Babun
white_star
Sir Psycho
Ganso
McLewis
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 am

In Livornese:

Ma perche' vesti budiuli ci rompano le palle con vesto Thiago che un si 'apisce se e' brasiliano o spagnolo? Almeno Motta ha un cognome italiano DOC.

wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 2 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:56 am

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:i'd swap Balotelli for Gilardino

Anyone must be crazy if they actually did that... But knowing Prandelli, he could at any time. He favors Gilardino, as he treats him like his puppet.

CroInter wrote:Nice contribution by Milan in NT.

And im really surprised by Matri not being invited, not really, im clearly just trolling :coffee:

What i would like to see:

Barwuah-Pazzini-Rossi

I know what a surprise, Inter having more Italians over Milan. Here come the MIlanista's claiming Prandelli's hates them.

like the line, but not 4-3-3, were using a 4-3-1-2.

wigglesworth wrote:Midfield looks weak to me. Only Motta and Pirlo are any good. De Rossi was crap all season. Riccardo "deer with headlights in eyes" Montolivo is talented with zero heart. Aquilani will get injured. Marchisio loser from loser team. Palomba relegation king and Nocerino from losing team with loser ower.

Does look weak, I'll admit to that. As we do lack also wingers. Your opinions, coming from an Interista, no surprise haha, you know about Marchisio and Juve. But Wiggles, your looking at it from the national team's perspective, so in reality you shouldn't hate on those who are actually that good. I rant on Abate, but it does not mean I dislike him. Aquilani has been injured all season. De Rossi I will agree, but his heart is always there, Montolivo has no heart with Fiorentina, but when it comes to the national team, he always puts on good performances and works hard, without a doubt. Bah, Palumbo is a thrid option behind Motta and De Rossi... Nocerino the same, but he is a quality player.

wigglesworth wrote:I don't like his style of play.

Your opinion, but that how he is. Very dynamic as he can play almost any where around the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 am

Ganso wrote:nah...if he was the best he would be getting at least some playing time with barca

He only just turned 18 lol, for example Deuloufu is one of the biggest talents at Barca but is'nt getting a look in atm because of his age, inexeperience and the fact they are simply not ready yet.

Guardiola does'nt like to bring them in too early look at Busquets and Pedro they were both into thier 20s before making thier debut.

Messi does'nt count because that was under Rijkaard Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 am

Well Sciacca, I hope my observations are wrong, because I would like to put Spain back where they belong. We are the most successful European World Cup team, we should take back our position.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:08 am

wigglesworth wrote:Midfield looks weak to me. Only Motta and Pirlo are any good. De Rossi was crap all season. Riccardo "deer with headlights in eyes" Montolivo is talented with zero heart. Aquilani will get injured. Marchisio loser from loser team. Palomba relegation king and Nocerino from losing team with loser ower.

dis rite thar, is the funniest post of the day. Laughing

although, you need Marchisio's kind against spain, the kind that run all day but still has a good all around game.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:16 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

dis rite thar, is the funniest post of the day. Laughing

although, you need Marchisio's kind against spain, the kind that run all day but still has a good all around game.

What may I ask, do you see in Marchisio.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:25 am

Within the group of players that you called, one of the better rounded guy. He is going to run a lot, he is a good athlete and he has a good technique on the ball. He can pass cleanly and goes box to box.

Every touch against spain is worth his weight in gold, so more competent you are on the ball, the more useful you will be to your team when you hold possession.

Ability wise, he is a good fit for such game. Now, is he going to choke? it's likely.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 am

wigglesworth wrote:Well Sciacca, I hope my observations are wrong, because I would like to put Spain back where they belong. We are the most successful European World Cup team, we should take back our position.

Of course, I'd like to see that too. I'd like to see Pirlo own Xavi. I'd like to Chiellini breaking one of their legs. I'd like to see Buffon showing Cassials why he is the better keeper. I'm not claiming Marchisio should start, but him on the national team, is already good enough as a substitute. Though, I do prefer him over Montolivo, that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 am

Marchisio is better than Montolivo, but that's not much.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 am

I like Montolivo

All these haters in here

He was great vs ....well actually now that I think about it, it was just Estonia

But still, he was awesome vs Estonia
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:19 am

bhends wrote:I like Montolivo

All these haters in here

He was great vs ....well actually now that I think about it, it was just Estonia

But still, he was awesome vs Estonia

As a Trequartista, with 2 assists. Nonetheless, one performance does not cut it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:20 am

wigglesworth wrote:Marchisio is better than Montolivo, but that's not much.

Agreed, but in my opinion, Marchisio is the most consistent Italian midfielder, up to date, not best, but consistent. Who do you prefer then over them two or any of the other midfielders? Someone maybe like Parolo?

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:59 am

The midfield was expected, apart from Parolo I can't think of too many options with which he might have experimented further, though Nocerino doesn't deserve a call-up at all.

