McAgger
FootballFan92
Red Alert
Ganso
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6 months on- Thoughts on Fernando Torres?

Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_lcap6%Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_lcap24%Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_lcap35%Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_lcap18%Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_lcap17%Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Empty Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:44 pm

So during Chelsea's tour in Malaysia, when they were doing marketing stuff like advertising and showing up for the fans..Torres just walked straight to the line without signing any autographs and went straight to the hotel's lobby...However, a LFC fan wich his #9 Torres LFC jersey asked him to sign it for him and he did it with a huge grin on his face Smile
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright...In 2 days, it's been 6 months since the day Suarez' fee was agreed and the same night Torres handed in his transfer request....How do you feel about Torres ?

Have you forgiven him and what he said about LFC in his first few interviews with Chelsea TV ?
Do you miss his chant? etc

I have to feel for Torres. I think, he is in place of a man who was married to a super hot chick, who happened to be an Alcoholic (LFC under G+H)...and he decided he can't take it anymore and went for the next chick that showed him a flash. NOW, he looks back and sees his ex has cleaned up and is looking as hot and kind as the first day he fell in love with her initially. But he has re-married and can't make it back.

Bit of a shame for him, ain't it Sad Probably he didn't rate Suarez and thought he'll be the next Kezman who Luis signed from Eredisive as Torres believe Suarez as only signing is January wasn't enough ...at least he has Kalou alongside him now , eh Twisted Evil

Favourite Torres goal: vs Man U (1-4)
Favourite Torres celebration: vs Real Madrid (4-0)
Worst Torres moment: When he didn't chase a through ball by Stevie in our 2-0 loss @ Everton this seaon and Carra yelled at him for lack of passion.

Shame about him. We all loved him, but he could have been more decent and gave his all like Tevez (who also wants outta City, but doesn't sulk) ..because if he did, and for example didn't act like a total thick c*nt at Spurs away...we may have been in the CL and everything would have been more rosy.

I will be there for when he comes back to Anfield ...I think the crowd will be nice to him Smile

Back to top Go down

Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Empty Re: Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Favourite Torres goal: vs Blackburn [ the volley ]
Favourite Torres celebration: vs Chelsea 2-0
Worst Torres moment: The transfer request.

I don't know if i like him anymore but i know this much that he is the best striker in the league, And someday he will show that ..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma Empty Re: Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma

Post by Ganso Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:10 pm

wow he made a transfer request?i thought chelsea made a huge bid and he went just like that..what a douche Shocked
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:32 am

^ Yeah. He did a transfer request.

@ OP: Love/hate relationship. :king:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Done his knees and hammys over the last 2 years at Liverpool, turning 27 (prime) and no improvement to the team in fact we were losing are better players. Wanted to win trophies and we couldn't turn down 50 million for a player who hasn't particularly been himself after Euro 2008.
Plus we relied on him too much for are goals
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:02 am

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 pm

I am still in love. BRING HIM BACK !!! NANDO + LUIS = JIZZZ . PLEASEE

Although i have a hard time forgiving him still
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:11 am

1. I don't hate him

2. I think what he did was stupid even though he stands a better chance to win silverwares with CFC as we are still rebuilding.

3. Shouldn't handed transfer request at the last moment which gave us very little to work with.

4. Pushed our rebuilding program backwards.

5. Still have goose-bumps when I see him or previous clips.

Wouldn't bear any grudge but wouldn't want him back either.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

2009, Torres dedicates his goal to the 96
Fernando Torres; The Kid; The Enigma F4e914070b190bdc1e4e8ffc724666a8_1M

3 year later, he refuses to wear a black armband on.

Can't wait to see his look after we win the final

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

still think he should return.

Suarez down wing with torres and Carroll up front!

MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:49 pm

MGNRomulus wrote:still think he should return.

Suarez down wing with torres and Carroll up front!

He's burned any and all bridges with the club and the supporters. He would not be welcomed back.

This isn't a bitter comment, it's just an objective statement. His comments since leaving have done nothing to help him and his lack of armband today, small a gesture as it might seem to many, will have alienated most of the group that did still like him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 am

I was just seeing his 2009 photos, and my god.

What a ridiculously good-looking man

:bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:05 am

I feel so bad for Torres. Went to Chelsea to win trophies, and trophies he won. Only it cost him all the prestige and respect as a footballer. He's now a ridiculed £50m flop and will probably be remembered as that after retirement. The heights he could've achieved with us if he stayed and helped us to a PL title.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:11 am

Raul Gonzalez has tipped Fernando Torres to "apologize to the (Liverpool) fans to get his form back"

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 am

He won't regain his form he had with Liverpool. He's lost his speed and he's had to adapt to a new sort of playing style.

