Barca fans: Why the obsession with Cesc by your club?

+17
Freeza
Khaled
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
Pedram
H.A.
Kevin_Muscat
bloodless
Mamad
alexjanosik
The Franchise
StrugaRock
Doc
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Barca fans:  Why the obsession with Cesc by your club? - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca fans: Why the obsession with Cesc by your club?

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:04 am

dnmac4 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

There are a couple fundamental points we disagree on and it is useless to argue over them because we will not change our minds.

Point 1- You think since we had Cesc when he was a kid that should have some kind effect on his price or the structure of the deal or I don't really know what your point is here? I disagree. Most players bounce around as young kids and the fact that he left maybe would effect Barca saying you left deal with it, I could see that, but that is obviously not the case as we want him. If we want him we have to pay.

For example if Madrid wanted Soldado back, Valencia wouldn't say hey you guys had him as a youngster you get a cut price deal. One has no effect on the other. Like I said you either don't buy him because your mad he left like he did, but if you do you should not expect special exceptions.

Point 2- I think Thiago is a special player that has great POTENTIAL. In my opinion I don't think he will ever be as good as Fab and definatly is not as good now, again we probably disagree here but I rate Fab very highly and you probably the same for Thiago. The last time he played close to a full season I believe he led Europe in setting up the most scoring chances and he has a great eye for goal.

Like I said Thiago has a lot of the same qualities, but with a team like Madrid who are going to be great this year chasing us down, I feel much more comfortable playing Cesc if needed. I think our margin for victory in the league is so small this year as who ever wins La Liga it will be by less then 3 points. At the start of the transfer market we could not handle injuries and win the league but Madrid could. They are one of the deepest teams in the world, and we had to catch up, which we have.

Right now if Puyol and Xavi or Iniesta are hurt we can put Busquets in defense and have a midfield of Masch Thiago and Cesc. That is awesome. I did not like how we looked in pre season with Iniesta running Xavi's role. It didn't fit as he needs to be furthur up field. Right now if Xavi or Iniesta are hurt I feel comfortable facing any team in the world.

Point 3: With the trophies we have won and the money we earn every year we can afford to have insurance for our star players. We can pay 30 something Mill for Fab if we want if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. We payed twice as much for Ibra and we had a blip for one season and then went back to winning a double.

It's not every day that a player like Cesc tells you I want to play for you and I will cut down my salary and don't mind not starting/sitting on the bench. Do you know how many teams would love to be in this situation? The positives in my mind out weigh the negatives ten fold which is why I don't understand why Barca fans don't like this.

Why on earth do you keep saying I think his price should be effected because he was ours? I dont know how many times I can say I didnt say that and I am not saying it. If you dont listen, there is nothing I can do.

His price shouldnt be effected by this fact....quote me on it...

I am saying, we didnt steal him....the word...STEAL...we have not done that. We payed value for him.

Point number 2, I dont agre with, but I understand you stance and was with you untill you said Busi at the back is awesome. I honestly cant agree with that with one fibre of my being...its far from awesome..he sucks there.

Again, before that, I was with you. I dont agree Thiago cant be as good as Cesc, in fact, I think he will be as good as him, if not better, just different. But its not important, I can understand if you dont agree with that and I think you can accept if I dont agree with my claim.

But the Busi at the back thing, I cant understand, its not awesome. If you want me to explain this I will, but for now, thats all I will say.

Point 3, I also understand. But I dont agree that the positives outweight the negative, espeically not to the extent your saying..10 fold. Again, I follow your trail of thought on this one, but I dont agree.

edit: I realised I said, we payed value for him, Cesc. I will retract that, I want to see what the final deal is and what exactly it is before I say value, over or undervalue.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barca fans:  Why the obsession with Cesc by your club? - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca fans: Why the obsession with Cesc by your club?

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 am

The Franchise wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

There are a couple fundamental points we disagree on and it is useless to argue over them because we will not change our minds.

Point 1- You think since we had Cesc when he was a kid that should have some kind effect on his price or the structure of the deal or I don't really know what your point is here? I disagree. Most players bounce around as young kids and the fact that he left maybe would effect Barca saying you left deal with it, I could see that, but that is obviously not the case as we want him. If we want him we have to pay.

For example if Madrid wanted Soldado back, Valencia wouldn't say hey you guys had him as a youngster you get a cut price deal. One has no effect on the other. Like I said you either don't buy him because your mad he left like he did, but if you do you should not expect special exceptions.

Point 2- I think Thiago is a special player that has great POTENTIAL. In my opinion I don't think he will ever be as good as Fab and definatly is not as good now, again we probably disagree here but I rate Fab very highly and you probably the same for Thiago. The last time he played close to a full season I believe he led Europe in setting up the most scoring chances and he has a great eye for goal.

