw him was the England game, but my friends who watch the dutch league say he's very average.. If you saw Wilshere when he was in reserves.. His on the ball movement is amazing..

I understand your zest to defend Wilshere and i am also a big Wilshere fan. He does have excellent on the ball movement and i dont really agree with Gil there.

You mention how Thiago has only played for Barca B (he has already played in the first team last season and done well) and did well. Yet, you use Wilshere's time in the reserves to prove his on the ball movement. That is contradictory.

I have not really seen the other players so i cannot comment on them, but the point is you do not have to downgrade these players to prove Wilshere has excellent on the ball movement and skills.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Gil jinxing at it's worst. Sad

He's going on loan to Swansea though. Allen, Britton and McEachran :bow:

Such a shame he hasn't been given a proper chance this season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Good thing he's going to Swansea.
Rodgers has worked with him at Chelsea no doubt.
Swansea will play the sort of football where he can progress.
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:05 pm

rich man's Wilshere loool
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Maybe we should send Chamberlain on loan to Swansea as well.

Britton --- Allen --- McEachran

Chamberlain --- Graham --- Sinclair

:bow:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Gil wrote:Similar to the Sturridge watch in the old forums except McEachran will be starting for Chelsea this time around. :coffee:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 pm

bhends wrote:
Gil wrote:Similar to the Sturridge watch in the old forums except McEachran will be starting for Chelsea this time around. :coffee:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The jinx master. He needs to keep his mouth shut :lol!:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 am

bhends wrote:

Crying or Very sad

GoonerJay29 wrote:Maybe we should send Chamberlain on loan to Swansea as well.

Britton --- Allen --- McEachran

Chamberlain --- Graham --- Sinclair

:bow:

Chambo :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BestInTheWorld Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Never heard of him. Is he good???? Probably should go on loan to get some playing time though. Worked wonders for Bruma.

BestInTheWorld
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3