sagnik92
Ljuljo
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Brigate Rossonere
ChollaVille
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer preview: Thiago Silva

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:47 am

free_cat wrote:Pique has saved our ass and had a hell of a season. I give him a 10 out of 10.

Mate you cannot be serious he has been average compared to previous 2 seasons. Ok as Dosto said he played like a Champion when it really mattered but the fact remains most of the season he's been average and has had nowhere near the season TS has had.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer preview: Thiago Silva - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer preview: Thiago Silva

Post by Ljuljo Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

free_cat wrote:Pique has saved our ass and had a hell of a season. I give him a 10 out of 10.

Must disagree here, he was good in big games but his concentration seems to go out the window when we play "lesser" teams.

Consistency is his only problem. I don't want to get into the Pique vs. Silva debate, although TS has been better overall this season.

Oh and Puyol not playing is a problem to the entire team, not just for Pique...
Ljuljo
Ljuljo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I am sorry, but as good as Silva is, he isnt starting over any of Puyol or Pique.

Thats not a knock on him, but its a plain fact.

Puyol is the captain and the leader, he the the glue of the back four. You can put the most talented backine together, but if someone doesnt organise and lead it on the field, its useless.

I am not convinced Silva is better then Pique, its close no question about that.

Silva might of had a better year, but who has had the better 3 years?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, but as good as Silva is, he isnt starting over any of Puyol or Pique.

Puyol is the captain and the leader, he the the glue of the back four. You can put the most talented backine together, but if someone doesnt organise and lead it on the field, its useless.

I am not convinced Silva is better then Pique, its close no question about that.

On paper, conservatively, Pique and Puyol would start for Barcelona, however the Pique question is unfairly put, for what is apparent to Guardiola on the training pitch may be at odds to the conclusions we would draw from "three years" which also includes time spent in Brazil for Silva. With Puyol out for two months the partnership of Silva and Pique may develop a dynamic by which Silva is the organiser, or neither may really grasp control. Put into the context of the situation in which Silva would enter one can't say that he wouldn't earn the right to continue besides the returning Puyol, even if on paper Pique would remain the stalwart in defence. The three year trick isn't always fair as it can give bizarre results, especially given the strides that Silva has taken. Abidal was terrific this year and the weak link over three years. Silva may not be better - as I said I require the evidence of the Champions League - but he's close enough that the decision could go either way. In a group of elite centre-backs it would be no shame for anyone to be benched though, it must be said. Immediately Pique-Puyol is better, however things change rapidly. Who imagined Busquets would send Yaya packing to Manchester when Sergio first debuted?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Pique a problem in consistency? He has played non stop, all the matches of the season, and here we are, the best defence in la Liga and second best in Europe. With him being the glue that sticked our defence together and the card that made the card castle stand still, because of Abidal and Puyol's injuries and Milito's lameness. He has been perfect in big games, and very good all along the season. His only mistake I recall was against Sporting. Maybe he wasn't as flashy as in previous season, but he has been a beast, and as good as any other season. A 9 out of 10.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljuljo Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 pm

free_cat wrote:Pique a problem in consistency? He has played non stop, all the matches of the season, and here we are, the best defence in la Liga and second best in Europe. With him being the glue that sticked our defence together and the card that made the card castle stand still, because of Abidal and Puyol's injuries and Milito's lameness. He has been perfect in big games, and very good all along the season. His only mistake I recall was against Sporting. Maybe he wasn't as flashy as in previous season, but he has been a beast, and as good as any other season. A 9 out of 10.

I didn't mean consistency as in lacking match fitness, missing matches and so on..

He played all the time but it was hot and cold for most of the season. At least that's how I saw it anyway.
Ljuljo
Ljuljo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:26 pm

I'd love to discuss this, but it really falls into the 'not happening unless we pay a ridiculously ridiculous price' category for transfers.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljuljo Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:34 pm

alfredandrew wrote:I'd love to discuss this, but it really falls into the 'not happening unless we pay a ridiculously ridiculous price' category for transfers.

To be honest, I don't think anybody took the rumor to seriously anyway..

Ljuljo
Ljuljo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am sorry, but as good as Silva is, he isnt starting over any of Puyol or Pique.

On paper, conservatively, Pique and Puyol would start for Barcelona, however the Pique question is unfairly put, for what is apparent to Guardiola on the training pitch may be at odds to the conclusions we would draw from "three years" which also includes time spent in Brazil for Silva. With Puyol out for two months the partnership of Silva and Pique may develop a dynamic by which Silva is the organiser, or neither may really grasp control. Put into the context of the situation in which Silva would enter one can't say that he wouldn't earn the right to continue besides the returning Puyol, even if on paper Pique would remain the stalwart in defence. The three year trick isn't always fair as it can give bizarre results, especially given the strides that Silva has taken. Abidal was terrific this year and the weak link over three years. Silva may not be better - as I said I require the evidence of the Champions League - but he's close enough that the decision could go either way. In a group of elite centre-backs it would be no shame for anyone to be benched though, it must be said. Immediately Pique-Puyol is better, however things change rapidly. Who imagined Busquets would send Yaya packing to Manchester when Sergio first debuted?

