Do you consider Vermaelan to be World Class?

+32
Lex
Highburied
jibers
Jack Daniels
Red Alert
tsgooner1
El Chelsea Fuerte
football_genius
cyberman
Swanhends
Iceman
Ali
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
S
RealGunner
the xcx
xabi
Gil
RED
Vibe
REWB
Art Morte
kiranr
RedOranje
Ganso
Raptorgunner
The Madrid One
windkick
Abramovich
Giggslegend
EarlyPrototype
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do you consider Vermaelan to be World Class?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you consider Vermaelan to be World Class?

Post by Ali Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 pm

dnmac4 wrote:The answer to this question is NO, NOT A CHANCE. He is not better then Vidic, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Pepe, Pique, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, Hummels, Lucio, Chiellini.

I mean dear god, the people who are answering yes to this question what is your definition of World Class and how many of these players is he better then????

I didn't see Lucio anywhere last season, Ferdinand ? The same Ferdinand from last season ? Really? and yes Lucio is so good in your opinion you had to put him in there twice.

what the frak is your definition of world class, and why are we all capitalizing the w and the c in world class ? If your definition is a player that can walk into any XI in the world....you wouldn't have named 10 defenders. If it isn't , then your definition must be a really good defender which Vermaelen is.

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Do you consider Vermaelan to be World Class?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you consider Vermaelan to be World Class?

Post by Iceman Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 pm

I see people say World Class, but then they mention Hummels.

Contradiction much?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 am

Iceman wrote:I see people say World Class, but then they mention Hummels.

Contradiction much?

Now you know how we feel when you mention Vermaelan as world class. Look, we all know I don't like Arsenal very much but I try to be fair to individual players. What in the world has he ever done to be considered World Class?

I know he's been injured, so that is another reason he is not world class. You can say "he's been injured and he is going to be world class" I may not agree with you but, I can understand and respect your opinion. But that means he is not World Class yet.

I mean what is his body of work??
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:48 am

ali8775 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:The answer to this question is NO, NOT A CHANCE. He is not better then Vidic, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Pepe, Pique, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, Hummels, Lucio, Chiellini.

I mean dear god, the people who are answering yes to this question what is your definition of World Class and how many of these players is he better then????

I didn't see Lucio anywhere last season, Ferdinand ? The same Ferdinand from last season ? Really? and yes Lucio is so good in your opinion you had to put him in there twice.

what the frak is your definition of world class, and why are we all capitalizing the w and the c in world class ? If your definition is a player that can walk into any XI in the world....you wouldn't have named 10 defenders. If it isn't , then your definition must be a really good defender which Vermaelen is.

Instead of freaking out, please answer my question, Who is he better then and what is your definition of world class?

Lucio and Ferdinand have accomplished careers and they are probably on the wrong side of there career, but at least they have something you can point to and say he did ____X___ and that makes him world class. You could even say he used to be world class but is a little past it right now, and I may agree with you.

For the sheer lack of performances I would say he's not world class. Just like I would say the same for Neymar.

Now, understand I have not slammed the man or insulted him or anything like that I am just using logic and IMO am being pretty fair.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:53 am

no
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:01 am

dnmac4 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

Instead of freaking out, please answer my question, Who is he better then and what is your definition of world class?

Lucio and Ferdinand have accomplished careers and they are probably on the wrong side of there career, but at least they have something you can point to and say he did ____X___ and that makes him world class. You could even say he used to be world class but is a little past it right now, and I may agree with you.

For the sheer lack of performances I would say he's not world class. Just like I would say the same for Neymar.

Now, understand I have not slammed the man or insulted him or anything like that I am just using logic and IMO am being pretty fair.

I am def. not saying he is WC , hes close to it, but not there yet, and theres only 2 WC defenders , and they are Vidic and Thiago Silva, WC = walk into any team in the world. Also, having a trophy to point at isn't everything, look at Alan Shearer for example. It's just that you questioned our definition of WC and used the definition which would make Vermaelen WC
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:11 am

ali8775 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

I am def. not saying he is WC , hes close to it, but not there yet, and theres only 2 WC defenders , and they are Vidic and Thiago Silva, WC = walk into any team in the world. Also, having a trophy to point at isn't everything, look at Alan Shearer for example. It's just that you questioned our definition of WC and used the definition which would make Vermaelen WC

I never defined my definition of world class, and I probably couldn't. It's tough, I mean I would say that Vidic is world class and better then Pique but for what Pique does in our system he is world class too in my eyes.

