Babun
white_star
Sir Psycho
Ganso
McLewis
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by theaguia Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Adit wrote:Spain are miles better than italy currently though,Tactically and Player quality wise.

inbfr4WC

ppl thought so bedore the portugal vs spian friendly
ffs give italy a chance

theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Empty Re: Italy squad for Spain friendly.

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 pm

CroInter wrote:10th

I see. This is great, with the amount of Barca players who start for Spain, and the lack of ours... Maybe theirs will get tired, but Pep will tell his players not to go like last year, probably. Note that Spain always loses friendlies.

Is it in Spain, or Italy?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:35 am

wigglesworth wrote:
kiranr wrote:Spain is going to thump on Italy like never before!

When has Spain ever "thumped" Italy? Best they could do last time we played in the Euros is beat us on penalties. I really like how these newbies jump on bandwagons.

Well before the Euro's, we did have a friendly against them, we lost 1-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:50 am

Saetablanca wrote:

I see. This is great, with the amount of Barca players who start for Spain, and the lack of ours... Maybe theirs will get tired, but Pep will tell his players not to go like last year, probably. Note that Spain always loses friendlies.

Italy. its either in bari or napoli, if it's in napoli then that gives italy a major boost
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:51 am

Adit wrote:Spain are miles better than italy currently though,Tactically and Player quality wise.

inbfr4WC

Gee, did you think of that yourself ? You must be some sort of footballing genius !
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 am

For a country that is quite successful, I always find they tend to be labelled the "underdog" on more than enough occasions. Maybe it's just my young mind deluding me once again.

Also, Spain is gonna win this one unless Spain doesn't put their best foot forward then I foresee a draw...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:57 am

Doc wrote:For a country that is quite successful, I always find they tend to be labelled the "underdog" on more than enough occasions. Maybe it's just my young mind deluding me once again.

Also, Spain is gonna win this one unless Spain doesn't put their best foot forward then I foresee a draw...

What ?!?! You mean if Spain play badly Italia is worthy enough of a draw ? What a generous country. God bless them.

You do not understand why they are the underdog yet make statements like that ? Is that just a bandwagon approach ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:58 am

Italy will win, Spain are very technical but they play slowly, it suits Italians Very Happy
Expect 0-0 or 1-0 for Italy if Iniesta or Silva don't pop out with a goal out of nowhere Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Doc wrote:For a country that is quite successful, I always find they tend to be labelled the "underdog" on more than enough occasions. Maybe it's just my young mind deluding me once again.

What ?!?! You mean if Spain play badly Italia is worthy enough of a draw ? What a generous country. God bless them.

You do not understand why they are the underdog yet make statements like that ? Is that just a bandwagon approach ?

I have a feeling you misunderstood every word in my post but I'll retort anyway. Since I was but a child, I've always found teams were always "better" than Italy and yet Italy would win anyway. When Italy faced Netherlands in Euro 2000, they actually checked out the hotel as they expected they'll lose. Needless to say, they did not. So as I got older and one reads about Italy and it's past and recent past glory (and of course, watching them), one wonders why do people still underestimate Italy considering they are successful.

With that said, Spain is better than Italy currently and unless Spain doesn't take this match serious, I really can't see Italy winning.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:05 am

But for the short times when Germany had as many World Cups as us, we have been the most successful European team in football. This tends to put nearly everyone against us and any chance to denigrate us either by rating us as the underdog or as the lesser team will be taken.

And sometimes, as in 2010, they will have been right, but most of the time the detractors are wrong.

And that upsets them even more. So now you will see how Spain is going "thump" us.

No one gave us a chance against the home team Germany in 2006, no one. We were going to be ripped apart, the German panzers were going to grind us up. Instead, we beat them 2-0.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 am

Internal wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Italy. its either in bari or napoli, if it's in napoli then that gives italy a major boost

Its in Bari... Not Napoli.

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 am

Ironic that Thiago Alcantara may debut for Spain against Italy, near the place of his birth.

