Jay29
Adit
Lord Awesome
Ganso
The BoyWonder
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 3 Empty Re: England is not n never been a football powerhouse

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Why Barton though?
England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 3 Testicles

What the---? What's that suppose to mean?
LMAO

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 3 Empty Re: England is not n never been a football powerhouse

Post by Gil Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Some of you are frakking boring to be honest. Same shite every single day.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Ganso wrote:cellphones had the entire alphabet back in the day...oh wait

And here I thought you were imagining accents. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 pm

@Hispano....Neither Nolan or Barton can handle the defensive burden on their own, and that's why Tiote was doing all the dirty work for them.

When Newcastle were playing their awesome football, this was their offensive line up:

------------Tiote--------------------------
--Barton--------Nolan---------------Gutierrez
-------------------------------------------
-------Carroll----------Ameobi

A 4-4-2, with Barton as tucked in winger who would come inside, and Gutierrez and Enrique providing the width o nthe left. Nolan making runs behind Carroll, so he can take advantage of his knock downs, or bad clearances of opposition defenders who would be rushed in defending due to Carroll's presence.

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland was one of the most complete and amazing team performances I've witnessed by a team in a derby match, for like the past decade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Why Barton though?
England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 3 Testicles

What the---? What's that suppose to mean?
Something Barton has that the other English NT players lack.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Sepi wrote:@Hispano....Neither Nolan or Barton can handle the defensive burden on their own, and that's why Tiote was doing all the dirty work for them.

When Newcastle were playing their awesome football, this was their offensive line up:

------------Tiote--------------------------
--Barton--------Nolan---------------Gutierrez
-------------------------------------------
-------Carroll----------Ameobi

A 4-4-2, with Barton as tucked in winger who would come inside, and Gutierrez and Enrique providing the width o nthe left. Nolan making runs behind Carroll, so he can take advantage of his knock downs, or bad clearances of opposition defenders who would be rushed in defending due to Carroll's presence.

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland was one of the most complete and amazing team performances I've witnessed by a team in a derby match, for like the past decade.

The bad thing is that it was against Sundeland and not an Arsenal, Man U, or Liverpool, now that you tell me.

Nolan is the Box to Box type, correct?

Looks like you were right with the idea that Barton, Nolan, and Wilshire would work but, TBH, it seems they are rather limited.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:15 pm

^^
They actually did quite well against the so called big teams.

THey lost 3-0 to United @ Old Trafford on the very first day, but indeed created a lot of chances.

They beat Arsenal @ Emarites 1-0 and didn't need keeper heroics for that.

They held Chelsea 1-1 @ SJP, and were very unlucky not to win. Carroll outpaced their CBs in a few occasions Very Happy

They absolutely butraped us 3-1 @ SJP (though it wasn't that difficult in Hodgson era, which resulted in the famous facerub), and it was Pardew's first game, and Noland Barton's first game after injury, and they were rampant.

They lost 2-1 to Man City on boxing day, but they went 2-0 down inside 5 minutes because of their shitty defense, however, they dominated the midfiled for 85 minutes after and were very unlucky not to tie the game up. Carroll scored one, but they eventually lost 2-1.

I know, it may appear limited at first. But playing so called stars and more complete players hasn't worked. It probably will never happen due to Barton's off the pitch issues and Nolan's age...but if England want to pursue a 4-4-2, at least pick players perfectly matched for it, and Barton has the bet cross in the league, and Nolan's asissts/goals ratio as a box to box CM who made attacking runs on edge of the box was fantastic.

Only if FA would give me the job Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:18 pm

LMAO at Nolan -Barton midfield.England problems aint defense,they cant crack the fuk open shit teams defense.In others words what england lacks is creative football not defensive players.Did i just wrote creativity anf england in a same line ? lol Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Sepi wrote:^^
They actually did quite well against the so called big teams.

THey lost 3-0 to United @ Old Trafford on the very first day, but indeed created a lot of chances.

They beat Arsenal @ Emarites 1-0 and didn't need keeper heroics for that.

They held Chelsea 1-1 @ SJP, and were very unlucky not to win. Carroll outpaced their CBs in a few occasions Very Happy

They absolutely butraped us 3-1 @ SJP (though it wasn't that difficult in Hodgson era, which resulted in the famous facerub), and it was Pardew's first game, and Noland Barton's first game after injury, and they were rampant.

They lost 2-1 to Man City on boxing day, but they went 2-0 down inside 5 minutes because of their shitty defense, however, they dominated the midfiled for 85 minutes after and were very unlucky not to tie the game up. Carroll scored one, but they eventually lost 2-1.

I know, it may appear limited at first. But playing so called stars and more complete players hasn't worked. It probably will never happen due to Barton's off the pitch issues and Nolan's age...but if England want to pursue a 4-4-2, at least pick players perfectly matched for it, and Barton has the bet cross in the league, and Nolan's asissts/goals ratio as a box to box CM who made attacking runs on edge of the box was fantastic.

Only if FA would give me the job Sad

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 3 I_hug_that_feel

Yeah, sometimes managers make you facepalm.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Adit wrote:LMAO at Nolan -Barton midfield.England problems aint defense,they cant crack the fuk open shit teams defense.In others words what england lacks is creative football not defensive players.Did i just wrote creativity anf england in a same line ? lol Laughing

Wilshire's not creative?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Adit wrote:LMAO at Nolan -Barton midfield.England problems aint defense,they cant crack the fuk open shit teams defense.In others words what england lacks is creative football not defensive players.Did i just wrote creativity anf england in a same line ? lol Laughing

Nolan and Barton aren't defensive midfielders I hope you know Smile

Barton at RW is much more effective than Milner/Walcott/Lennon

Nolan at B2B/AM is much more effective than Lampard for NT IMO.

