Art Morte
Red Alert
Brigate Rossonere
mr-r34
poolsupporter
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson Empty Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 am

Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson Jordan-henderson-335008090

Name:Jordan Brian Henderson
Nationality: English
Date of Birth: June.17th, 1990
Height: 1.82 cm
Position: CM/RM
Debut: Nov 2008 vs Chelsea @ Stamforbridge

- Said to be very down to earth and polite. Doesn't drink
- Comes from a rich family with dad being owner of a couple of companies
- Keane and Bruce have used him both in CM and RM, and his best position is still a question for Sunderland fans
- an absolute pro in Keep-ups cheers
- Number of goal opportunities created in 10-11 season: 82 (4th most in the league)
- Number of goals/assists in the league in 10-11 season: 4 goals and 4 assists
- General style:
> Very cool under pressure
> Loves giving through balls
> short pass and always on the move
> very good crosser of the ball
> two-footed
> Closest player in our team to him in terms of style: Raul Meireles

Passing stats in calendar year 2011 (when Sunderland had that winless run and were in big meltdown)

Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson 14e437q

I'll edit OP and add more once I find more Smile

Last edited by Sepi on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson Empty Re: Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 am

I have posted his 2011 stats in the stats thread Sep.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson Empty Re: Every Thing You'd want to know about our new boy- Jordan Henderson

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 am

Cheers man. Added

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 am

has this been confirmed?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:52 am

mr-r34 wrote:has this been confirmed?

Almost. The news is everywhere. N'God will be heading in the opposite direction.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:56 am

ah kk cool, read the transfer thread makes sense this is a great sign
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:47 am

Anyone sad to see N'Gog go the other way? I kind of rated him a tiny bit.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:52 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Anyone sad to see N'Gog go the other way? I kind of rated him a tiny bit.

I do feel a little disappointed. I believe he had/has some potential, but the lack of any consistent game time has been a detriment to him. This season in particular. He featured a bit when Torres was out at the start, but has barely featured even as a substitute in the second half of the season. (The likes of Carrol, Suarez and Kuyt being chosen over him)
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Anyone sad to see N'Gog go the other way? I kind of rated him a tiny bit.

Thought he was going to be good, but he can't pass and his first touch sucks. He did well as a target man under Roy, but Kenny likes to play pass and move which doesn't help N'gog at all. I wish him the best with his future, he just couldn't cut it here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 am

Okay, if Henderson joins, which Starting XI player is going to see less game time? You hardly buy a £ 15+ million player to warm your bench.

Kuyt? Meireles? Gerrard?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:40 am

Art Morte wrote:Okay, if Henderson joins, which Starting XI player is going to see less game time? You hardly buy a £ 15+ million player to warm your bench.

Kuyt? Meireles? Gerrard?

It's hard to say. But with Gerrard slowly fading, I'd expect some rotation in that CM position.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 am

I think Gerrard. I know you will hate me for saying it but this season showed that the guy can't do what he used to be capable of.

But even that depends on how Henderson turns out...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:43 am

poolsupporter wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Okay, if Henderson joins, which Starting XI player is going to see less game time? You hardly buy a £ 15+ million player to warm your bench.

Kuyt? Meireles? Gerrard?

It's hard to say. But with Gerrard slowly fading, I'd expect some rotation in that CM position.

Beat me to it :coffee:
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:46 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:I think Gerrard. I know you will hate me for saying it but this season showed that the guy can't do what he used to be capable of.

But even that depends on how Henderson turns out...

It's an almost accurate assessment, tbh. Couple of pundits on LFC TV have also said how he just doesn't have the legs to play the free role in the central attacking position. I'm sure he can, but I doubt he can manage to do it consistently anymore.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 am

Gerrard can't start more than 25 games a season due to his Groin problem. So Henderson will give us option and will allow us to rotate Gerrard and have him on the bench for times just in case, so we can protect him and increase his longativity.

If we don't take care of Stevie, and play him ruthlessly like we did for 12 odd years, it could be very dangerous for his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 am

It'll just be a rotation. There's 50+ give or take games played next season, players need rest. Then there's injuries to worry about...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 am

Rotation would be a bad option IMO. Never works in the middle of the park. Up front it is fine but when you are constantly rotating the core of your team there will be little stability in the squad...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:45 am

Kuyt? Meireles? Gerrard?

OK let’s do some mathematics.

There will be around 50 games (provided we go all the way in both the Cups) next season and there will THREE midfield (DM, CM, AM combined) slots available in each games. That’s 150 midfield slots up for grabs next season.

We have six midfielders (DM, CM, AM combined); Spearing, Shelvy, Henderson, Lucas, Raul & Gerrard available for those 150 slots. That’s 25 games for each player, on an average. IMO, Spearing & Shelvy will end up with around 15 games each and that frees up 20 slots for rest of the bunch.

