Lord Awesome
Il Principino
nj
♠Ace
OLpower
31 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

OL: Parce qu'il n'y a qu'une seule Olympique - Page 4 Empty Re: OL: Parce qu'il n'y a qu'une seule Olympique

Post by OLpower Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Did not see that coming at all lol

Hope he turns out to be a very good player

Nobody expected that! Not a single rumor about him, not a single.

He played 75 matchs in L2 (winning the french cup) and 35 match in third division last year. Imagine that, he was playing third league last season, started the championship of L2 of this season then suddendly in 3 days, OL come, sign him in a record time , he trained today with the team and will maybe (probably?) start tomorrow and even maybe in the champion's league wednesday if Cris is unfit. Crazy.

I hope it is another Koscielny.

OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

OL: Parce qu'il n'y a qu'une seule Olympique - Page 4 Empty Re: OL: Parce qu'il n'y a qu'une seule Olympique

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Very frustating night. We did 1-1 against the modest team of Ajaccio. I still can't believe that we did not win this match.

We totally dominated, had tons of occasions and wasted them. Then they have one semi opportunity and they score. Lisandro finally equalized in the last ten minutes to avoid the biggest hold up of the season. A draw is already a big hold up.

We hit the post 4 times, the bar one time, we had a goal disabled. Their GK made a couple of very good save as well and we had some bas misses. They had nothing on the other side.

Stats:

Possession: 63% vs 37%
Shots: 22 to 6
Shots on target: 12 to 2
Passes completed: 80% vs 66%
Corners: 13 to 1
Cross: 28 to 5

It was absolute domination but still we lose two points for Remi's Garde first match at Gerland. Very frustating.

However I was pleased with the quality of the play and if we continue like that we should win a lot of matchs because I don't believe this nightmare scenario happens often.

Against Rubin Kazan it will not be forgiven.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm

My ratings for the match:

Lloris: 6 Had nothing to do for most of the match. The goal was not his fault as the attacker was too well placed.

Reveillère: 6 Did a solid match but was at fault on the goal as he did not mark well

Lovren: 5 Was owned on the goal and is the main responsible for that goal. He was completely eliminated by his opponent. In the first half he made some very good intervention to cut each counter attempt.

Koné: 6 It was his very first match at Lyon and his very first match in ligue 1 and he did not fail. He had not a lot of work to do but was solid the few times we needed him. He seems to have a good header and his first pass looks promising once he gained confidence.

Cissokho: 6 He had a lot of activity and crossed a lot. He was not always successful in his offensive but tried to cross and shoot at the good times. He defend well also.

Kallstrom: 3 The weak link in this match. He lacked creativity, lost a lot of ball and was not alway enough accurate to win the ball back. He also did not find opening and had a limited impact on the play. A bad match from the Sweden.

Gonalons: 6 Our other CM was better , he was a little more efficient in gaining the ball back and , more important, was better at triggering offense with his runs forward.

Briand: 6 He gave his maximum and created for himself a very good opportunity in the first half but was less inspired after.

Bastos 7: He was a crossing machine on his left side and was very dangerous with most of his cross and corners. He also combined very well with Cissokho and Lisandro.

Gomis: 7: He hit the bar, he scored a goal on corner that was then disabled because Lovren made a fault on another opponent, he gave Lisandro an almost decisive pass and had some other good shots. He is really finding his place in the team when he plays together with Lisandro and is not alone going forward.

Lisandro: 7, 5 : He could have very well scored 3 goals if he was not cursed. He hit the post two times in 20 seconds. The first on a superb action, Bastos on the left side cross for Gomis who push the ball back to Lisandro who shoot from just outside the box on the post. The second one was a header on the post that unlickily bounced back on the goal keeper after. He then miss a great opportunity. Despite that, he had a lot of activity and was again the key of our creativity. He finally got his goal and saved us from defeat.

For the sub, Pied was disappointing while Pjanic was good, he made the decisive cross for Lisandro and hit the post on a freekick.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:02 am

looks like Lisandro is back in full form. Good to see Kone Settling in well as well

do you think Pjanic should start ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:13 am

RealGunner wrote:looks like Lisandro is back in full form. Good to see Kone Settling in well as well

do you think Pjanic should start ?

Yes I do.

Pjanic was injured that's why he did not play the first match and only came in as a sub here. I think he should start against Rubin Kazan.

For the moment we are playing 4-4-2 with 2 CM , Gonalons and Kallstrom, and two miedfilders on each side who are more wingers (Bastos and Briand) and two strikers, Lisandro and Gomis.

So you have a few options if you want to include Pjanic, you can either replace Briand or Bastos with him. Or you can drop Kallstrom and use Pjanic instead (that's how he came here). But this is a more offensive option and with just Gonalons as a defensive player in the miedfield we may concede too much occasions.

So if we want to keep 4-4-2 to make Lisandro and Gomis play together and not have them isolated Garde will have to make choices Gourcuff is injured as well and and may come back as a starter one day too. So we have a lot of options there.

We are trying to secure the transfert of NDinga too.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:47 am

I'd be very surprised if Lyon breezes through this Champions League tie, Rubin Kazan is a gigantic headache waiting to happen. When they get ahead, they aren't scared of playing to their strengths and hedging ten men behind the ball and playing strict, responsible defense, it's how they managed to pull out a big win at Dynamo. Today I just watched them get convert a cheap penalty against talent-superior CSKA Moscow, who took an hour bludgeoning their way through before needing a brilliant strike outside of the box in extra time to steal a point. As well, playing in Russia is always a daunting challenge.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Yes, Kazan is not easy to play because they are highly defensive. We will have to convert our chances to score this time.

