Arquitecto
DeviAngel
PinePHresh
IzzyC08
wigglesworth
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pozzo won't strengthen Udinese: "I don't want to flatter Arsenal." LOL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pozzo won't strengthen Udinese: "I don't want to flatter Arsenal." LOL

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 am

It still very much dispels the fallacy in the argument of this topic, that is that Udinese is selling its stars because they're greedy.

chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Pozzo won't strengthen Udinese: "I don't want to flatter Arsenal." LOL - Page 3 Empty Re: Pozzo won't strengthen Udinese: "I don't want to flatter Arsenal." LOL

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 am

chinomaster182 wrote:It still very much dispels the fallacy in the argument of this topic, that is that Udinese is selling its stars because they're greedy.

Tobad for them, Pozzo is making money better for him, worst for the league, why would he care...

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:51 am

chinomaster182 wrote:It still very much dispels the fallacy in the argument of this topic, that is that Udinese is selling its stars because they're greedy.

No it does not, you have to read the formula. Although contracts are made individually, the proceeds of the big clubs have to be distributed in a manner that is far more egalitarian than in Spain.

Yes, Udinese are greedy, far greedier than Napoli, for example.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:54 am

Pozzo is most definetly not making money on Udinese (facepalm). Thats the whole point. Udinese continually lose money EVEN after they sell players.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/05/udinese-selling-their-way-to-top.html

As i already said, Italy cannot put their UEFA coefficient future on medium teams like Udinese, Napoli, Sampdoria, etc. They're too small to compete.

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:56 am

Uh no? Their not that small...

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:57 am

wigglesworth wrote:

No it does not, you have to read the formula. Although contracts are made individually, the proceeds of the big clubs have to be distributed in a manner that is far more egalitarian than in Spain.

A profit trend for a football club cannot be simplified by looking at TV revenue and calling it a day, in fact we could actually make an argument that the more ambitious Udinese is, the more money they will lose.

Read the swiss ramble great analysis that i linked above.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 am

sciacca wrote:Uh no? Their not that small...

They're not big enough to compete with clubs like United, Madrid, Barcelona,etc. The turnover big clubs make compared to Udinese is about 5 times more.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:59 am

chinomaster182 wrote:

They're not big enough to compete with clubs like United, Madrid, Barcelona,etc. The turnover big clubs make compared to Udinese is about 5 times more.

Were talking about Europa, not champions league. You got already Inter, Milan, Roma, Juventus for that and soon to be Napoli.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:23 am

Sciacca you being Italian I expected more knowledge from you when it comes to Italian teams, "worst for the league" really?

Did you know that Pozzo is planning on using that money, for renewing the citys' stadium at his own expences?

The club has announced plans to renovate the Stadio Friuli, though interestingly the work will actually reduce the stadium’s capacity from the current (restricted) 30,667 to a more realistic 22,000. Although one objective is to increase revenue, the underlying objective is to make the stadium a “theatre of football”, which will be more attractive to local fans and tempt the crowds back. Pozzo explained, “We don’t want a cathedral in the desert.”

The initial plans were for a multi-purpose development, including restaurants, hotels, gyms and a commercial area, but this met with opposition from existing concerns. Instead, the local council has in principle approved a modern, two tier stadium with all seats fully covered and the athletics track eliminated, bringing the spectators closer to the pitch.

There will be more hospitality areas and the club will be allowed to stage a number of events, such as music concerts and rugby matches, which will generate additional revenue, but this is not likely to be significant in my opinion. There has been no mention to date of any naming rights.

Unlike Juventus, the “new” stadium will not belong to the club, but continue to be owned by the council. In return for Udinese paying all the construction costs, which are estimated to be around €25 million, the council will give the club a 65-year lease and reduce the annual rent, which is currently €200,000 a year. The other condition that Pozzo has imposed is that the building work must commence this summer, so that the new stadium is ready in time for the start of the 2013/14 season.

I guess this is how the system rewards Serie A teams in Italy. But ya what do we all know, Pozzo is jut being greedy, and not looking for the future stability of his club. Nor is he trying to built a solid foundation for his club.

On the other hand:

Juve has been running on a net profit after taxation for 3-4 years now; yet we have'nt seen a single super star signed instead we see Licg, Zig, Pirlo (2011), I guess this is Juves' plan to help Italy gain back it's fourth spot.

Juve have been using the moneys to built their own statdium, to generate more revenue for the club.

But ya I totally agree with you Pozzo is THE greedy SOB.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:27 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

A profit trend for a football club cannot be simplified by looking at TV revenue and calling it a day, in fact we could actually make an argument that the more ambitious Udinese is, the more money they will lose.

Read the swiss ramble great analysis that i linked above.

I found that linked last night, and it there I got the post I posted, I was more than amzed when reading it and actually I guess Udinese will be my second favourite Italian club Very Happy .