Marchisio should be in the starting line-up and I'd play De Rossi considering that he's been repeatedly locked out previously, so Prandelli needs to see what he can do against top opposition under his guidance. Montolivo or Aquilani should play over Pirlo for this friendly, to see how far they've come. If the match is going badly for Italy then we can bring Andrea in, however apart from that we may as well see whether they've taken any significant steps forward mentally. If Pazzini starts then Montolivo should be used; they're great friends who have played together since they were youngsters and they retain their chemistry together. Prandelli will use as many substitutes as possible though, so I'd want Aquilani to get significant time as well.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 am

Spain is going to thump on Italy like never before!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 am

kiranr wrote:Spain is going to thump on Italy like never before!

Why would you expect a huge margin? It's early in the season, a game which will likely see countless substitutions disrupting the flow of each team, whilst Spain are a far cry from being clinical. Spain are the better team, but thump us? They had one goal victories over Scotland and Czech Republic in their only Qualifying tests of note.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 am

I just hope italy provides a great game. Any player can be good and any can be bad its just our choices that decide the path.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 am

dostoevsky wrote:

Why would you expect a huge margin? It's early in the season, a game which will likely see countless substitutions disrupting the flow of each team, whilst Spain are a far cry from being clinical. Spain are the better team, but thump us? They had one goal victories over Scotland and Czech Republic in their only Qualifying tests of note.

I was just kidding Dost. albino

I dont know what to expect from Italy really. The squad is different from the one that played in the WC right?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 am

Haha fair enough.

Our forward line has effectively been revolutionised since the World Cup, Balotelli, Cassano and Giussepe Rossi were all absent during that tournament, whilst Pazzini was rarely used under Lippi's reign, whilst Giovinco has also been included.

The backline has changed as well given the retirements of Cannavaro and Zambrotta from the national team, though the midfield is fairly stable apart from the addition of Thiago Motta and Aquilani. Italy realistically needs either one of Aquilani or Montolivo to finally step up to the plate, or to have a youngster step up this season, otherwise our fate is tied to Pirlo's. That or we need a forward to do the job that Forlan does for Uruguay in dropping back to help create and add the necessary spark.

The changes made to our attack alone since the World Cup are enough to make us a completely new team at the very least, once they become familiar with each other.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 am

dostoevsky wrote:Haha fair enough.

Our forward line has effectively been revolutionised since the World Cup, Balotelli, Cassano and Giussepe Rossi were all absent during that tournament, whilst Pazzini was rarely used under Lippi's reign, whilst Giovinco has also been included.

The backline has changed as well given the retirements of Cannavaro and Zambrotta from the national team, though the midfield is fairly stable apart from the addition of Thiago Motta and Aquilani. Italy realistically needs either one of Aquilani or Montolivo to finally step up to the plate, or to have a youngster step up this season, otherwise our fate is tied to Pirlo's. That or we need a forward to do the job that Forlan does for Uruguay in dropping back to help create and add the necessary spark.

The changes made to our attack alone since the World Cup are enough to make us a completely new team at the very least, once they become familiar with each other.

Balotelli has the talent to do that job. If only he had the attitude.

Combination of Aquilani, Montolivo and Balotelli dropping back will be really deadly with Rossi and Pazzini up front. They will lose some defensive strength with that line up though.

What do you feel their line up should be?

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am

The forward line requires Cassano, however I personally think a Christmas Tree formation with Balotelli and Rossi supporting Pazzini is ideal against a team like Spain at this stage of the season. Once Cassano has a few more weeks of training in his legs he can return on the basis of form, though he can still be a great super-sub for the Spain match, or to only play for perhaps a half or an hour. We need to see a rotation anyway, so we should give the less proven players the chance to start.

De Rossi, Pirlo and Marchisio is my preferred midfield, though it's pointless playing Pirlo except in official matches. Montolivo, Aquilani and Motta deserves spots in the squad, however I don't want to see Nocerino in the squad at all, I'd prefer to test youngsters or perhaps try less lauded midfielders such as Donadel or Galloppa.

Abate, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Criscito would be my ideal backline, though I'm satisfied with Maggio or Bonucci being allowed into that line-up. Balzaretti deserves a spot in the squad, however that's simply due to a dearth of quality Italian left backs. He's a great attacker though, to his credit, however he'll have to play out of his skin to keep the Spanish out. At least someone like Grosso knew how to give away freekicks with the same innocent face that lets Van Bommel get away with everything.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 am

From what i have seen of Aquilani and Montolivo, they can complement each other. Along with De Rossi or Motta, they can make a strong midfield. With Cassano or Balotelli dropping back, this combination would be more effective than Pirlo or Marchisio. I have not seen Marchisio, so i might be talking from my ass, but i definitely want to see that line up on the field!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:57 am

When is this friendly?

S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 pm

10th
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:23 pm

When has Spain ever "thumped" Italy? Best they could do last time we played in the Euros is beat us on penalties. I really like how these newbies jump on bandwagons.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Spain are miles better than italy currently though,Tactically and Player quality wise.

inbfr4WC
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Adit wrote:Spain are miles better than italy currently though,Tactically and Player quality wise.

inbfr4WC

ppl thought so bedore the portugal vs spian friendly
ffs give italy a chance
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next