Arquitecto
The Franchise
Doc
Swanhends
BarrileteCosmico
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can Tevez and Aguero play together? Empty Can Tevez and Aguero play together?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 am

Suppose City doesn't find a buyer for Tevez, how would City play with both of them?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Can Tevez and Aguero play together? Empty Re: Can Tevez and Aguero play together?

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 am

I don't see it to be honest...Who would lead the line?

Unless they switch to a 433 and have Aguero playing on a wing, I don't think it can work

So far this season they've had their cool little 4222 thing going on (copying the USMNT no doubt :coffee:) but I don't think Tevez and Aguero could play up top in that formation....Aguero is a second striker (I think most people would say so, at least) and Tevez doesn't follow any sort of positional discipline, he roams all over the place

You could make the argument that Tevez movement creating space for Aguero is a great theoretical combonation...But my gut still says its better to pair one of them up with a more stereotypical 9 like Dzeko
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Can Tevez and Aguero play together? Empty Re: Can Tevez and Aguero play together?

Post by Doc Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:25 am

They can play together during training sessions...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 am

bhends wrote:I don't see it to be honest...Who would lead the line?

Unless they switch to a 433 and have Aguero playing on a wing, I don't think it can work

Well when Dzeko doesnt play, and its Balo and Tevez, noone leads the line and they actually look more fluid and generally speaking better on the eye and more creative.

Thats not to say I think Tevez and Aguero can play together, but I dont think Dzeko is a total need.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:35 am

How about a 4-3-2-1

Backline+Hart
Silva-Barry-Toure-
Tevez-Aguero-
Dzeko.

This all seem hypothetical as Toure is more effective in a central position.

Aguero is in fact an inside forward and Tevez who loves to roam freely within the box, they both can theoretically link up with Dzeko posing as the target man while they play off of him similar to Robinho and Pato with Ibra or Toquero and Munian of Llorente.

The reason it may not work it due to the fact that both of the Argentines are quite individualistic in their own right as quite a lot of time spent in training and match experience would be needed to form the chemistry between the trio.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:37 am

If they could keep Tevez, they could probably have the best attack in Europe.

---------Yaya----Barry
-----Tevez--Aguero--Silva
--------------Dzeko

With the attacking midfield trio basically all having free roles. Constantlu alternating positions and whatnot. Barcas Messi, Villa, and Pedro do the same thing. Aguero, Tevez, and Silva are certainly good enough to do that. Plus with Johnson, Balotelli, Milner, and possibly Santa Cruz as subs, plus Yaya able to move up, theyd have good depth.

Last edited by juventus101 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 am

juventus101 wrote:If they could keep Tevez, they could probably have the best attack in Europe.

---------Yaya----Barry
-----Tevez--Aguero--Silva
--------------Dzeko

With Johnson, Balotelli, Milner, and possibly Santa Cruz as subs, plus Yaya able to move up.

Did you not see how fragile they looked in terms of protecting the back 4 without De Jong today?

He is top 3-5 name on the teamsheet for me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 am

Not sure, but if we're judging from NT performances they have a hard time mixing it up. Of course, City uses a different philosophy but I'd much rather have Dzeko, assuming he goes back to his Wolfsburg God form.

Dzeko
Silva Aguero Johnson
Yaya De Jong
That's what I'd play, but it's much too attacking minded for Mancini, plus there's not Barry or Milner...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 am

To be honest I dont like any formation in which Aguero is this number 10 type player and Tevez is out wide.

Aguero wont make final passes and wont drop into midfield to collect from the two holding players. It will instantly becomes a 442.

Secondly, Tevez wont provide width and wont stay out wide so he cant play there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 am

Didnt see the game today, but im guessing City was fragile cuz Yaya probably playedas an attacking mid as usual. I dont undersgand whyhe plays there, it seems like he just wants the glory cuz hes obviously a DM. With him back there with Barry, I dont thinkDe Jong is needed. Or maybe drop Barry andhave a De Jong-Yaya CM partnership, but that would be too defensive, there wouldbe no playmaker.

And I dont think it would tutn into a 442 if you guve those 3 free roaming roles, constantly switching positions. Thats why I said thats what they should do.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 am

Yaya didn't play CAM today, he stayed deep flanked by Milner to his left and Barry to his right.

Dzeko, Aguero, and Silva roamed wherever in the attacking third.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:08 pm

Personally I think they should stick to the 4222

DeJong Toure
Silva Milner
FWD1 FWD2
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:25 pm

If Rooney and Tevez could play together then I don't see why Aguero and Tevez can't too. But a better question is where are Nasri, Balotelli and Dzeko going to fit?
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 pm

bhends wrote:I don't see it to be honest...Who would lead the line?

So far this season they've had their cool little 4222 thing going on (copying the USMNT no doubt :coffee:) but I don't think Tevez and Aguero could play up top in that formation....Aguero is a second striker (I think most people would say so, at least) and Tevez doesn't follow any sort of positional discipline, he roams all over the place

You could make the argument that Tevez movement creating space for Aguero is a great theoretical combonation...But my gut still says its better to pair one of them up with a more stereotypical 9 like Dzeko

I have no clue what yur on about but city have always played a 4-2-3-1/hybrid 4-3-3....I can't remember when i saw city playing with two upfront :S

and tevez led the line for city all of last season without any isues and his "roaming" was what created space for city and also his movement off the ball towards goal....

