Babun
Toffer Harley
Sushi Master
InterMalia
The BoyWonder
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history - Page 2 Empty Re: Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 am

No Offence but Europeans are Arrogant People....

I am European by the way....

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history - Page 2 Empty Re: Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history

Post by TheBlueArmy Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 am

Sushi Master wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:I hope this topic is not serious...

If it is, then this is a joke. Copa America is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Euro Cup. I don't care how many Copa America's a country won, European countries dominate football
10 WCs against 9 WCs is dominating?

The fact that european countries are consistently in the semi-finals, yes they do dominate. South America hold their hopes on Brazil, Argentina, and now Uruguay. Europe puts their hopes on Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, France, England...
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:23 am

rsinatra wrote:I hope Uruguay rise up again.

I don't miss uruguay4life.

I was glad to see Forlan scoring a brace btw, I really like that guy.

P.S. Uruguay's and Argentina's advantages in South America are language and culture. Brazil has always been the outcast, that's why we rarely did win Copa América in the past, unless it was played in Brazil.
That's a horrible excuse, they haven't won it as much because they aren't as good.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 am

Chad wrote:1 World Cup is worth 50 Copa América
Typical Brazilian excuse for not being successful in the Copa.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamuro Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:29 am

Charrua wrote:This doesn't mean much to me. Sure it's a positive Smile. But..... the Copa America Win was much more important. We didn't play pretty, but they made evryone proud they worked hard and that's all that was required they beyond and won Smile. The past happened, we celebrate the now Smile. One step at a time. Smile I'm not gonna say we were better then Brazil Argentina or Chile or anyone cause that's not in my place to say. The squad made me proud and thats all I really care about Smile

The Peñarol fan!

You were missed.
Zamuro
Zamuro
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:I hope this topic is not serious...

If it is, then this is a joke. Copa America is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Euro Cup. I don't care how many Copa America's a country won, European countries dominate football
10 WCs against 9 WCs is dominating?

The fact that european countries are consistently in the semi-finals, yes they do dominate. South America hold their hopes on Brazil, Argentina, and now Uruguay. Europe puts their hopes on Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Portugal, France, England...
Huh, recent history? Yeah, no shit European sides will do better. You had a WC in France, Germany and in South Africa, which is pretty much an European colony. The neutral ground, Japan-Korea, we had Brazil raping everyone.

In Germany, European advantage and all, in the quarterfinals there were still 2 American sides. In South Africa there were more American sides than European sides in the quarterfinals. 4 against 3. Sure, individually most European sides are superior on paper, but pretty much all American sides are tough to beat. True WC contenders are Brazil and Argentina, yet you still have Uruguay and Paraguay who play very well.

Just wait till 2014 to see our home advantage at work.

Also... England and Portugal are master chokers, world class team or no. Spain only recently broke the curse.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Where's Charrua, btw?

I wonder if he'll be able to beat himself up.

His humbleness is just too extreme, IMO.

Bizzaro uruguay4life Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2