rsinatra
Catracho
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brazil Copa America squad - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazil Copa America squad

Post by M99 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Fred is terrible. No idea how he gets the call

Ridiculous really, considering that there are players clearly better than him. ie: Hulk, Nilmar, even Daimao

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Mano is pulling a dunga and making some dumb selections.

No hulk? Guy just won a treble, and was top goalscorer in Portugal by a large margin (I'm a benfica fan and I even think this is stupid)

No nilmar, kaka, marcelo, hernanes.

I really hope Brazil wins the Copa, but I smell a failure.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Dunga won Copa America with a similar squad Cool

I love this meltdown.

Kaka scores some goals against Almeria level teams, all of a sudden he's a god again.. yea okay.

Nilmar didn't perform for Brazil. Fred scored and has been for Fluminenese who were Brasileirao champs.

Hulk, you've been disappointing in your 3 Brazil games and Hernanes, you can do better than play for Lazio.

I've spoken. stay mad my friends.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeh Kaka was inconsistent last season. He didn't play enough imo to warrant a starting spot for Brazil.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

marcelo is the only player i would call up,other than that,the list is ok.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I think the list is ok, the only other players that deserved a call up were marcelo, hulk and maybe fernando imo
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Kaka shouldn't be called again really, hes too washed up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FilipeFerreira Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Your telling me Jadson and Fred deserve a call up over Hulk and Kaka?

Hulk is poor for brazil? He has 3 caps, and IIRC he didn't start in any of those, and came on as a sub in the second half. You can't really say hes poor when hes not given a chance. Kaka was great in the WC, hes been plagued with injury and fatigue and now hes fine, hes not washed up.
FilipeFerreira
FilipeFerreira
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : FC Porto

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinus Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Hopefully, all the injury woes for Kaka are over.
Latinus
Latinus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Brazil should focus on their younger players 2014 is a few years away

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Festim Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Marcelo not on the squad. That guy doesn't know what he's doing.
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 am

FilipeFerreira wrote:Your telling me Jadson and Fred deserve a call up over Hulk and Kaka?

Hulk is poor for brazil? He has 3 caps, and IIRC he didn't start in any of those, and came on as a sub in the second half. You can't really say hes poor when hes not given a chance. Kaka was great in the WC, hes been plagued with injury and fatigue and now hes fine, hes not washed up.

Kaká wasn't great at the WC, he was okay. His best match was against Holland, which we lost.

He's shown glimpses of his quality, but he's not ready. He's agreed to it himself.

Jadson , together with the other Brazilians at Shakhtar went all the way to the CL quarter-finals to be defeated by none less than Barcelona. I'm not saying that he's better than a 100% Kaká, far from it, but this season he's done more than Kaká to deserve a call up.

Fred and Hulk play at different positions, so I dont know what you're talking about.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 am

What?!

No Ronaldinho, No Ze Roberto ?? kidding

Its a decent squad, but definitely a team in transition, Brasil will do really well to win the Copa but I think this year Argentina may be favourites.

I, like everyone else, disagree completely with the exclusion of Marcelo. Even if he wasn't going to be the starting LB, you could probably use him as a substitute left sided attacker or something. He has worked really hard this year and deserves a call.

Hulk on the other hand, I am not too convinced about, he tends to be a bit of a ball-hog and is incredibly selfish around the box when there are players in a better position to pass to.

You can get a pretty good starting line-up from that squad but then there is not much quality left on the bench.

Sometimes NT's do not take the best possible squad on paper, but one they feel can best come together to make great play. What I will say is that there aren't too many big ego's like in previous squad... except maybe Robinho- but he is not really prone to tantrums when playing for the NT.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 am

Giovanni10 wrote:What?!

No Ronaldinho, No Ze Roberto ?? kidding

Its a decent squad, but definitely a team in transition, Brasil will do really well to win the Copa but I think this year Argentina may be favourites.