If England intends to play 4-4-2 ...... Nolan and Barton should simply be there. They are the gods of 4-4-2, and they made Newcastle's 4-4-2 in the first half the season, look as interesting and fascinating as Barca's 4-3-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:

Wilshire's not creative?
just man mark him done? Sad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Sepi wrote:^^ Barton had the best season of all English midfielders last season. Even better than Wilshere IMO. and he isn't a nutcase anymore.

Seriously, the Barton-Nolan-Carroll trio was an absolute joy to watch in the first half of PL. They really tore team to shreds.... last time they all played together Newcastle lost 2-1 to Man City, but absolutely dominated City in all areas of the pitch.

Shame Nolan and Barton were injured in Nov, which resulted in some bad results and Houton's sacking.

I loved watching those 3 play, and I am serious. Not taking the piss

Well, I'd rather play Nolan as a DM next to a guy who can run up a and down the field and distribute the ball.

Barton is a Destroyer type but so is Nolan. Two Destroyes won't let England keep the ball long enough, IMO. 'Less your going to Counter Attack with England.

Barton didnt play as a DM for Newcastle he played as a RW.And England have far better wingers.Its just nonsense to say Barton should be selected for England team.Just because he makes a nonsense of himself in twitter doesnt mean he is their best midfielder.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Adit wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Wilshire's not creative?
just man mark him done? Sad

Not this one. Laughing

He's a little different then the rest, for once. He's explosive.

You didn't see him against Barca?

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm

ahh yes the old "England have no creative player"... While this may have been true 15 years ago, it certainly is not the case anymore. The upcoming starting 11 will all be technically gifted players.

Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Newcastle 0-2 Blackpool at the 4th week of the season, was one of the most entertaining games of PL era.

Matt Gilks played a level of Leo Yashin...I still can't believe how he saved all those shots, Newcastle should have won 10-2. It was just amazing to watch, especially one scene, Carroll outmuscled 3 Blackpool defenders in the end, Brought the ball down, and hit a very strong left volley with his left peg...It was literally unreachable, then Gilks stretched his leg so hard, and managed to get a touch. Poor guy couldn't believe it cheers

Just one of those days Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Sepi wrote:

If England intends to play 4-4-2 ...... Nolan and Barton should simply be there. They are the gods of 4-4-2, and they made Newcastle's 4-4-2 in the first half the season, look as interesting and fascinating as Barca's 4-3-3

Barton better than Walcott? Have Mole hacked ur account? Rolling Eyes
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
Sepi wrote:^^ Barton had the best season of all English midfielders last season. Even better than Wilshere IMO. and he isn't a nutcase anymore.

Seriously, the Barton-Nolan-Carroll trio was an absolute joy to watch in the first half of PL. They really tore team to shreds.... last time they all played together Newcastle lost 2-1 to Man City, but absolutely dominated City in all areas of the pitch.

Shame Nolan and Barton were injured in Nov, which resulted in some bad results and Houton's sacking.

Well, I'd rather play Nolan as a DM next to a guy who can run up a and down the field and distribute the ball.

Barton is a Destroyer type but so is Nolan. Two Destroyes won't let England keep the ball long enough, IMO. 'Less your going to Counter Attack with England.

Barton didnt play as a DM for Newcastle he played as a RW.And England have far better wingers.Its just nonsense to say Barton should be selected for England team.Just because he makes a nonsense of himself in twitter doesnt mean he is their best midfielder.

a RW should have quality crosses.

Barton is a much much much better crosser of the ball than Lennon/AJ/Walcott/Milner.

Plus, he has bottle, and make very intelligent runs.

I watched Newcastle almost every week last season, shame they did let go of their spine. Had it not been for Nolan n Barton's injuries and Carroll's sale, they would have easily finished in the top 6/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Sepi wrote:

As a Right winger in 4-4-2 YESS !!

However, as a right wide attacker in 4-3-3 Walcott is a lot better.

If England want to play 4-4-2, Joey is the way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:

I know right? I think the best term is more effective. Still rather have Barton at DM, though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Walcott will eventually move into the middle. He is quite the finisher (i know ill be laughed at for saying this).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Downing for England's Crosser?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Sepi wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:

Barton is a much much much better crosser of the ball than Lennon/AJ/Walcott/Milner.

I watched Newcastle almost every week last season, shame they did let go of their spine. Had it not been for Nolan n Barton's injuries and Carroll's sale, they would have easily finished in the top 6/7

And if Ben Arfa did'nt get injured the whole season Very Happy It's true though we were very unlucky last season , only people that watched us on a consistent basis will realise this.

Barton was fantastic last year the only people that disagree or argue it are just hating because they dont like him.

And that my friends is a fact.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Walcott will eventually move into the middle. He is quite the finisher (i know ill be laughed at for saying this).

Bro, I was thinking the same thing.

Wallcott has, surprisingly, good Finishing for a WF.

I'll go through the fire with you on this one.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

I doubt England will put such emphasis on crossers any more. I mean it hasnt worked out for them since the departure of Beckham . They shoudl rahter work the ball from the spine, with 3 strikers upfront.

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Sepi wrote:

RW should have good crosses? who said that? Muller plays as a RW for Germany and he isn't great crosser of ball.

And Barton isnt the best crosser of ball english players either.Both Downing and Young are better and far more consistent year in year out.

Has Bottle? Getting stupid red cards is now bottle? How exactly does Walcott Young or Downing hasn't got bottle? Because they dont make rash challenges?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next