India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

+26
rsinatra
Wilson37
Eivindo
BiasedMilanFan3
AnJl
Catracho
El Chelsea Fuerte
wigglesworth
BeautifulGame
Lord Hades
Super_Floren
free_cat
Ganso
The Madrid One
cheesy
barca 2011
Harmonica
TalkingReckless
B-Mac
kiranr
Art Morte
M99
Lord Spencer
justdoit_
S
Josefaltafino
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by S Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 pm

free_cat wrote:Funny, one of the shortest people in the world obsessing with Basketball.

Just like the phillipines.

An average height of 5 feet 7 inches doesnt make them one of the shortest people in the world..

Wonder where you get your information from.. Very Happy

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 Empty Re: India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket.

Post by juberish Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

free_cat wrote:Funny, one of the shortest people in the world obsessing with Basketball.

.... you've heard of Yoa Ming right?
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm

i thought that too before i moved to china... everyone in Pakistan used to make fun of chinese people for being short...

yes there are short people the older gen are......but the new gen are all normal and some really tall....

some of my friends in my School were Chinese and they were taller then me and i am 6'1

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 Tallestman

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 Baoxishun%20(7)

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 1184444_f520
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:

An average height of 5 feet 7 inches doesnt make them one of the shortest people in the world..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

They are clearly on the short side. Pwned.

Off course there is big people like Yao Ming, China is 1.600 milion people ffs, and I can see young people being taller, but young people is also taller in Europe and other countries with more height. I'm 1.80 and I'm average in Catalonia.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:01 am

free_cat wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

Off course there is big people like Yao Ming, China is 1.600 milion people ffs, and I can see young people being taller, but young people is also taller in Europe and other countries with more height. I'm 1.80 and I'm average in Catalonia.

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 16k3pzb

Please view the table again..There are countries which have average height less than china..

That doesnt relatively make them one of the shortest people in the world..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 am

free_cat wrote:Ok, you win, India is a very rich country (3.600$ GDP/CapitaPP, 129th in the world) that has all kind of facilities, doens't have any problem, anywhere with health or nutrition (64.7 years of life expectancy, 137th in the world), and they are not more than 10 times bigger than their competitors at cricket (India 1.200 milion, Australia 22 milion, UK 50 milion, etc.).

Gosh...

Surag.Blueguy wrote:LMAO..i knew you would bring per capita incomes here...I want to make it clear..per capita incomes and rest all stats being brought up by you doesnt bear relevance to the topic 'THAT WAS' being discussed..

Pls go read the other thread..I've explained everything there..

@Arquitecto when did i say there are no problems in india..

Dont want to explain everything here ,i am not denying in anything what you're saying and pls go read the thread based on india..scroll down and you'll find it..

And yeah i am not aware of the obvious problems in the country..What a JOKE !!

I continue here as it is the place to talk about this. I brought up GDP/capita as it is a very relevant aspect. Do you know that in Norway practicing sports is considered a right and all of them have a Top sports facility indoors and outdoors close to their home? Well, you can't do that with only 3.600$ per capita as India has. Also, the fact that india is 137th in life expectancy also proves there are issues in health and nutrition, both key aspects to sporting development.

You are 1.200 milion people and almost everyone plays cricket, off course you have to be good at it even if you are not rich and don't have the best nutrition/health. And if your competitors are small and cricket is not the only sport, even more.

I understand no one likes to be told they live in a country that is not rich, etc. I don't do that with any intention of being offensive. I'd love India to have great levels of well being, but the facts, are the facts, and how they influence sports too.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 16k3pzb

Please view the table again..There are countries which have average height less than china..

That doesnt relatively make them one of the shortest people in the world..

Mate, they are 1.66/1.70 according to that table. Only 10 countries are shorter than them.
You have a problem, seriously.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

They are relatively taller than most of the asian and african countries in that list..

Maybe you overexaggarated by calling them as one of the shortest people in the world..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:They are relatively taller than most of the asian and african countries in that list..

Maybe you overexaggarated by calling them as one of the shortest people in the world..

Off course I was exaggerating. If it wasn't clear enough: it was supposed to be an humorous post.

Anyway, you have a serious problem with dealing with facts and reality. Very Happy

Ps. I'm 27 but I don't see why you want to know that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 am

free_cat wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:They are relatively taller than most of the asian and african countries in that list..

Off course I was exaggerating. If it wasn't clear enough: it was supposed to be an humorous post.

Anyway, you have a serious problem with dealing with facts and reality. Very Happy

Yeah..Me being indian hardly know whats going in the country and i am not aware of the facts..thank you very much mate..

I dont want to look foolish responding to you over and over again because you clearly wont budge from your opinion..

And i'm sure you have not read my posts properly and you conveniently write it off by bringing up a couple of wiki stats which doesnt bear relevance to what i was discussing with my fellow indians..

thanks for your time free_cat..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

free_cat wrote:

Ps. I'm 27 but I don't see why you want to know that.

Curiosity kills the cat you know..On a serious note i'm less arrogant towards people who are older than me by a considerable age..

I'd try to be more diplomatic the next time i debate with you.. Very Happy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Yeah..Me being indian hardly know whats going in the country and i am not aware of the facts..thank you very much mate..

I dont want to look foolish responding to you over and over again because you clearly wont budge from your opinion..

thanks for the time free_cat..

You have claimed several times your country is fine in terms of wealth, health and nutrition, while all relevant data points India is actually sub-par in those. Maybe you know a lot about your country, but then, you probably don't know much about others.