He could still potentially score 30+ goals a season, though. We should attempt to loan him in January to take the piss. Who knows, Chelsea may accept it. No one likes him anyway. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 am

He could very well score lots of goals this season, he has now got such a fantastic trio of players playing behind him that his good movement should transform into goals.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCAintQuiteHistory Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Still one of my favorite strikers in the league Very Happy, would love to have seen Suarez + Torres combination, in my opinion biggest mistake we made in the past few years

LFCAintQuiteHistory
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:33 pm

LFCAintQuiteHistory wrote:Still one of my favorite strikers in the league Very Happy, would love to have seen Suarez + Torres combination, in my opinion biggest mistake we made in the past few years

There was nothing wrong in selling him. He wanted to leave and we made a lot of money off of him.

The problem was the replacement. Signing Carroll changed everything.

We went from playing attacking free flowing fluid football with Kenny in his takeover days to changing the whole system to accomodate Carroll. That's when we had to buy the likes of Adam and Downing etc and pushed us back heaps to mid-table.

Think about it. We bought Carroll and he's now gone. Downing is going to be sold as Carroll left and doesn't fit into the current system. Adam is gone. Henderson looks frozen out, although not sure why as he can play Rodgers style... Enrique is rumoured out.

That's 70 million+ pounds wasted and a year for our competitors to get the edge over us.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 pm

^ except that he did NOT want to leave.

he took back his transfer request...but seeing 50M had blinded Henry and co.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

He took the transfer request back my ass. You know it didn't even matter if he took back the transfer request. If he truly wanted to stay he would not have handed one in the first place.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:32 am

Schweini wrote:^ except that he did NOT want to leave.

he took back his transfer request...but seeing 50M had blinded Henry and co.

Is there any credible source stating that he took back his transfer request, or were you on RAWK?

Henry and co. had every right to get rid of him. He had his doubts about being here. Kenny got it right. No one is bigger than the club. He wanted to leave, which is evident by submitting a transfer request, and we got let him go. It's as simple as that.

Also, did anyone else hear Rodgers sly dig at Torres?

Swansea's Angel Rangel, Everton's Phil Neville and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres were all booked for diving last week and Rodgers feels Suarez should no longer be an easy target.

"Just look at last weekend, and two players you would deem to be great professionals - Angel Rangel and Neville - almost above criticism," added Rodgers.
"Then you have Fernando Torres booked for diving."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/11669/8221004/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-feels-Luis-Suarez-has-been-made-scapegoat-over-diving

Laughing

Last edited by ynwa on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:41 am

Initially i felt sad and dejected that Torres - a genuine Kop idol, had handed his transfer request to force the issue with owners. But his comments afterwards are what truely infuriated me. Theres no way i would take him back, even though i get goose bumps when i remember his debut season, and his domination over Vidic confused
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Revoked his transfer request? Sounds awfully sketchy to me as I don't believe a word of it unless the source is reliable to the core.

Fact is Liverpool fans don't actually want him considering his piss poor mentality of always being in a state of consistent contemplation on his future and outstanding ability to sulk and moan. Its been established already that Torres is a man who will only think for himself. Atletico fans know this, Liverpool fans just found this out, and Chelsea fans are realizing the same thing. If things aren't working his way or to his liking then he will continue to sulk and moan as that's just how he is whether we like it or not. All his Liverpool talk is just PR bullshit just like how it was at Atletico and I don't even have to mention how he sulked last year when his team were winning and he didn't score. He obviously isn't a model professional. Worst of all he is a stone cold liar.

We also don't want him back since he clearly is past it. He has lost his pace, his goalscoring touch, dribbling or whatever that made him Fernando Torres as his idea of contribution is switching flanks and making solid crosses but that's all he really does. People know that I don't rate Huntelaar highly but I'd rather have him any day of the week over Torres.

It would be an absolute backwards move if we acquired him. It would be almost embarrassing to get this joke of a player back.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 am

Di Matteo had run the analysis on Torres, asking the club’s technical team for a breakdown of the 81 goals he scored for Liverpool before his move south to London.
When Di Matteo went through the detail, a worrying pattern emerged that convinced him Chelsea did not have the personnel to accommodate his game.

At Liverpool, 56 of his goals (69 per cent of his 81 goals) were engineered by defence-splitting passes, usually from Steven Gerrard or Xabi Alonso.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:28 pm

So good to see him smiling again. :wub:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next