Babun
white_star
Sir Psycho
Ganso
McLewis
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 4 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by kiranr Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:40 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
Adit wrote:hah lol thats " gut" was uncalled for i admit. Very Happy

But again spain are also shit in friendlies,they could care less about spanish NT when la liga is closer.

But it will not deny the fact that current spain is miles better tactically and player quality wise.

Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

One World Cup Spain, their first and last one, compared to Italy, the premier European national team whose water boy has more guts than the entire Spanish team. You have a lot of nerve to compare the two teams.

Spain will easily overtake Italy to be the most successful team in the world :coffee:

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 4 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:49 pm

wigglesworth wrote:Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

One World Cup Spain, their first and last one, compared to Italy, the premier European national team whose water boy has more guts than the entire Spanish team. You have a lot of nerve to compare the two teams.

But, it doesnt matter what kind of history Italy has. It's all about how good you are right now, and how you match up to Spain, whether or not your players can handle their passing style. That's the way football works. it didnt matter that utd was one of the best european team of the past 5 years, they got smooshed by barca in the CL final. Bringing up the number of trophies you have isnt relevant here im afraid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm

wigglesworth wrote:

But again spain are also shit in friendlies,they could care less about spanish NT when la liga is closer.

But it will not deny the fact that current spain is miles better tactically and player quality wise.

Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

who is 10 year old again?

Apart from your "Italy has 4 WC" argument,what facts are there that shows italy is closer to Spain?

Spanish team ATM is tactically on a different level to Italy.They have outclassed the entire World cup teams by playing a waiting game.

Player quality is incomparable atm,fabregas,mata,silva,llorente,borja....spanish bench player will meet italian NT quality now days.In Which position italy has better player than spain?Heck Even close?

Italian NT atm cant win agaist spain in a meaningful competition.

Italies best attacking player,Rossi will be 4th or 5th in Spanish NT pecking order.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

But, it doesnt matter what kind of history Italy has. It's all about how good you are right now, and how you match up to Spain, whether or not your players can handle their passing style. That's the way football works. it didnt matter that utd was one of the best european team of the past 5 years, they got smooshed by barca in the CL final. Bringing up the number of trophies you have isnt relevant here im afraid.

Good point, but history always plays a factor, as everyone knows Italy, and how everyone knows Spain, Italy will always be Italy in which one of the best Football Nations on the planet, regardless of anything. Yes, Spain is currently the best in the World, and have won also the Euro, the same was with France back in 1998 then in 2000. But not every nation will keep winning each tournament, it will die eventually and expect it to come sooner than later. But let's look now, meaning after the World Cup. If look at both squads there is no doubt that Spain is better, however, there is no denying that Italy still has a chance in defeating them regardless if it's a friendly or a serious match. Take it into consideration, Italy went from 16th in the Fifa Rankings all the way up to 6th, and now as well leading their Qualification group, one game away from qualifying for the Euro's. So in fact CURRENTLY, as you mentioned both Squads are good, one better than the other, but not by Miles. Players comparisons don't matter, it's results, and stats. but though, last I checked, Spain didn't defeat us in regular time, only managed too in shootouts, with a less talented squad I might add, so then again, anything can happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Adit wrote:Apart from your "Italy has 4 WC" argument,what facts are there that shows italy is closer to Spain?

Spanish team ATM is tactically on a different level to Italy.They have outclassed the entire World cup teams by playing a waiting game.

Player quality is incomparable atm,fabregas,mata,silva,llorente,borja....spanish bench player will meet italian NT quality now days.In Which position italy has better player than spain?Heck Even close?

Italies best attacking player,Rossi will be 4th or 5th in Spanish NT pecking order.

Well not many facts, but I mentioned how they can be compared to each other, but as I said, Spain is currently the better squad, as in historically or in general, then they don't even compare as Italy is superior. However when you look at it in general, Italy will always be better than Spain as in a historical squad. To be honest, you can't really claim Spain to be better with only one World Cup Victory, as that really dosen't make sense. In which I fully understand Wiggles here, for saying how dare anyone compare such nations and claim these sort of things.

Well, when it comes to Tactics, I'll say they sure did good, within their philosophy of play in which is ball possession, needless to say, some of those tactics were in fact used mostly in Italian football, after scoring one or two goals, so tactically, those tactics were from from Italian football, in which shouldn't be all credited by Spain at all, and there is no way on this planet, that Spain can even compare to Italy's tactics, as they are the masters of it, and have won all their World Cups with their tactics as well as Serie A clubs in Champions League and what not. Looking back at Inter for example. But surely, this 'Anti-Football' none sense that many people claim and like to say are enjoying it when Spain uses it, of course Italy used it all the time, but when Italy used it, it was a disgrace.

"In Brazil, a defence will be outplayed, in England it will be outrun. In Italy, it will be outwitted."