I, like everyone else, disagree completely with the exclusion of Marcelo. Even if he wasn't going to be the starting LB, you could probably use him as a substitute left sided attacker or something. He has worked really hard this year and deserves a call.

Hulk on the other hand, I am not too convinced about, he tends to be a bit of a ball-hog and is incredibly selfish around the box when there are players in a better position to pass to.

You can get a pretty good starting line-up from that squad but then there is not much quality left on the bench.

Sometimes NT's do not take the best possible squad on paper, but one they feel can best come together to make great play. What I will say is that there aren't too many big ego's like in previous squad... except maybe Robinho- but he is not really prone to tantrums when playing for the NT.

decent post right there! kudos
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Ganso wrote:marcelo is the only player i would call up,other than that,the list is ok.

Really, you wouldn't call up Hernanes, Nilmar or Hulk ? Considering they are better than the players who were called up instead of them?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 pm

ugh so much whining....the squad is just fine,all we need is ganso and neymar
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:05 pm

There is right and wrong in the selection in my view, not as much wrong as people seem to saying.

People are saying why Fred? Its clear, because he is a target man, a number 9 who can be an aerial thread and hold up the ball. Robinho, Pato, Neymar, Nilmar, they are all different versions of the same player. Another variation is not only wise, but a need. I think it was a choice between Fred and Leandro, Fred won.

Now, we all know Brazil function best without such a player, which is why Neymar, Pato and Robinho will likely be the go-to players in the attack with Fred on the bench.

Fred going is fine IMO. He is a limited player but his movement is good and his size alone is a variation as I said.

I personally though dont like the fact Nilmar isnt going. Pato is injury prone and over the last 2 years Nilmar has been very good for Brazil. Mistake not taking him IMO. You dont need Sandro, Ramires, Lucas AND Ellias...no need for Ellias in my opinion. Taking Nilmar instead of the extra mid makes more sense.

Hulk as much as I like him, shouldnt go either. The way Brazil play and the way they use him, they will never get the best out of him. Using him as a number 9 with his back to goal isnt his strength and negates all of advantages. Its too late to use him in his real position now, no time left and Neymar, Robson and Hulk play the same sort of role.

I cant get my ahead around people crying for Kaka. He hasnt done anything on a consistent basis since leaving Milan, now more then ever he has no place. I dont like Jadson too much, but he is better then I thought, small, creative, he is a bit like a European midfielder then a Brazilian one. Anyway, him, the fast Lucas, Ganso...its good choices.

Hernanes is a better choice then Kaka, plus I like him more then Jadson. Could of gone over him, though I think the difference in their ability isnt as big as people would make out.

People can go on about Marcelo, yes he is better then Andre Santos and Adriano. However, surely those who watched last week vs Holland saw the impact of Andre Santos? Robben was nowhere to be found, Andre Santos did a quite but effective job controlling him and not leaving space down his side. Marcelo vs someone like Robben, we all know Robben would of had his way with him. I agree that Marcelo should go over Adriano, but its 2nd choice leftback, it wont make or break Brazil.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 pm

as someone else said,mano has balls.(unlike batista /troll)

hes not going to call players who dont fit or who didnt get playing time in the past friendlies.

Marcelo got called up,and got injured twice(or faked it)
Hernanes got called up twice,the first time he didnt impress and in he second time he got red carded because of a stupid tackle.I know its not a big reason to not get called up,but still.
hulk got called up once,but due to hernanes red card,he wasnt able to play a lot.
Kaka already said that he told menezes he doesnt want to get called up until after the copa america so he can gain fitness
Ronaldinho?LOL

Fred is not a bad player by any means,he just came back from injury had a awful game against holland and that was his first time with the team.Was pretty good against romania.+ hell be a 9 with a lot of experience

Elano hasnt impresses a lot.but he has enough credit to get called up.Specially after the wc

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 pm

The problem with Fred is that the team doesn't have enough chemistry as of yet, so at the Holland fixture he barely saw the ball. Hopefully this will change during the Copa América trainings.

@the franchise and @regis: good posts
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2