I'm calling kidnapping on this one :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:38 am

It may not be in Napoli.

But in Bari, the fans are no joke there as neither is the massive Stadio san nicola which is old, but a great stadio as especially for a serie B team.

It holds 60, 000

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 20347_ori_stadio_san_nicola

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Stadio-San-Nicola-4

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Stadio_bari

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Animazione1cy0

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 A.S.Bari

Italy squad for Spain friendly. - Page 3 Coreografia_curva_nord
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 am

Born in Italy of a Brazilian father playing for Spain. Now that's something.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 pm

surely people dont want to admit that,spanish bench team will not be far away from italian NT quality,on paper atleast.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Gotta agree with pretty much everything dostoevsky says. Hopefully some of the younger guys can step up, this is a good shot for them.

O and ricordate napoletani, sarete sempre inferiori a noi... Bari sempre superiori. There will be a much better crowd at the San Nicola than at that dump in Napoli Cool
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:03 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

inbfr4WC

Gee, did you think of that yourself ? You must be some sort of footballing genius !
You must be delusional to think that this italian team has the guts to play against this spain .so many Spanish bench players will meet current italian NT player quality.Italy have no chance against current spain in a meaningful competition.Friendlies are another story though.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 pm

[/quote]You must be delusional to think that this italian team has the guts to play against this spain .so many Spanish bench players will meet current italian NT player quality.Italy have no chance against current spain in a meaningful competition.Friendlies are another story though.

[/quote]

Easy now, unless you started watching football in 2010 you should know that Italy always has the guts to play any team on the planet. Its plain to see that Spain has more talent, no one denys that, but to say someone is delusional to think Italy has the guts to play Spain is totally moronic.

And by the way, friendlies are when Italy are most vulnerable, in tournament play with backs against the wall Italy is ALWAYS tough to beat. Even at Euros Spain only won on penaltys and that was against an Italian squad with half the talent of this one. so this "unmeaningful" match is a good shot for Spain to beat the greatest European nation of all time. :king:
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 pm

hah lol thats " gut" was uncalled for i admit. Very Happy

But again spain are also shit in friendlies,they could care less about spanish NT when la liga is closer.

But it will not deny the fact that current spain is miles better tactically and player quality wise.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Adit wrote:hah lol thats " gut" was uncalled for i admit. Very Happy

But again spain are also shit in friendlies,they could care less about spanish NT when la liga is closer.

But it will not deny the fact that current spain is miles better tactically and player quality wise.

Not miles better at all especially not tactically, but better player quality I agree with but as we know you have to win on the field and not on paper thats why the game is played and I will never count Italy out of any match even with this shadow of an Italian team(in my opinion)

It should be a good match but im expecting a boring one.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Fair enough,im too expecting a boring match.

Players could care less about their NT when club football is around,especially for spanish players.They will just pass the ball around to kill off the game.
Italy will look to avoid a huge defeat, they will park the bus.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Adit wrote:Fair enough,im too expecting a boring match.

Players could care less about their NT when club football is around,especially for spanish players.They will just pass the ball around to kill off the game.
Italy will look to avoid a huge defeat, they will park the bus.
due it is not parking the bus, you can only use the term when real does it for all other teams it is called a tactical masterclass
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm predicting a 1-1 draw.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Thiago to score the winning Goal! :coffee:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

One World Cup Spain, their first and last one, compared to Italy, the premier European national team whose water boy has more guts than the entire Spanish team. You have a lot of nerve to compare the two teams.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 pm

wigglesworth wrote:

Not only was it uncalled for, you ten year old p.o.s., you haven't a clue about Italy. Started watching football 2 years ago, heh.

One World Cup Spain, their first and last one, compared to Italy, the premier European national team whose water boy has more guts than the entire Spanish team. You have a lot of nerve to compare the two teams.

Spain will easily overtake Italy to be the most successful team in the world :coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next