Wilson37
Sushi Master
23arshavin23
EL Patron
13 posters

Go down

back to square one Empty back to square one

Post by EL Patron Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 am

in term of building a team capable of challenging for honours ??.. remember when we lost Flamoney and Hleb we struggled badly the following season.

we have lost two quality players in cesc and Nasri,Clichy Very Happy ....do you see us challenging for honours this season ?? or do you think it will take a season or two before we put together a team that can challenge at the top ??

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

back to square one Empty Re: back to square one

Post by 23arshavin23 Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:26 am

well even with cesc and nasri on our team together its not like we ever finished runners up.
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:42 am

Since these guys are bringing in huge money, I am thinking, hoping... praying that they will bring in adequate replacements for once in their lifes. We are economically better than ever and wouldn't have to even burn any money, just use the same transfer money.

But when Kolo, Adebayor, Hleb left we all know what happened.

frak that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:43 am

Very relevant question..
But i expect us only to be better than last season...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

You know what I see this season, which we didn't have last season? A bunch of players who have passion and support Arsenal and know what it is like to pull on the Red and White (Or Blue and Black Razz). Mentality makes a difference. If we go out and play fearless football, we are winning something this year. And I'll stick my neck out on that one.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:50 am

srigooner wrote:You know what I see this season, which we didn't have last season? A bunch of players who have passion and support Arsenal and know what it is like to pull on the Red and White (Or Blue and Black Razz). Mentality makes a difference. If we go out and play fearless football, we are winning something this year. And I'll stick my neck out on that one.

+1
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:55 am

yes buy players who love arsenal

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 am

its all about our team's mindset this season. if the squad continues to lack killer instinct then we'd get the same results as when we had cesc.

if our players approach every single game with a take no prisoners attitude, we'll easily be in contention for the title and a top 4 finish will be a forgone conclusion
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

srigooner wrote:You know what I see this season, which we didn't have last season? A bunch of players who have passion and support Arsenal and know what it is like to pull on the Red and White (Or Blue and Black Razz). Mentality makes a difference. If we go out and play fearless football, we are winning something this year. And I'll stick my neck out on that one.

I have to agree with you.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:14 am

lenear1030 wrote:its all about our team's mindset this season. if the squad continues to lack killer instinct then we'd get the same results as when we had cesc.

if our players approach every single game with a take no prisoners attitude, we'll easily be in contention for the title and a top 4 finish will be a forgone conclusion
Of course. We still have a solid squad. But if we want silverware we gotta take the extra step. Also, while mindset may have to do with it, talent does as well. United, ManC and even Liverpool strengthened. Chelsea... sorta, but still. We've gotta keep up if we want a shot at silverware.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:25 am

Sushi Master wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:its all about our team's mindset this season. if the squad continues to lack killer instinct then we'd get the same results as when we had cesc.

Of course. We still have a solid squad. But if we want silverware we gotta take the extra step. Also, while mindset may have to do with it, talent does as well. United, ManC and even Liverpool strengthened. Chelsea... sorta, but still. We've gotta keep up if we want a shot at silverware.

Technique or talent (take your pick), we give our title contenders a honest whooping on the hind side. :king:

Mentality? Even lower teams dish it out to us over there! :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Get killer defenders because, by design, Arsenal will score regardless of who plays to some extent. The problem is that the defenders make incredible mistakes at the worst times.

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:in term of building a team capable of challenging for honours ??.. remember when we lost Flamoney and Hleb we struggled badly the following season.

we have lost two quality players in cesc and Nasri,Clichy Very Happy ....do you see us challenging for honours this season ?? or do you think it will take a season or two before we put together a team that can challenge at the top ??

hey man Very Happy
the windows not closed yet.. lets us play this month with our current players and we will see where we stand Very Happy
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Idk, I usually try to be very optimistic about the team, but i do see some immediate struggles especially in midfield if we lose cesc. I believe ramsey is capable of replacing him, just not immediatley. But we will see. If both do leave, 1 world class player must come in. It is a must. It will give us more pedigree and also some renewed faith as well as immediate effects on the pitch.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 pm

but we could beneift in the long term, each player will realize they will need to improve and push themselves harder which could lead to a better overall improvement in the team. Plus the youth call ups all have potential to become world class, whether its in the immediate future or long term. who knows.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Back to counter-attacking game Arsenal used to play, stop this tiki-taka show - buy Jadson, Vertoghen and Cissokho, put players in their natural positions and we're sorted...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 pm

[/quote]Of course. We still have a solid squad. But if we want silverware we gotta take the extra step. Also, while mindset may have to do with it, talent does as well. United, ManC and even Liverpool strengthened. Chelsea... sorta, but still. We've gotta keep up if we want a shot at silverware.[/quote]
I agree with you that the club has not done enough in the offseason to be a contender if Nasri, and Cesc leave, i think the team could handle the loss of Nasri, but not the loss of Cesc.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down