I just said that IMO those players are better then him, but there not all world class so he isn't either.

Everyone probably has a different definition of world class and the one I would use is what's the first thing that pops into your head if someone asks is __X__ player world class? If it's not an immediate YES, then he probably isn't.

BTW, if you agree with me that he isn't world class, why the hostility?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 am

dnmac4 wrote:

Contradiction much?

Now you know how we feel when you mention Vermaelan as world class. Look, we all know I don't like Arsenal very much but I try to be fair to individual players. What in the world has he ever done to be considered World Class?

I know he's been injured, so that is another reason he is not world class. You can say "he's been injured and he is going to be world class" I may not agree with you but, I can understand and respect your opinion. But that means he is not World Class yet.

I never said he is WC. I believe that he has the potential to become WC and seems to be heading there, but I don't think he's there yet. I'm just wondering why certain names are being used as examples of what WC defenders are even though they're on the same level as Vermaelen, if not even below.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 am

Iceman wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Contradiction much?

I never said he is WC. I believe that he has the potential to become WC and seems to be heading there, but I don't think he's there yet. I'm just wondering why certain names are being used as examples of what WC defenders are even though they're on the same level as Vermaelen, if not even below.

Again, I never said the people I named were world class, I said I believe they are better then him and if thats the case then they all can't be world class, right. That's why I was asking for the people who said yes he is world class, what there opinion of world class is.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:41 am

dnmac4 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

I never defined my definition of world class, and I probably couldn't. It's tough, I mean I would say that Vidic is world class and better then Pique but for what Pique does in our system he is world class too in my eyes.

I just said that IMO those players are better then him, but there not all world class so he isn't either.

Everyone probably has a different definition of world class and the one I would use is what's the first thing that pops into your head if someone asks is __X__ player world class? If it's not an immediate YES, then he probably isn't.

BTW, if you agree with me that he isn't world class, why the hostility?

haha no hostility at all, you must'v read my post in an aggressive tone, although reviewing it I see how you can get that kind of idea ! I would definitely not show hostility to anyone for having a different opinion my friend :king:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 am

I didn't see Lucio anywhere last season, Ferdinand ? The same Ferdinand from last season ?

Ferdinand was exceptional last year, kept the beast smalling out of the side

SMH

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:57 am

Lucio was our only reliable defender from start to finish last year...the others all faded in and out for long periods

Nevermind that though :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 am

cyberman wrote:I didn't see Lucio anywhere last season, Ferdinand ? The same Ferdinand from last season ?

SMH
The more i read your posts the more i see you dont watch football outside of England.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by football_genius Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:02 am

arsenal dont have any world class players

football_genius
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:03 am

Ganso wrote:
cyberman wrote:I didn't see Lucio anywhere last season, Ferdinand ? The same Ferdinand from last season ?

SMH
The more i read your posts the more i see you dont watch football outside of England.

He was quoting one of the arsenal posters before him...Cyber just struggles with the quote function, this is well known
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 am

No way.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Potentiallly yes, but not atm.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 am

did anyone see the verminator manhandle Carrol?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 am

He's basically Arsenal's Daniel Agger, so yes.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 am

RealGunner wrote:He would have been very close to become "world Class" if hadnt got injured last season. He is getting there though.

Nice Profile you got there. Laughing
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:48 am

RealGunner wrote:He would have been very close to become "world Class" if hadnt got injured last season. He is getting there though.

Spice girls RG? Really?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:58 am

Laughing

I smell a prank.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:52 am

Giggs legend how was xabi racist? Not surprised to be honest. When V has had one decent FULL season then give me a call. By that logic nani is WC and Hernandez is WC as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Ill be back in this thread in a few years until some kids get older and understand football.

Ciao
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

jibers wrote:By that logic nani is WC and Hernandez is WC as well.
Your comment implies that people aren't saying this already....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:44 pm

kiranr wrote:

Spice girls RG? Really?

He announced two nights ago that he's a huge Gossip Girl fan. I thought we should make him a proper moniker to reflect that.

I have to say I'm a bit offended he's taken it down after all the hard work I put into it. Evil or Very Mad
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next