Now it is a logical arguement if they can infact both play together and shine but what you've written here really doesnt make sense....

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm

lol @ the people who posted lineups with Barry in the starting 11.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 pm

juventus101 wrote:Didnt see the game today, but im guessing City was fragile cuz Yaya probably playedas an attacking mid as usual. I dont undersgand whyhe plays there, it seems like he just wants the glory cuz hes obviously a DM. With him back there with Barry, I dont thinkDe Jong is needed. Or maybe drop Barry andhave a De Jong-Yaya CM partnership, but that would be too defensive, there wouldbe no playmaker.

And I dont think it would tutn into a 442 if you guve those 3 free roaming roles, constantly switching positions. Thats why I said thats what they should do.

Funny enough yaya was terrible as a DM...he was slow and lazy as hell, idk what's happened to his stamina...

de jong is ten times better than him as a DM, the thing is if yaya doesn't play AM he might be benched cos mancini likes barry and the fact that he balances the side with his left foot

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm

lenear1030 wrote:lol @ the people who posted lineups with Barry in the starting 11.

If Mancini had an account on this forums , he'd have posted an XI with Barry in it too .

But , you are right , it's LOLworthy .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 pm

lenear1030 wrote:lol @ the people who posted lineups with Barry in the starting 11.

Looking at city's line up right now...Kompany, De Jong, Barry are prolly going to play the most games this season...maybe toure

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

bloodless wrote:I have no clue what yur on about but city have always played a 4-2-3-1/hybrid 4-3-3....I can't remember when i saw city playing with two upfront :S

..........yesterday?

bloodless wrote:and tevez led the line for city all of last season without any isues and his "roaming" was what created space for city and also his movement off the ball towards goal....

Tevez roaming was also what left City toothless in many games last year....4231 with Tevez drifting deep and Silva/Milner on the wings didn't work out real well offensively...Their goalscorer wasn't staying in goalscoring positions

If they were the play 433 with Tevez in the center and people like Balo/Aguero/Johnson on the wings that would be different...All 3 are players who want to cut inside and make aggressive runs

Leading the line with a 2 man pair is completely different than leading the line in a 433

bloodless wrote:Now it is a logical arguement if they can infact both play together and shine

Suspect
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:05 pm

bhends wrote:
bloodless wrote:I have no clue what yur on about but city have always played a 4-2-3-1/hybrid 4-3-3....I can't remember when i saw city playing with two upfront :S

..........yesterday?

bloodless wrote:and tevez led the line for city all of last season without any isues and his "roaming" was what created space for city and also his movement off the ball towards goal....

Tevez roaming was also what left City toothless in many games last year....4231 with Tevez drifting deep and Silva/Milner on the wings didn't work out real well offensively...Their goalscorer wasn't staying in goalscoring positions

If they were the play 433 with Tevez in the center and people like Balo/Aguero/Johnson on the wings that would be different...All 3 are players who want to cut inside and make aggressive runs

Leading the line with a 2 man pair is completely different than leading the line in a 433

bloodless wrote:Now it is a logical arguement if they can infact both play together and shine

Suspect

I don't know what game you watched but city really did not play with two upfront yesterday...are u sure u watched tht match? :S

Dzeko lead the line, with aguero on the left...milner and silva rotating between the right and center :S...the positioning was very fluid with all of the front 4 interchanging at some points though but it was NEVER two upfront!
pls do tell how they played with two upfront and if they did where milner nd silva played...

also what made city toothless wasn't playing tevez upfront alone...it was playing him alone upfront with no real attacking threat close to him bar silva(who was in his first season)....and then the rest being milner, yaya, de jong nd barry...its easy to see why they looked toothless smfh

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Well since my opinion won't be worth much to convince you:

@robbiemustoe
Robbie Mustoe
Mancini's Man City is evolving in to something very interesting. Yaya back in CM gives others room to float. Silva & Milner benefit. 4-2-2-2
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 pm

When did Aguero join Inter?

:coffee:
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 pm

bhends wrote:Well since my opinion won't be worth much to convince you:

@robbiemustoe
Robbie Mustoe
Mancini's Man City is evolving in to something very interesting. Yaya back in CM gives others room to float. Silva & Milner benefit. 4-2-2-2

lol bhend's it isn't about opinion...its about watching the match! yaya played as a DM first of all so whoever wrote tht status is clueless for the start....posting an espn commentator's twitter is not proof over watching a game....i'm asking again, did you watch tht match?

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Can Silva not play in the center? I've only seen him out wide during the rare occasion when I watch a Manchester City match, I always thought he played best when "in the hole".

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 am

bloodless wrote:
bhends wrote:Well since my opinion won't be worth much to convince you:

@robbiemustoe
Robbie Mustoe

lol bhend's it isn't about opinion...its about watching the match! yaya played as a DM first of all so whoever wrote tht status is clueless for the start....posting an espn commentator's twitter is not proof over watching a game....i'm asking again, did you watch tht match?

Yes I watched the match ffs...But I already said what the formation was once and you just said no...so I showed you a second opinion that agreed with mine, to which you responded....no

"Yaya back in CM" = Back in center midfield......Not that he was playing the CM position ffs Rolling Eyes
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next