The Madrid One
RealGunner
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Pedram
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:42 am

Xavi doesn't attack, lol, he's more of a possession holder and he sits back, he supports the attack. Iniesta is an attacking CM.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by Pedram Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:49 am

Being an attacking CM doesn't mean he must only attack to be considered an attacking CM. but maybe i should've said he's an attack-minded CM.

No he doesn't sit back at all. he plays mostly at the center and sometimes he's involved in attacking movements.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:56 am

sigh, posting that picture definitely hammers your point home Rolling Eyes

Xavi stays in the middle most if not the entire game, you dont really ever see him in the box at times he goes near it because that's the way Barcelona plays, pushing everyone up. He supports, he doesn't attack.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:03 am

You truely don't know the meaning of deep lying playmaker. i can't be bothered to explain it to you but if you want to find out just compare Xavi's rule at Barca to Xabi's rule at Madrid to get my point.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:15 am

ok well maybe Xavi isn't a deeplying playmaker, but he's a support CM certainly not an attacking CM.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:04 am

xabi is crazy underrated
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:53 am

xabi alonso is the best player ever live in this planet
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:15 am

lol at the title

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:29 am

Gil wrote:Underrated at Liverpool. Overrated at Madrid.
of course players are underated when they plays in EPL Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 am

Oh no! You have unleashed the ultimate fanboy! I even return from my holiday sabbatical for this!

MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER TODAY. Whaddagod.
IMO, at least within the top 10 players today. He has much more influence over a game than virtually any other player (Xaviesta). And those SICK SICK SICK long passes...

Bit snowed under by Xavi, which is unfair, because Alonso >> Xavi during the WC and I'd say they are at least of comparable quality. Especially when Alonso is allowed to play a bit further in the offense (so not pushed in a combined CM/DM role like now at Madrid) like at Liverpool, he is much better (than in his Madrid role; not Xavi). Only thing he lacks is speed, but his game doesn't need that anyway.

He might not be the most visible player, but is no suprise that almost everytime Alonso didn't play last season, we either lost or drew. He is of vital importance to the team, to me most important player, he dictates the game.

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 2 Tumblr_low0baCTzE1qcm3rro1_400

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 2 Tumblr_lnpcl7Xqtz1qjyhhuo1_500

This is just a video of all his ball contacts in one of the last matches of the season, see how he is involved with everything + absurd passing completion:

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:43 am

Adit wrote:
Gil wrote:Underrated at Liverpool. Overrated at Madrid.
of course players are underated when they plays in EPL Laughing

This isn't the first time I'm confused about your posts. What?

Last edited by ynwa on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 am

He's a complete player in regards to his talent and physical abilities. He have perfected his playing style over several years. Very few players are able to reach this kind of peak and maintain it in regards to their potential.

With that said, he can be found out as slow and sluggish against highly mobile midfielders who pressure hard. He sometimes struggle to keep up with speed and high levels of close control in defense because of his sluggishness.

Still, I think he's a more versatile player than for example Xavi. Who is perfect just for the kind of possession football Spain and Barcelona play but would be way less effective than Xabi if he played for the Liverpool Xabi was great for.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:53 am

El Pipita wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Every topic? Wtf?

Anyway, whether he's at DM or CM he's just not in the top 3 there are better players than him in both of those positions, xavi iniesta and fabregas in CM and toure busquets and mascherano at DM. Unless we're talking about deep lying playmakers then he is top 3 for me in that role, alongside sahin and xavi.

dude Xavi is not a Deep Lying midfielder, he's an attacking CM.

LOLOL!

Absolutely amazing.

edit: This thread is f***ing amazing.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:58 am

Xabi is the best DLP today and definitely top 3 Cm for me.Only Xavi and Iniesta are better than and he is on par with Fabregas IMO.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Oh no! You have unleashed the ultimate fanboy! I even return from my holiday sabbatical for this!

IMO, at least within the top 10 players today. He has much more influence over a game than virtually any other player (Xaviesta). And those SICK SICK SICK long passes...

Bit snowed under by Xavi, which is unfair, because Alonso >> Xavi during the WC and I'd say they are at least of comparable quality. Especially when Alonso is allowed to play a bit further in the offense (so not pushed in a combined CM/DM role like now at Madrid) like at Liverpool, he is much better (than in his Madrid role; not Xavi). Only thing he lacks is speed, but his game doesn't need that anyway.

He might not be the most visible player, but is no suprise that almost everytime Alonso didn't play last season, we either lost or drew. He is of vital importance to the team, to me most important player, he dictates the game.

WTF!! u have No clue!!