I think our first-choice midfield would be Lucas (DM), Gerrard (CM) & Raul (AM) with Henderson being the preferred choice for substitution & rotation.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 am

Yeah, rotation, obviously, but will also be interesting to see who plays when it comes to big games.

Ifty gave his preferable midfield there, but given Gerrard's question-mark-form after his injury and Meireles' average finish to the season, should be interesting to see if Henderson can claim a first-choice CM role even.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 am

Gerrard, Meireles, Lucas will play the big games unless there's an injury to one of them.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 pm

I think Gerrard can still offer us a lot for the next couple of seasons. He experience and leadership will always be there even his his performances start to slip.

If we play 3 in midfield we need quality in depth and Henderson adds that. We have options and that's great.

edit: sky sports saying its a 16.5m deal
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Still don't see Stevie fading as his injuries have only slowed down his progress as his presence, skill and technique is still vital to our team whether the other english team fans say it or not.

His game hasn't been based on pace or strength yet his technique remains in all aspects.

Lets just hope the medical staff can improve at melwood to properly treat his groin.

Still our best player.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, rotation, obviously, but will also be interesting to see who plays when it comes to big games.

Ifty gave his preferable midfield there, but given Gerrard's question-mark-form after his injury and Meireles' average finish to the season, should be interesting to see if Henderson can claim a first-choice CM role even.

I personally feel Raul had an average finish only due to fatigue and slight burnout case as Kenny was wrong not to rest him in some games in which he could have been replaced in. And this was apparent near the end as you could visually see the exhaustion.

I'm confident he will replicate his form next season with good time over the summer to train and adapt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

I gut feel is that he has been signed as an fall back option for Young . Play on AM as well as RW . Not as a CM most are suggesting . If later is the case we wont be trying to sign Adam IMO .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Saw this on RAWK . Not sure how how many visit RAWK . So thought of posting here .

Saw this on football365.com mailbag and thought it was very insightful
on the type of player Henderson is and what he'll bring to LFC. This
reassures me that Kenny and Comolli indeed have a clear plan on what
they want this team to play like - pass and move - and that we are not
just out for big English players to replace Gerrard, etc.

-----
Nice Mail On Henderson's Strengths
As
a Sunderland supporter, I have watched Jordan Henderson play week-in
week-out for the past couple of seasons. Although not baffled by all of
this criticism of the transfer fee, I feel that I must make a couple of
points about a player who I feel can be a real asset to Liverpool. I get
the feeling that many people don't really know what he does, which is
hardly surprising given the pathetic amount of air time afforded to us
by Match of The Day every week. After the world cup, many of us began to
really notice the sheer lack of technical talent in the England set-up.
By this, I'm not talking about crossing or shooting ability, I'm
talking about close control, quick passing and most importantly of all,
tactical awareness. Jordan has these traits in abundance and, far from
comparing him to the likes of the great Xavi and Iniesta, his approach
to the game is very much as a team member rather than as a maverick. He
won't drive through the middle of the park and smash a last-minute cup
final half volley into the corner when he's got cramp, but what he will
do is keep the game ticking over and, when the chance presents itself,
show that he knows how to whip in a dangerous cross or play a nicely
weighted through ball.

Of course, this style of play won't make
him a fan favourite, and his popularity in Sunderland was partly due to
his local roots. Sometimes, there were groans from the fans when he
passed the ball backwards or sideways, but those of us watching more
closely could see that he was simply playing patient, intelligent
football. His touch in tight situations is excellent and he always seems
to find a one-two or a small gap to get the ball through to a
team-mate. It struck me during the England game this week that some of
our players aren't remotely willing to receive the ball when closely
marked, but Jordan will. It's exactly what the England team is lacking,
and the reason we've heard so much since last summer about
non-competitive football for kids in order to teach them how to play the
game 3 or 4 steps ahead, like the boys at Barcelona do. For me, the
problem with this style of play is that you are only as good as the
players around you. We all know that Barca excel due to the fact that
each and every player is comfortable on the ball. Unfortunately for
Henderson, there have been times this season when some of his team mates
haven't been on the same page as him, but I would imagine that he'll
settle in nicely in a very talented Liverpool midfield.

So, he
moves on to his new club with my blessing, and I'm sure that of most
Sunderland supporters. My message to Liverpool fans is just give him
time, but I'm sure they will, given his age. He's not the traditional
'Roy of The Rovers' English midfielder, but a player with class and real
potential. If Jack Wilshere is the midfielder England always wanted,
then Jordan Henderson may well be the midfielder England needs.
Chris SAFC
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next