Of course, they have better players, but needless to say, since when do we compare clubs on players? Players only play one part of a squad, your forgetting, the mentality, fitness and tactics of the game. In which already Italy dominate in two. Italy never had the best players going into tournaments, sure we always had talent, but compared to the likes of Brazil and what not Italy was always underrated and never mentioned as contenders, well look at 2006? We managed to be the almighty France, back in 1982, we had the exact same problem we even stopped speaking with the media, what happened? We managed to beat the all mighty Brazil in 1982 make it one of the best World Cup games in history. I'm not forgetting the likes of Zoff and Rossi, but the whole point is, you can't just look at players and claim they are the better team because of it, it just dosen't work that way. In fact, I'd keep it that way, let us always be the under dogs, we've proved time and time again we are capable. Look at the Champions League, back in 2007, Milan were the only Italian club left with the other EPL clubs, who came out the winner? Milan. In 2010, Inter facing Chelsea, Barcalona in which their oppositions were favored to go through and win, what happend? Inter won. That is what I mean.

Once again, I got to disagree, how can you come up with such assumption and say we can't beat Spain? First of all, anyone can as anything can happen. Second, when looking back in the past, Spain wasn't able to beat us in regular, nor in extra time, with a less talented Squad in which we managed to keep Spain without scoring for the whole game. How? With defensive tactics. We were a squad who weren't able to beat Romania, dominated by Netherlands and luckily pulled through a poor France, and what happened the Euro Champions weren't to score a single goal vs Italy? Oh dear, it required shootouts in which made them win, Italy had their chances of course on the counter, so that game could of gone either or, so in this case, you assumptions are biased and pointless as Italy has a great chance in beating Spain.

Agreed, Rossi is right now our best striker, but then again we have the likes of Balotelli, Pazzini, Cassano and etc... the list goes on and our strikers are not as good as Spain, but that is irrelavent as we have good enough strikers and some already World Class.

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:10 pm

kiranr wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

Spain will easily overtake Italy to be the most successful team in the world :coffee:

You are delusional. Spain will be like France, they will have won one WC and then go back to being the also rans they had always been. Trust me.

"Spain will easily overtake Italy" ha, how old are you to be so delusional, 10?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Spain need 3 more World Cups to be as successful as Italy, not "better" but "as" and I'm certain there is more stuff to add in. I see Italy are being underestimated again. Not that I'm any different, still feel Spain would win this friendly but it certainly won't be a thumping...

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 pm

wigglesworth wrote:You are delusional. Spain will be like France, they will have won one WC and then go back to being the also rans they had always been. Trust me.

"Spain will easily overtake Italy" ha, how old are you to be so delusional, 10?

Wiggles Epic once again! And I agree, how delusional can this kid be? Back in 1998 France won the WC then in 2000 then won the Euro, after that what happened? They proclaimed them as they are proclaiming Spain right now. They stunk after that, reality is You can't always win, you can't always be the best, and the time for Spain is going to be sooner or later in which I believe soon.

Doc wrote:Spain need 3 more World Cups to be as successful as Italy, not "better" but "as" and I'm certain there is more stuff to add in. I see Italy are being underestimated again. Not that I'm any different, still feel Spain would win this friendly but it certainly won't be a thumping...

Agreed, and they will not catch up at this point. You know, it took Spain what 70 years for them to win their first World Cup? How long will it be they win their next one?

Agreed once again, we are always underestimated, let it be that way, we were in 82... we won. We were in 2006 due to scandals, and we won again. So be it then. I'm happy like this, lets the haters hate. We will prove them wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:05 am

Anyways, we shall see who will be the better squad...

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 am

For newer fans of football, Italy's epic 4th World Cup may have been forgotten and all that is remembered is Italy's awful 2010 performance, that many of us saw coming after Lippi's horrendous decision to base the Azzurri on the aged 2006 World Cup champions.

Italy was eliminated by North Korea in 1966, Italy has seen the abyss before. It is noteworthy to remember, however, that in the next World Cup in 1970, Italy eliminated Germany in the semifinal that is now known as the "Game of the Century" and lost to Brazil in the final.

Italy has always come back from the abyss, Could they remain a second rate team for more than one World Cup? Possible, but highly improbable.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 am

wigglesworth wrote:For newer fans of football, Italy's epic 4th World Cup may have been forgotten and all that is remembered is Italy's awful 2010 performance, that many of us saw coming after Lippi's horrendous decision to base the Azzurri on the aged 2006 World Cup champions.

Italy was eliminated by North Korea in 1966, Italy has seen the abyss before. It is noteworthy to remember, however, that in the next World Cup in 1970, Italy eliminated Germany in the semifinal that is now known as the "Game of the Century" and lost to Brazil in the final.

Italy has always come back from the abyss, Could they remain a second rate team for more than one World Cup? Possible, but highly improbable.

Epic post once again! This is why I truly respect Wiggles !

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Adit wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

who is 10 year old again?

Apart from your "Italy has 4 WC" argument,what facts are there that shows italy is closer to Spain?

Spain didnt outclass anyone, they barely won. Robben could easily have scored in the 1vs1 against Casillas and won the game in the WC final

Abate is better than all the spanish players put together. :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Abate is better than Ramos, what do you expect people...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4