scholes could have been sold

4 posters

Go down

scholes could have been sold Empty scholes could have been sold

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Paul Scholes has revealed he could easily have been sold by Manchester United after refusing to play in a League Cup tie a decade ago.

The midfielder retired at the end of last season after a glittering career at Old Trafford, but he admits it could have turned out much differently.

The former England international says he declined to play in a League Cup encounter against Arsenal in 2001, which United ended up losing 4-0.

Scholes did not want to be part of a shadow side for the game and concedes United boss Sir Alex Ferguson would have been within his rights to sell him.

"I don't know why I did what I did in 2001, but it is something I really regretted doing," Scholes is quoted as saying in several national newspapers.

"I wasn't in a great mood. I had been left out the Liverpool game the previous weekend and I knew that the team going down to Arsenal in the cup was basically a reserve side.

"I just got a bee in my bonnet that I wasn't happy with things. I had my reasons but it was stupid really.

"I ended up getting fined and having to apologise, but I was lucky. The manager would have been within his rights to get rid of me."

quite shocked to be honest, i never heard anything about this back then.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

scholes could have been sold Empty Re: scholes could have been sold

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Dodged a bullet.

It was really kept quiet, but he shouldn't of done what he had done, makes him sound a bit like a drama queen. At least he acknowledges it was wrong.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:54 pm

since he has retired from playing it seems that he cant stop talking. i swear he has spoken to the press more now than he did in his whole playing career.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NavJuve Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 am

I've said this for years, Scholes is probably the most honorable footballer in the past 20 years. Not once have I seen a newspaper make a story about him or seen him endorse a product or similar.

Scholes is truly the last of a dying breed.
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:14 am

I'm glad Scholes is telling us this stuff now rather than talking to the press during his career as if had done transfer rumours and chances of him leaving would of been alot likely... Transfers only happen generally when something bad happens between player and manager.
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down