The Madrid One
RealGunner
Serge Gnabry
Ali
Pedram
42 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 4 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by Pedram Sat 30 Jul 2011, 17:40

Busquets and creativity ? good joke bro.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 4 Empty Re: How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ?

Post by Albiceleste Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:31

Pique does those types of long passes all the time, does that mean that he is more creative than Busquets too?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:33

free_cat wrote:For me creativity is the ability to create chances, and in that sense surely Alonso surpasses Busquets, but it is also the ability to build up the play to end up in chances, and in that Busquets is superior. Alonso is merely considered with better creativity than Busquets because he plays higher and uses more long passes, thus assisting more. Busquets doesn't need (and can't) to make assists.

Oh, and mole, I never said Alonso doesn't have creativity, check it out. I said that he lacks some creaitity, he has good creativity, but not awesome.

Quarterback bluffo Alonso.

If u really believe that then u havent seen Alonso play much for Liverpool.

Your logic is based on ridiculous assumptions.Basically that Busquests isnt playing as a creative and but when he decides to play he will be a better creative player than Alonso.What exact fact is this based on?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:38

Lionel Messi wrote:Pique does those types of long passes all the time, does that mean that he is more creative than Busquets too?

Long pass =/= creativity
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:44

Well someone posted a bunch of youtube links with long passes from alonso and said he was more creative than busquets.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:45

Amazing when given space, sucks when he is locked down.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:46

Lionel Messi wrote:Pique does those types of long passes all the time, does that mean that he is more creative than Busquets too?

Yep.And Carew is a better header than Messi and so Carew > Messi.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:56

BeautifulGame wrote:

Yep.And Carew is a better header than Messi and so Carew > Messi.
It's not my logic, it's other people in this threads logic.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 20:00

Khaledbarca wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Oh no! You have unleashed the ultimate fanboy! I even return from my holiday sabbatical for this!

MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER TODAY. Whaddagod.
IMO, at least within the top 10 players today. He has much more influence over a game than virtually any other player (Xaviesta). And those SICK SICK SICK long passes...

Bit snowed under by Xavi, which is unfair, because Alonso >> Xavi during the WC and I'd say they are at least of comparable quality. Especially when Alonso is allowed to play a bit further in the offense (so not pushed in a combined CM/DM role like now at Madrid) like at Liverpool, he is much better (than in his Madrid role; not Xavi). Only thing he lacks is speed, but his game doesn't need that anyway.

He might not be the most visible player, but is no suprise that almost everytime Alonso didn't play last season, we either lost or drew. He is of vital importance to the team, to me most important player, he dictates the game.

WTF!! u have No clue!!

Xavi was Spain's Best player in WC
Iniesta was, not xavi
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat 30 Jul 2011, 20:37

People clearly have no idea on the Xabi's depth of skill and what he is capable of as Barca fans are quick to pull the trigger due to his Madrid affiliation.

I can understand that considering he is on a rival team but there must be exceptions for some.

Xabi is in fact on Xavi's level yet despite excelling in other areas ahead of Xavi, he simply isn't as good as him. But it is not foolish to compare them.

I'll ignore the criticism on Xabi's mistakes and shortcomings because some of them are absolutely ridiculous and laughable.

And Villa, Xavi and Xabi were Espana's best players, not Iniesta
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:28

The Barcists on this forum are appalling, just appalling. First the Del Piero now this. Busquets is more creative than Alonso How Do You Highly Rate Xabi Alonso ? - Page 4 Facepalmjg

Alonso is he best deep lying playmaker in the game today, and yes he is Top 3 in his position after Xavi and Iniesta. He has been Real Madrid's most important player ever since he joined them and I don't care what FIFA or Barcists say he was one of Spain's best players in the World Cup and performed better than Xavi. Really, perhaps the most underrated player in the world.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:31

How does Barcelona fans saying he is not better than Busquets make him underrated? Look at the number of people rating him here? He is rated just fine.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:35

milanista why don't you post in the the del piero thread then? since you disagree with what they say so much

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:43

Why do Barca fanboys always talk about Pass completion rate and 100 passes..

Passing sideways or to someone who is a yard away from you is not a statistic.

Pfft even i could complete 100 passes by continuously passing backward or sideways ..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:47

Hahhaa neg rep me ladies .. !!
As if i care .. Its a request to Barca fans please do not state pass completion in a match .. Its too obvious and perhaps don't argue that you have the ball for 85 mins of match makes you really good..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 30 Jul 2011, 23:06

Strange comments.

Why are people so insistent on pigeon holing players into pre-fixed positions?

What is an attacking center midfielder? Why is Alonso a DM because he plays deep?