BTW I've been looking for the Italian taxation system, do u jave a link for that?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 am

sciacca wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

Were talking about Europa, not champions league. You got already Inter, Milan, Roma, Juventus for that and soon to be Napoli.

I guess you meant Udinese, Juve are not in any european competition this season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 am

baresi wrote:Sciacca you being Italian I expected more knowledge from you when it comes to Italian teams, "worst for the league" really?

Did you know that Pozzo is planning on using that money, for renewing the citys' stadium at his own expences?

The club has announced plans to renovate the Stadio Friuli, though interestingly the work will actually reduce the stadium’s capacity from the current (restricted) 30,667 to a more realistic 22,000. Although one objective is to increase revenue, the underlying objective is to make the stadium a “theatre of football”, which will be more attractive to local fans and tempt the crowds back. Pozzo explained, “We don’t want a cathedral in the desert.”

The initial plans were for a multi-purpose development, including restaurants, hotels, gyms and a commercial area, but this met with opposition from existing concerns. Instead, the local council has in principle approved a modern, two tier stadium with all seats fully covered and the athletics track eliminated, bringing the spectators closer to the pitch.

There will be more hospitality areas and the club will be allowed to stage a number of events, such as music concerts and rugby matches, which will generate additional revenue, but this is not likely to be significant in my opinion. There has been no mention to date of any naming rights.

Unlike Juventus, the “new” stadium will not belong to the club, but continue to be owned by the council. In return for Udinese paying all the construction costs, which are estimated to be around €25 million, the council will give the club a 65-year lease and reduce the annual rent, which is currently €200,000 a year. The other condition that Pozzo has imposed is that the building work must commence this summer, so that the new stadium is ready in time for the start of the 2013/14 season.

I guess this is how the system rewards Serie A teams in Italy. But ya what do we all know, Pozzo is jut being greedy, and not looking for the future stability of his club. Nor is he trying to built a solid foundation for his club.

On the other hand:

Juve has been running on a net profit after taxation for 3-4 years now; yet we have'nt seen a single super star signed instead we see Licg, Zig, Pirlo (2011), I guess this is Juves' plan to help Italy gain back it's fourth spot.

Juve have been using the moneys to built their own statdium, to generate more revenue for the club.

Oh that's right, because I'm Italian, I should know everything that goes on with Udinese in which I don't follow, neither I can careless about sorry to say. No I didn't know, however, it still does not change the fact that now we lost another club less competitive. Pastore gone, Sanchez gone. Udinese loosing all their star players... Sure it will help them for the future, nonetheless what difference does it make... Worst for the league as in competition with other's. That being said, we can kiss Udinese's chances good bye. We can forget about Palermo as they are eliminated from the Europa... What's next?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 am

baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

I guess you meant Udinese, Juve are not in any european competition this season.

Not only for this season, but in general. Meaning for the upcoming seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:37 am

sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:Sciacca you being Italian I expected more knowledge from you when it comes to Italian teams, "worst for the league" really?

On the other hand:

Oh that's right, because I'm Italian, I should know everything that goes on with Udinese in which I don't follow, neither I can careless about sorry to say. No I didn't know, however, it still does not change the fact that now we lost another club less competitive. Pastore gone, Sanchez gone. Udinese loosing all their star players... Sure it will help them for the future, nonetheless what difference does it make... Worst for the league as in competition with other's. That being said, we can kiss Udinese's chances good bye. We can forget about Palermo as they are eliminated from the Europa... What's next?

I did'nt know that sorry, I was under the impression that you knew all about Udin and Pozzo for your initial opinions.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

sciacca wrote:
baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

Not only for this season, but in general. Meaning for the upcoming seasons.
Well lets wait and see for that, I thought Jve fans had the same hope for last season.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 am

baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:

On the other hand:

I did'nt know that sorry, I was under the impression that you knew all about Udin and Pozzo for your initial opinions.

I don't know 'all', I know the basics per say. As a casual fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:57 am

baresi wrote:
BTW I've been looking for the Italian taxation system, do u jave a link for that?

No i don't, i find your question interesting, however from what i've read on the Swiss Ramble blog it seems like Spain has it worse on taxes, look it up in his analysis on the Ibra-Eto'o transfer.

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:00 am

As a fan or Serie A i'm frustrated too about losing the 4th spot. It's just that i don't think Serie A can rely on the medium teams to do well in Europe, the big teams need to start being competitive again.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 am

chinomaster182 wrote:As a fan or Serie A i'm frustrated too about losing the 4th spot. It's just that i don't think Serie A can rely on the medium teams to do well in Europe, the big teams need to start being competitive again.

And that is what Juventus and Roma are doing now... hopefully Milan can actually go far this time... and win it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3