Iceman
Artilleristen
REWB
Fo'Shizzle_My_Nizzle~
Sri
58 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 38 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Spider wrote:"I want to come to England to win trophies - and that's why I accepted Chelsea's offer," Mata told The Sun.

"It was also a question of sporting achievement, not money. Arsenal and Tottenham were both interested in me but they did not compare with the Blues.

"I want the Premier League title and this is possible at Chelsea.

"Fernando Torres helped influence my decision but speaking directly with Villas-Boas was the decisive factor.

He explained how his style will be based on 4-3-3 and how important I will be to his plans.

"Frank Lampard is a monster of a footballer to play alongside and the prospect of that is incredible."

LOL, he went to Chelsea to win trophies to play along side grandpas lol.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 38 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Spider wrote:"I want to come to England to win trophies - and that's why I accepted Chelsea's offer," Mata told The Sun.

"It was also a question of sporting achievement, not money. Arsenal and Tottenham were both interested in me but they did not compare with the Blues.

"Fernando Torres helped influence my decision but speaking directly with Villas-Boas was the decisive factor.

He explained how his style will be based on 4-3-3 and how important I will be to his plans.

"Frank Lampard is a monster of a footballer to play alongside and the prospect of that is incredible."

LOL, he went to Chelsea to win trophies to play along side grandpas lol.

to be fair, chelsea is phasing out their geezers slowly but surely.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 pm

I must say , tht is a kick in the teeth
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:14 pm

F*ck you then, Mata
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm

If we're to believe reports by various sources, we have £90+ million to spend on transfers if the Nasri deal happens
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm

at this point I am just hoping that RVP plays against Udinese tomorrow. If he does not then he will probably be traded also.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Lex wrote:If we're to believe reports by various sources, we have £90+ million to spend on transfers if the Nasri deal happens
If it happens? It's pretty much a done deal already.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 pm

I'd take the Mata interview with a pinch of salt. It says he told THE SUN.

Why would he interview that rag during his one day in England ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Sepi wrote:Why would he interview that rag during his one day in England ?
Because the real newspapers are out covering war stories and political news
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 pm

What about Kieske Honda, are we still buying him.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Artilleristen wrote:What about Kieske Honda, are we still buying him.
We'd better.

We're not at all linked with him, Wenger has stated before that he impressed him, he wouldn't come out as expensive as Hazard... looks like a typical transfer but we'll see.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

We're not at all linked with him, Wenger has stated before that he impressed him, he wouldn't come out as expensive as Hazard... looks like a typical transfer but we'll see.

We have, actually. Russian and Japanese sources claimed we made a bid for him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

We have, actually. Russian and Japanese sources claimed we made a bid for him.
Hope it's a real bid and not an Arsenal 5m bid. He's a class player.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

yet another one bites the dust... keep defending Wenger.
The players which we have lost this summer (the same summer wenger promised us "quality signings)
1.Fabregas
2.Nasri
3.Eboue

The players which we have bought
1. Gervinho
2. AOC
3.Jenkensen

The players which have snubbed us
1. Mata
2. Hazard by the looks of things

Player with 3 weeks of injury/ missing games
1. Wilshere
2. Kos
3. Song

In Arsen I trust

Last edited by Arsenalfaithfull on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

we need zarate at arsenal. Hes not a wenger type player and neither an arsenal type. Exactly why we need him lol

If not zarate then get either Honda, or Montolivo. Obviously after Marvin martin
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Jarate has one good season for Lazio followed by a shit season, so how is he good for arsenal? Add into the fact that Nazio want 20 mil for him
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:58 pm

He is talented, think wenger can sort him out. And ofcoarse not for 20m lol. 10-15 will be enough.

ive been pranked yet again...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:we need zarate at arsenal. Hes not a wenger type player and neither an arsenal type. Exactly why we need him lol

If not zarate then get either Honda, or Montolivo. Obviously after Marvin martin

Miley Cyrus Club President -.-

how many bets did you lost RG xD
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 pm

kantutan's prank...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:kantutan's prank...

lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm expecting atleast one of Hazard, M'Vila, Montilivo (or somethin), or Marvin Martin, to join us and another Frimpong tweet this week.

If none of this happens, i will be a very sad Gunner(or Gooners as Londoners call it)
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Arsène Wenger decided to let Samir Nasri leave for “psychological and financial reasons”.

Arsenal agreed terms with Manchester City for the purchase of the midfielder on Tuesday, just before the Emirates Stadium side departed to Udinese and a crucial Champions League Play-off second leg tie.

Nasri trained with the side that morning and, as against Liverpool at the weekend, would have lined up against the Italian outfit if selected. He did not know that Wenger made up his mind on the move just before the session. Later, the manager said he was reluctant to let the 24-year-old go but admitted he had to be “a realist” given the French international would have been able to leave on free transfer at the end of next season and able to sign a pre-contract in January.

“Samir trained on Tuesday morning,” said Wenger. “But I knew before training. He didn’t know, the decision was made this morning just before training. He came in to practice.

“I don’t question Samir Nasri's commitment or professionalism. If I told him ‘you come with us and play’, he would have played like he did on Saturday but you wonder what kind of a commitment you can have.

“Football rules are made like that, that the player can be worth a lot of money today and nothing in six months so it doesn’t look completely logical but, at the end of the day, of course, we are forced into a decision like that for psychological and financial reasons.

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else. What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.”

-----------------

That bit in bold is a sad truth.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Everybody's after the money nowadays, even though footballers make so much already
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 am

The Verminator wrote:Everybody's after the money nowadays, even though footballers make so much already
Yep.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesGUNZ Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:57 am

ok.. finally joined this. love to follow this forum..............
Things are not as bad as it seems..... AFC will qualify for the group stage tomorrow with an emphatic victory.... this team just as it is only needs a proven playmaker like a midfield general. a proven striker for when RVP gets hurt and a leftback..... frimpong and Ryo will have breakout year like wilshere did last year. Campbvell and Olaxde will show flashes and make surprising contributions and Gervinho will be the buy of the year.... our defense is fine, we just need a leftback someone like baines.. our defence is fine, VERM, Djou and Kolsc and yes our reserve team captain are good enough..... i promise you that in january we will still be in all competitions..... Wenger just need to pull the plug and buy an AMC, LB, ST, for my choice Moussa Sow, Baines Mario Götzeor hazard....
to put things in perspective, Liverpool sent over 100M and would not have beaten us in frimpong doesnt get sent off,

JamesGUNZ
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:11 am

JamesGUNZ wrote:ok.. finally joined this. love to follow this forum..............
Things are not as bad as it seems..... AFC will qualify for the group stage tomorrow with an emphatic victory.... this team just as it is only needs a proven playmaker like a midfield general. a proven striker for when RVP gets hurt and a leftback..... frimpong and Ryo will have breakout year like wilshere did last year. Campbvell and Olaxde will show flashes and make surprising contributions and Gervinho will be the buy of the year.... our defense is fine, we just need a leftback someone like baines.. our defence is fine, VERM, Djou and Kolsc and yes our reserve team captain are good enough..... i promise you that in january we will still be in all competitions..... Wenger just need to pull the plug and buy an AMC, LB, ST, for my choice Moussa Sow, Baines Mario Götzeor hazard....
to put things in perspective, Liverpool sent over 100M and would not have beaten us in frimpong doesnt get sent off,

Welcome to the forum, I like what you said.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next