Anyway, whatever.

No need to compare him to other players really, its pointless.

He is a very good player and what he does, he does very well.

He is limited though, he needs protection from another (better defensively) midfielder.

He also plays so deep and likes to pick the ball from the back four, which is great for connecting play, but it also means you need a number 10 in front of him to actually make a final pass. He doesnt have the mobility to pick it up deep, make passes and then get in the final 1/3 and make a final pass.

Also, he loves long passes so he doesnt get in final pass positions. I also agree with Free when he said, he is sort of clumsy on the ball and can be pressured into mistakes. At least, he looks that way when put under great pressure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Sat 30 Jul 2011, 23:26

higher than anyone else... Wink

his mental skills is very impressive that goes along with his football skills
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat 30 Jul 2011, 23:48

shaven wrote:

his mental skills is very impressive
like which I'm curious

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dverasc Sun 31 Jul 2011, 01:13

I agree with the franchise, people need to stop assuming just because he plays deep he is a dm, by that logic pirlo is a defensive mid. If people say he doesn't have creativity your also saying pirlo doesn't have creativity because they are very similar players. Yes he needs a partner but pirlo had gattuso so neither of them can do it all by themselves, to compare players you need to compare khedira and busquets because they're more similar. I am a Barca fan but I rate him highly, he is a great player and mentally he is a leader. Just my opinion
He also plays so deep and likes to pick the ball from the back four, which is great for connecting play, but it also means you need a number 10 in front of him to actually make a final pass. He doesnt have the mobility to pick it up deep, make passes and then get in the final 1/3 and make a final pass.

dverasc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun 31 Jul 2011, 03:25

dverasc wrote:I agree with the franchise, people need to stop assuming just because he plays deep he is a dm, by that logic pirlo is a defensive mid. If people say he doesn't have creativity your also saying pirlo doesn't have creativity because they are very similar players. Yes he needs a partner but pirlo had gattuso so neither of them can do it all by themselves, to compare players you need to compare khedira and busquets because they're more similar. I am a Barca fan but I rate him highly, he is a great player and mentally he is a leader. Just my opinion
He's won more balls then khedira and lass combined
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 31 Jul 2011, 08:48

I think that only goes to show Madrid lack a good defensive midfielder.

Xabi Alonso is the guy your relying on to win balls back against Xavi and Iniesta? And thats expected to go well?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun 31 Jul 2011, 09:14

The Franchise wrote:Strange comments.

What is an attacking center midfielder? Why is Alonso a DM because he plays deep?

Anyway, whatever.

He is limited though, he needs protection from another (better defensively) midfielder.

Also, he loves long passes so he doesnt get in final pass positions. I also agree with Free when he said, he is sort of clumsy on the ball and can be pressured into mistakes. At least, he looks that way when put under great pressure.

Sorry isnt this the same for every creative midfielder? When was the last time Xavi or Iniesta played without a DM? How does this make him limited? Doesnt this mean Xavi and Iniesta are also limited considering they too need a DM alongside them?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 31 Jul 2011, 17:46

BeautifulGame wrote:

Anyway, whatever.

Sorry isnt this the same for every creative midfielder? When was the last time Xavi or Iniesta played without a DM? How does this make him limited? Doesnt this mean Xavi and Iniesta are also limited considering they too need a DM alongside them?

Yeah, so? All I am basically saying is this is why he isnt a DM. He plays very deep, but he isnt a DM because he needs someone better then him defensively to play with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun 31 Jul 2011, 17:59

The Franchise wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Anyway, whatever.

Yeah, so? All I am basically saying is this is why he isnt a DM. He plays very deep, but he isnt a DM because he needs someone better then him defensively to play with.

True but that doesn't mean he is limited.Otherwise every creative midfielder can be labeled as limited.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 31 Jul 2011, 18:40

Well he is limited.

If has to play someone better defensively as a DM, but he doesnt have mobility to play final passes so he has to play with a number 10 in front of him.

Xavi doesnt have to do that, he can play final passes or he can collect the ball from the back four. He has the mentality and mobility to do those things.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun 31 Jul 2011, 18:52

Thats why Alonso is a Deep lying playmaker and Xavi is a CM.Xavi cant give defence the extra protection Alonso gives neither can he set counter attacking moves with pace Alonso can do.Also Xavi cant pick out players from the deep like with the accuracy of Alonso when the team is under pressure neither can he switch the flanks of attack like Alonso can with ease.Does this mean Xavi is limited too.

They are different types of midfielders so just because Alonso doesnt provide similar qualities to Xavi doesnt mean he is limited.Alonso is similar to Pirlo and no one would say Pirlo is a limited midfielder either.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next