Babun
Toffer Harley
Sushi Master
InterMalia
The BoyWonder
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history Empty Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:29 pm

A total of 20 FIFA titles makes Uruguay the number 1 football nation in history of football.

15 Copa Americas and 2 World Cup titles as the most important trophies. It's really impressive by such a small nation.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history Empty Re: Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history

Post by InterMalia Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm

15 Copa Americas...In comparison how many have Brazil and Argentina won?
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history Empty Re: Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:38 pm

14 Argentina, 8 Brazil.

Most underrated NT of all time, IMO. They even have 2 World Cups. Too bad they were ages ago, but I'd love to see them restored to former glory and have more than 2 superpowers in SA.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:39 pm

they won the most copa americas now. but CA is nowhere near the level of the European Championship so you can't use that as a standard.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:51 pm

but considering Uruguay's geographical size and population size, it's damn impressive even more so considering the fact that they have to fight Brazil and Argentina for the trophy.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Congrats to them, they showed skill and spirit Thumbs up
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Nice, they really are very under rated.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Uruguay is now the most succesful nation in FIFA's history Garra_charrua

Congtualations to Uruguay.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Kudos to uruguay.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:but considering Uruguay's geographical size and population size, it's damn impressive even more so considering the fact that they have to fight Brazil and Argentina for the trophy.

not disagreeing with that. however, "most successful team in fifa history" is a bit strong...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Awesome feat.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:but considering Uruguay's geographical size and population size, it's damn impressive even more so considering the fact that they have to fight Brazil and Argentina for the trophy.

not disagreeing with that. however, "most successful team in fifa history" is a bit strong...

lol no it isnt. what would you measure success by other than trophies?

whoever has the most would be considered the most successful, no?

and most successful doesnt necessarily saying that they're the best either

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:41 am

lenear1030 wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:

yea, if u won the freakin pool tournament in your local pub 1500 times, does that also make u one of the best pool players in the world?

it's outrageous to measure such things in absolute numbers of "trophies". the quality of CA is far away from that of the EC, which was underlined by last year's WC where 3 of the 4 semi finalists were from Europe. who cares if brazil and argentina are there? it's just two teams ffs. after all they prolly play each other first and then uruguay or whoever just needs a lucky day against the winner of that respective match and the great CA trophy is basically already in the bag.

u gotta put such things in relation, that's just how it is. or u can just go on about such meaningless statistics, which are totally worth a debate...

after all, u do realize that the CA or the african cup are more frequently played than the EC for instance? and no, i wouldn't use any trophy as the measurement for success as a whole. only the world-cup titles should be the standard for that. they measure how often you've been better than the whole rest of the world.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:51 am

Surely you mean Argentina?

6 World Cups
29 Copa Americas
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:15 am

I hope Uruguay rise up again.

I don't miss uruguay4life.

I was glad to see Forlan scoring a brace btw, I really like that guy.

P.S. Uruguay's and Argentina's advantages in South America are language and culture. Brazil has always been the outcast, that's why we rarely did win Copa América in the past, unless it was played in Brazil.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 am

Where's Charrua, btw?

I wonder if he'll be able to beat himself up.

His humbleness is just too extreme, IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:18 am

Toffer Harley wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:

yea, if u won the freakin pool tournament in your local pub 1500 times, does that also make u one of the best pool players in the world?

it's outrageous to measure such things in absolute numbers of "trophies". the quality of CA is far away from that of the EC, which was underlined by last year's WC where 3 of the 4 semi finalists were from Europe. who cares if brazil and argentina are there? it's just two teams ffs. after all they prolly play each other first and then uruguay or whoever just needs a lucky day against the winner of that respective match and the great CA trophy is basically already in the bag.

u gotta put such things in relation, that's just how it is. or u can just go on about such meaningless statistics, which are totally worth a debate...

after all, u do realize that the CA or the african cup are more frequently played than the EC for instance? and no, i wouldn't use any trophy as the measurement for success as a whole. only the world-cup titles should be the standard for that. they measure how often you've been better than the whole rest of the world.

if you correctly interpret what i said, i pointed out that the most 'successful' team would be the one with the most trophies.

you're busy trying to undermine the copa saying that it doesnt measure up to the euros etc. that wasnt at all what i was arguing. in fact i even said the most successful team may not necessarily be the best.

and if you aren't basing success on the total of trophies (which is what the thread is about) then what criteria are you using? do you have some intricate weighting system that differentiates between the importance of euro championships vs. sa championships vs. african championships vs. WC's etc. etc.? that would be a bit petty anyways.

and someone said argentina had the most trophies. if that's the case then it's them who are the most successful
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 am

totally registered everything u said earlier already but u apparently didn't do the same for my post. as u can see there seem to be different definitions of success and i told u mine.

and just because the thread is seemingly about absolute numbers of random trophies equaling success then i don't have to agree with that. i was tryin to point out how misleading that statement is.

what's petty is the kind of weighting you are using. if people would discuss statistics without any meaning all day u wouldn't even need such forums - it's without any substance.

just say they got a shitload of random silverware as well as two worldcup titles but most successful - hell no. that would be a slap in the face for greater football nations sry.

Last edited by Toffer Harley on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Surely you mean Argentina?

6 World Cups
29 Copa Americas
I see what you did there...

6 WCs? I'm guessing you're counting 1990?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:10 am

Argentina has won 2 World Cups. Don't know how many Copa Americas. But, the Copa America is not anywhere near the European Championship, sorry but that's a fact.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:28 am

This doesn't mean much to me. Sure it's a positive Smile. But..... the Copa America Win was much more important. We didn't play pretty, but they made evryone proud they worked hard and that's all that was required they beyond and won Smile. The past happened, we celebrate the now Smile. One step at a time. Smile I'm not gonna say we were better then Brazil Argentina or Chile or anyone cause that's not in my place to say. The squad made me proud and thats all I really care about Smile
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:34 am

1 World Cup is worth 50 Copa América
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:46 am

I hope this topic is not serious...

If it is, then this is a joke. Copa America is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Euro Cup. I don't care how many Copa America's a country won, European countries dominate football
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:21 am

TheBlueArmy wrote:I hope this topic is not serious...

If it is, then this is a joke. Copa America is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the Euro Cup. I don't care how many Copa America's a country won, European countries dominate football
10 WCs against 9 WCs is dominating?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:05 am

No Offence but Europeans are Arrogant People....

I am European by the way....
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next