Like I said Thiago has a lot of the same qualities, but with a team like Madrid who are going to be great this year chasing us down, I feel much more comfortable playing Cesc if needed. I think our margin for victory in the league is so small this year as who ever wins La Liga it will be by less then 3 points. At the start of the transfer market we could not handle injuries and win the league but Madrid could. They are one of the deepest teams in the world, and we had to catch up, which we have.

Right now if Puyol and Xavi or Iniesta are hurt we can put Busquets in defense and have a midfield of Masch Thiago and Cesc. That is awesome. I did not like how we looked in pre season with Iniesta running Xavi's role. It didn't fit as he needs to be furthur up field. Right now if Xavi or Iniesta are hurt I feel comfortable facing any team in the world.

Point 3: With the trophies we have won and the money we earn every year we can afford to have insurance for our star players. We can pay 30 something Mill for Fab if we want if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. We payed twice as much for Ibra and we had a blip for one season and then went back to winning a double.

It's not every day that a player like Cesc tells you I want to play for you and I will cut down my salary and don't mind not starting/sitting on the bench. Do you know how many teams would love to be in this situation? The positives in my mind out weigh the negatives ten fold which is why I don't understand why Barca fans don't like this.

Why on earth do you keep saying I think his price should be effected because he was ours? I dont know how many times I can say I didnt say that and I am not saying it. If you dont listen, there is nothing I can do.

His price shouldnt be effected by this fact....quote me on it...

I am saying, we didnt steal him....the word...STEAL...we have not done that. We payed value for him.

Point number 2, I dont agre with, but I understand you stance and was with you untill you said Busi at the back is awesome. I honestly cant agree with that with one fibre of my being...its far from awesome..he sucks there.

Again, before that, I was with you. I dont agree Thiago cant be as good as Cesc, in fact, I think he will be as good as him, if not better, just different. But its not important, I can understand if you dont agree with that and I think you can accept if I dont agree with my claim.

But the Busi at the back thing, I cant understand, its not awesome. If you want me to explain this I will, but for now, thats all I will say.

Point 3, I also understand. But I dont agree that the positives outweight the negative, espeically not to the extent your saying..10 fold. Again, I follow your trail of thought on this one, but I dont agree.

edit: I realised I said, we payed value for him, Cesc. I will retract that, I want to see what the final deal is and what exactly it is before I say value, over or undervalue.

The reason I said point one is because you say things like "We paid money for someone we had in the first place. There is no steal in that." I don't understand what one has to do with the other. You keep on mentioning he was already ours but again I don't see what your point is? Oh well.

As for the Busquets at fullback thing, your right it's not ideal but it has worked very well for us. We have won huge games with our DM's in defense weather it be Busquets, Masch, or Yaya. Since our defenders play near midfield most of the game I think we can get away with it better then other teams could. Also, I think Pep's thinking is get the best 11 players on the field no matter where they play, I agree to an extent as Mourinho does the same thing (Pepe in midfield, Eto'o everywhere but striker) and Pep just doesn't want a CB. IT's weird but it's kind of obvious now as we have had a couple seasons to replace Chryginsky and we buy CM's and forwards. Pep likes players who can play all over the field like Adriano more then just buying a CB it seems.

So again, we can agree to disagree. And don't get me wrong, I want the best players in the world on our team so if Thiago turns out to be better then Cesc I will be his number 1 fan and if Cesc is better then Thiago then I don't really care if he doesn't get a ton of minutes. I don't think Thiago needs to be coddled, if he's good enough he will play Pep is very fair in that way especially to Spanish national's. Barca has had a bear of a midfield for a long time now and if you want to play there your going to have to displace a world class player. It shouldn't be any different for Thiago.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 am

Fabregas has most assitst in Europe's Top 5 leagues in last 5 seasons.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:56 am

I dnt knw what they want with cesc (at least xavi has not left yet,and there is thiago),but i knw he wnt deliver up to the hype n expectation barca has 4 him.as for guardiola,he wants cesc to join barca in his tenure as barca as barca coach as this would be his last season there before taking the qatar thats all what the hype of this saga is about.no long thing.
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:19 pm

emassy wrote:I dnt knw what they want with cesc (at least xavi has not left yet,and there is thiago),but i knw he wnt deliver up to the hype n expectation barca has 4 him.as for guardiola,he wants cesc to join barca in his tenure as barca as barca coach as this would be his last season there before taking the qatar thats all what the hype of this saga is about.no long thing.

OK then. That clears it up for me.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 pm

meh everyone thinks the world is over ( for barcas competition) now they have fabregas, but the 2 portugeuese heros will stop them.

Jose Mourinho + Andre Villas Boas =Win
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4