Well yes, but at the same time, Yaya isnt Catalan, Busi is. I dont doubt that played a role. But this is a touchy subject and best left alone.

Indeed, the 3 year thing has its faults, but it was two separate points I was trying to make.

The first was, Silva wouldnt play of Pique. I have reasons for this.

A separate point to that is, unlike what others have said, I dont consider Silva better then Pique as a player. Silva has had a better year and their talent levels seem very close. But I dont consider Silva better.

You could liken it to Rossi and Villa, Rossi has probably had a better season, but Villa I wouldnt call him a better player then Villa by any stretch.

Silva and Pique are closer then that, but its the same sort of theory.

I see it very much like this.

Overall, our starting 11 with everyone fit, is practically unbreakable. Players better then Pedro wont play above him, players better then Abidal wont play above him, its not about quality at this point, its about the total and utter faith and connection all 11 have with each other. They have been through battles, been through wars and come out the other end. No way would a piece as big as Pique get removed from the 11 unless he plays like total and utter garbage for an extended period of time.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:

Well yes, but at the same time, Yaya isnt Catalan, Busi is. I dont doubt that played a role. But this is a touchy subject and best left alone.

Indeed, the 3 year thing has its faults, but it was two separate points I was trying to make.

The first was, Silva wouldnt play of Pique. I have reasons for this.

A separate point to that is, unlike what others have said, I dont consider Silva better then Pique as a player. Silva has had a better year and their talent levels seem very close. But I dont consider Silva better.

You could liken it to Rossi and Villa, Rossi has probably had a better season, but Villa I wouldnt call him a better player then Villa by any stretch.

Silva and Pique are closer then that, but its the same sort of theory.

I see it very much like this.

Overall, our starting 11 with everyone fit, is practically unbreakable. Players better then Pedro wont play above him, players better then Abidal wont play above him, its not about quality at this point, its about the total and utter faith and connection all 11 have with each other. They have been through battles, been through wars and come out the other end. No way would a piece as big as Pique get removed from the 11 unless he plays like total and utter garbage for an extended period of time.

Fair enough, I'm happy to leave the thread here.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 am

The Franchise wrote:

100% spot on brilliant.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Silva will stay in Milan !
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:58 pm

You should do a transfer preview of Cesc Fabregas Cool
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Heh yeah that would probably be a good idea considering all the rumors about Barca signing him now

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:44 am

OK Very Happy next day Very Happy
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 am

Guys, did you read that crazy Goal.com article which suggested that Barcelona should sell David Villa? What are your thoughts on that?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Not worth a mention JD, stopped reading half way through. Pure stupidity.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not worth a mention JD, stopped reading half way through. Pure stupidity.

I wouldn't say it is pure stupidity. Maybe it is not the most brilliant idea, but you can see why someone would think so and the article is almost well written.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

windkick wrote:You should do a transfer preview of Cesc Fabregas Cool

How is there a Thiago Silva thread but not a Cesc thread... Evil or Very Mad
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Not worth a mention JD, stopped reading half way through. Pure stupidity.

I wouldn't say it is pure stupidity. Maybe it is not the most brilliant idea, but you can see why someone would think so and the article is almost well written.

There is no argument one could make for selling Villa, none. At least not one that can be taken seriously.

What he said about Villa wasn't a reason to sell him, rather he came up with the idea of selling Villa and found a way to justify it.

Heck, I could find a way for Milan to justify selling T.S, doesn't make it sensible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
windkick wrote:You should do a transfer preview of Cesc Fabregas Cool

How is there a Thiago Silva thread but not a Cesc thread... Evil or Very Mad

Easy.

Everyone of us would have T.S, hardly any of us would want Cesc.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 am

The Franchise wrote:

There is no argument one could make for selling Villa, none. At least not one that can be taken seriously.

What he said about Villa wasn't a reason to sell him, rather he came up with the idea of selling Villa and found a way to justify it.

Heck, I could find a way for Milan to justify selling T.S, doesn't make it sensible.

Yes dani I agree completely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:30 am

The Franchise wrote:
Easy.

Everyone of us would have T.S, hardly any of us would want Cesc.

Very simple but very effective reply. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:58 am

Silva: "I've been in contact with Barcelona, but I told them that I feel very connected to Milan and that I want to stay here. If Barcelona really want me, then they first have to talk directly to Milan. I'm happy here at Milan."
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Silva: "I've been in contact with Barcelona, but I told them that I feel very connected to Milan and that I want to stay here. If Barcelona really want me, then they first have to talk directly to Milan. I'm happy here at Milan."

Berlusconi is going to lose elections... he needs money Razz Razz Razz
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:10 pm

ChollaVille wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:Silva: "I've been in contact with Barcelona, but I told them that I feel very connected to Milan and that I want to stay here. If Barcelona really want me, then they first have to talk directly to Milan. I'm happy here at Milan."

Berlusconi is going to lose elections... he needs money Razz Razz Razz

Politics has nothing to do with his personal wealth. If it is one thing he does not need, it is money. He has billions of it...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next