Xavi was Spain's Best player in WC & Best player in that WC!!
All Spain's System was build around him, that possession game & dominance in WC was becuz of Xavi's ability to control the midfield & becuz of his passes..

about 100 completed passes/game (693 Passes @ WC 2010) .. & Xavi created the most goalscoring chances @ that WC, 30 goalscoring chances ( best by far in this tournament)!!

While alonso on the otherside was the reason why Spain was playing boring football in the final 3rd, throughout the tournament, whenever Alonso is replaced with Cesc/pedro/ etc.. Spain starts to play way better with more chances..

Alonso is OVERRATED by madrid fans, this doesn't mean he is not gd, he is Just gd!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:43 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Oh no! You have unleashed the ultimate fanboy! I even return from my holiday sabbatical for this!

WTF!! u have No clue!!

Xavi was Spain's Best player in WC & Best player in that WC!!
All Spain's System was build around him, that possession gam & dominance in WC was becuz of Xavi's ability to control the midfield & becuz of his passes..

about 100 completed passes/game (693 Passes @ WC 2010) .. & Xavi created the most goalscoring chances @ that WC, 30 goalscoring chances ( best by far in this tournament)!!

Xabi LoOOOoL, while alonso on the therside was the reason why Spain was playing boring football in the final 3rd, throughout the tournament, whenever Alonso is subbed with Cesc/pedro etc.. Spain starts to play way better with more chances..

Alonso is OVERRATED by madrid fans, this doesn't mean he is not gd, he is Just gd!!

Yet, when Xavi didn't play the last couple of friendlies against the USA, Venezuela etc. but Alonso/Silva/Iniesta did, Spain played the most exciting football I've seen them play in ages.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:08 am

OMG.

Once again, I am seeing people here label Xabi Alonso a DM just because of his deep role and impressive defensive skills. LOL

As for his rank among others?

By far the 2nd best in his position after Xavi as Alonso is an absolute masterclass in the mid for Madrid and Espana and was just as good for the reds. Watch how madrid play without him as he is one of 2 vital cogs in their system and is one of the prime reasons we won the world cup
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:22 am

Very high
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by del_boy Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:25 am

High.
3rd passer after Pirlo and Xavi.
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 am

Quarterback Alonso is obviously a good player, very complete: he can do many things well, short passing, long passing, good defensively, etc. but he is defintely overated for Madrid fans.

In the end he is not elite in almost everything: he stumbles under pressure, lacks creativity, and is not such a good passer. Misses many of his famous long range passes, that's why I call him Quarterback Alonso.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:32 am

free_cat wrote:Quarterback Alonso is obviously a good player, very complete: he can do many things well, short passing, long passing, good defensively, etc. but he is defintely overated for Madrid fans.

In the end he is not elite in almost everything: he stumbles under pressure, lacks creativity, and is not such a good passer. Misses many of his famous long range passes, that's why I call him Quarterback Alonso.
Im I as a part of "Madrid fans", because you see i have never overrated him.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:33 am

free_cat wrote:Quarterback Alonso is obviously a good player, very complete: he can do many things well, short passing, long passing, good defensively, etc. but he is defintely overated for Madrid fans.

Lacks creativity?? Never expected this about alonso,so a spanish NT and Real Madrid play maker have no creativity?

a play maker with out creativity haha what a contradiction.

Let me ask a question,is busquet creative? Alonso is 50 times more creative than him.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:36 am

isnt iniesta a AM ? scratch
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 am

Adit wrote:

Lacks creativity?? Never expected this about alonso,so a spanish NT and Real Madrid play maker have no creativity?

a play maker with out creativity haha what a contradiction.

Let me ask a question,is busquet creative? Alonso is 50 times more creative than him.

He has good creativity with his long range passes, but he is not great, as with almost everything he does (perhaps he is only great at long shots and set pieces).

Busquets is more creative than Xabi Alonso. There's a reason Busquets was the player that gave most passes forward in the last Champions League. Also, Busquets can drible and go past players, Alonso can't.

Let me ask you a question, if Alonso is so creative, why Madrid had so many problems last season against small teams that parked the bus and pressured Ozil?

Also, Why Spain so much better in the WC every time Alonso was subbed?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:41 am

IMO ur overrating Busquets
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:45 am

ZsG7 wrote:IMO ur overrating Busquets

Busquets doesn't get the credit he should. He played all the minutes in the WC, while Alonso was subbed in almost every game, and every time Spain played better and/or scored the decisive goals. Yet Alonso was nominated in the Ballon d'Or, and Busquets wasn't.

It's normal, Busquets is young and still has to earn a reputation while Alonso has plenty, but I think that in only football terms, it's quite obvious who has been performing better the last years.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next