You know that in rich countries there are lots of top level sporting facilities where they recruit and train sportsman from a young age? Government funds them and Sportsmen receive a scolarship even when they are kids. Kids are also medically supervised and given nutrition plans.

In football it's different: the organization is private (Football Clubs) but still the facilities are mostly provided by the govermnet as most of the football fields of small clubs (nowadays almost all of them of synthetic grass) are owned by the government. When players in local clubs tunr out to be good, big clubs like Barça sign them, and nurture them in their State of the art facilities, with the best coaches, medical supervision and nutrition plans.

So obviously wealth, nutrittion, health, etc are very important factors to have good sportsman in a country, and all studies can show that easily.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:43 am

free_cat wrote:You have claimed several times your country is fine in terms of wealth, health and nutrition, while all relevant data points India is actually sub-par in those. Maybe you know a lot about your country, but then, you probably don't know much about others.

You know that in rich countries there are lots of top level sporting facilities where they recruit and train sportsman from a young age? Government funds them and Sportsmen receive a scolarship even when they are kids. Kids are also medically supervised and given nutrition plans.

Oh God !! I am exhausted to respond over and over again..

When i mentioned "financially healthy" i meant to say individual sporting bodies in our country are financially healthy ..its just that they are not being administered properly..

And even in the current situation we can produce great sports talent if sports in the country is less politicized and government actually gives MORE IMPORTANCE to sports..And clearly they are not..

Funds that have been allocated for sports are considerably less..

Its obvious that we'd produce more talent with the kind of facilities that is provided in other countries are available here..

BUT I' M TALKING ABOUT THE CURRENT STANDPOINT OF SPORTS IN THE COUNTRY..

And we would be in a much improved situation in a sense we'd bring more glory to our country if corruption is totally eradicated and SPORTS IS RUN PROFESSIONALLY IN THE COUNTRY...

Even in such dire circumstances,we have produced some of the best boxing talent,world class badminton players and we've won a lot of medals than previuos years.

But Football seems to be an entirely different story..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:44 am

free_cat wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:
free_cat wrote:

thanks for the time free_cat..

You have claimed several times your country is fine in terms of wealth, health and nutrition, while all relevant data points India is actually sub-par in those. Maybe you know a lot about your country, but then, you probably don't know much about others.

In football it's different: the organization is private (Football Clubs) but still the facilities are mostly provided by the govermnet as most of the football fields of small clubs (nowadays almost all of them of synthetic grass) are owned by the government. When players in local clubs tunr out to be good, big clubs like Barça sign them, and nurture them in their State of the art facilities, with the best coaches, medical supervision and nutrition plans.

So obviously wealth, nutrittion, health, etc are very important factors to have good sportsman in a country, and all studies can show that easily.

U are missing the point mate.Yes issues like wealth health nutrition are important factors and India's isnt comparable to Germany or England.But isnt justification for our poor team or infrastructure.How many African countries have better nutrition and Health facilities than India yet most have better teams.So this isnt the major issue.

Also being one of the largest country in the world (7th to be precise) development isnt spread equally.I mean we have states( or regions as some call it) where these facilities are world class and places where they are poor.And frankly all those UNO statistics about these arent exactly accurate either so dont think people from other countries have exact picture about it either and clouded by ignorance when discussing about it(No offense).Just my personal experience though.

For all the stuff about poor and nutrition we are the 3rd strongest country in purchasing power capacity in the world.That cant be possible for a poor country can it?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:51 am

free_cat wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ok, you win, India is a very rich country (3.600$ GDP/CapitaPP, 129th in the world) that has all kind of facilities, doens't have any problem, anywhere with health or nutrition (64.7 years of life expectancy, 137th in the world), and they are not more than 10 times bigger than their competitors at cricket (India 1.200 milion, Australia 22 milion, UK 50 milion, etc.).

Gosh...

Surag.Blueguy wrote:LMAO..i knew you would bring per capita incomes here...I want to make it clear..per capita incomes and rest all stats being brought up by you doesnt bear relevance to the topic 'THAT WAS' being discussed..

Dont want to explain everything here ,i am not denying in anything what you're saying and pls go read the thread based on india..scroll down and you'll find it..

I continue here as it is the place to talk about this. I brought up GDP/capita as it is a very relevant aspect. Do you know that in Norway practicing sports is considered a right and all of them have a Top sports facility indoors and outdoors close to their home? Well, you can't do that with only 3.600$ per capita as India has. Also, the fact that india is 137th in life expectancy also proves there are issues in health and nutrition, both key aspects to sporting development.

You are 1.200 milion people and almost everyone plays cricket, off course you have to be good at it even if you are not rich and don't have the best nutrition/health. And if your competitors are small and cricket is not the only sport, even more.

I understand no one likes to be told they live in a country that is not rich, etc. I don't do that with any intention of being offensive. I'd love India to have great levels of well being, but the facts, are the facts, and how they influence sports too.

We, as a country, are not rich as you rightly showed Free.

But our politicians are SUPER wealthy. This is the amount of money they have made through corruption over the years which has been documented.

India can be the best team in the world, and produce the best players, if football was as famous as cricket. - Page 5 Corruptionlist

That is $20 trillion.

Being poor is not the issue, the lack of intent is the issue. Money can be generated, but what use is it if no one cares....
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

free_cat wrote:

Gosh...

Where are you from? Spain?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Ade wrote:

Where are you from? Spain?

Catalonia. (?)
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:42 pm

the important thing to note is that i am only 5.6 inches - same as messi Razz
but india the average height is 5 .3 and a half inches so wont have any problems landing chicks even with their heels on Twisted Evil
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5