Here are the highlights of the game against Ajaccaio and as you can see we should have scored at least 3 goals...

http://actu.last-video.com/video-match-lyon-ajaccio-1-1-buts-resume_6903.html
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

The 3-1 result is a very good one, especially after that we conceded the first goal only after two minutes on corner.

I have seen that the press is praising our good match and our style of play that Remi Garde is implementing.

We are not qualified yet, we will need to put a serious performance against them in Russia. I think that this match showed that we are better but we have to fight for this qualification.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:59 pm

It looks like we are doing a turn over.

Bastos, Briand and Gonalons will begin on the bench. Pjanic, Sidy Koné and Belfoldil will start.

All three are young players. Pjanic is the more experienced while Sidy Koné and Belfoldil have never started a ligue 1 match before. I hope it will go well.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Shocking result and performance, I have no words on how bad we are.

We AGAIN conceded in the first minute of the matchs, FOR THE 4TH TIME IN A ROW, you would think the morons would understand but no.

Other lesson, we have no depth, Sidy Koné and Belfoldil were so bad I never want to see them again. They were complete shit and amateur level. They are garbage.

Garde was poor, this match teached him a lesson, don't mess with CFA players and don't wait for the sub because one your CFA player will manage to get a red card.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:24 pm

I could not see our match.

We did 1-1

From what I read, we conceded first again, in the second half this time. Kazan put ut a fight in the second.

I read that Lisandro and Gomis missed each a sitter and that Bastos touched the bar and that Lloris made great saves once again.

Bakary Kone equalized on corner at the end of the match. For the moment he is a good pick.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:56 pm

A bit worried for tonight match.

We play at home and we have to win but Montpellier is at full force now. 9/9 for the points, 8 goals scored, 1 goal conceded. Their Hilton-Mbiwa central defense is rock solid and Giroud is really on good streak since 6 months at least. They will try to play the counter with Belhanda linking up with Giroud. Utaka will probably play as a fake winger for them. He will not be very useful to defend when we will have the ball but his speed is always a threat on counters.

Our defense has proven to be vulnerable and with no pure defensive midfielder I expect us to concede opportunities. Reveillere and Cissokho will have to play better and more cautious than they have done so far this year.

I wonder if Pjanic will be starter, maybe instead Briand who apparently was quite bad in the last match against Rubin Kazan in Russia.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:26 pm

*bleep* *bleep* *bleep*

Lisandro injured , maybe his ankle is broken and he could be out for months... What a sad sad day for us. I hate Montpellier with a passion, a passion.

They are an agressive team that has a bad spirit, *bleep* them.

For the match, we won 2-1.... Tough tough match.... We were totally exhausted, exact same team than against Kazan last Wednesday. Giroud played great and posed us a lot of threats...

Pjanic came in at the beginning of the second half and immediately scored from a superb Bastos cross. He was the only one calm on the pitch and fresh. Montpellier dirty players assaulted him multiples times and Belhanda got a red card for that.

Right after he gave a great pass to Pied for the 2-0

But then at the 88th minutes Lisandro got a big injury by Hilton, and we finished with 10 players totally unfocused and Montpellier finally scored at the end of the match.

Montpellier had opportunities, touched the post on corner and were dangerous with Giroud. Lloris made great save once again and was decisive.

Lloris is always great.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 am

According to the first scanner his ankle is not broken and it is a sprain. The club will try to estimate the time of his injury.

Thanks god it's not broken. But this is horrible timing for him to be injured as he was called up for the NT.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Lisandro out at least four weeks, inclunding Marseille and first two CL games. Pfff
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:40 pm

that is unfortunate :S

He is like van persie in terms of injuries
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Less than RVP but still becoming injury prone, tough this one was unlucky.

Montpellier player felt on his ankle, it could have been way worse. Lisandro was too motivated, even at 2-0 and 89th minute he was chasing the ball like a crazy man.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:53 am

Has Mensah been getting a game or on the bench ?
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Pjanic close to joining Roma for around 10 million euros. I haven't seen much of him personally but I've heard some very good things, what could you guys tell us about him?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:47 pm

If we sell Pjanic then I would lost all confidence I have in the club.

It would be a so stupid move for all standard:

We would lose a very promising player well under his value. We have no playmake other than him right now and it would kill our creativity while Lisandro is injured.

We don't need to sell Pjanic, we have no reason to sell him but the club is stupid enough to do that.

I would lost all respect to Aulas for selling Pjanic and to Pjanic for going into a club that got knocked out of europa league by some joke team.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Pjanic's representatives are talking to our sporting director as we speak. And trust me OLpower, there's a lot worst than joining Roma. If I were you, I would be upset if he joined a team just because they offered him all the money in the world to sit on the bench (e.g. Man City), not for joining us.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 pm

Fofana signs at Lyon, I am going suicidal.

Koné, Diabo and Fofana in

Pjanic, Delgado and Toulalan out

I will vomit
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Pjanic sale was stupid, even if it would've cost Grenier. Why not loan Gourcuff to Arsenal and keep Pjanic and Grenier? In retrospect, i really don't like this sale at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:01 pm

We won 2-1 at Dijon but it was not good. We had zero creativity, the only creative player in our team was Bastos.

I am worried for Ajax and Marseille match. Lisandro injured, Pjanic sold, there are nobody to create chances.

Garde did a mistake playing Pied instead Lacazette.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm

And what of Gourcuff?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:And what of Gourcuff?

Who? Is that a ghost?
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next