Grande_Milano
pUsHa
arabprince
wigglesworth
Patrick Bateman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this  Empty Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this

Post by Patrick Bateman Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/08/26/2637379/former-world-cup-referee-byron-moreno-faces-20-year-prison

Karma ...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this  Empty Re: Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 am

20 YEARS !?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? PUT HIM IN JAIL FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this  Empty Re: Azzurri fans will be happy to hear this

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

Come on, Moreno was an honest referee who played golf. Italy needed a handicap.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:49 am

wigglesworth wrote:Come on, Moreno was an honest referee who played golf. Italy needed a handicap.

Wiggles, that World Cup in 2002 was ours ! We had the best squad in the tournament ! He screwed it all for us ! To bad though, England apperently were better :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:52 am

Azzuri fans? More like football fans. That guy is a cancer.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 am

sciacca wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:Come on, Moreno was an honest referee who played golf. Italy needed a handicap.

Wiggles, that World Cup in 2002 was ours ! We had the best squad in the tournament ! He screwed it all for us ! To bad though, England apperently were better :coffee:

Of course England were better. They are England. I see you have seen the light too.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 am

wigglesworth wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Of course England were better. They are England. I see you have seen the light too.

The light? Of course I do ! Wiggles you are God ! Hai sempre Ragione... !

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

I'm happy I never saw that game .... even the recap hurts me !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:42 am

Cruel to rejoice, but I do. He signed with his blood at that wc.

Blatter and Platini co to follow?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:48 am

The 2002 team of Italy is highly overrated in this forum. Out of the group stages they only won one game - against Ecuador - they tied against Mexico, who went on to earn the first place, and lost against Croatia. Now, I was 12 when these groups were played so I can't really say I recall much from it, but it doesn't sound like the track record of would-be-champions.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The 2002 team of Italy is highly overrated in this forum. Out of the group stages they only won one game - against Ecuador - they tied against Mexico, who went on to earn the first place, and lost against Croatia. Now, I was 12 when these groups were played so I can't really say I recall much from it, but it doesn't sound like the track record of would-be-champions.

Of course, Italy is always overrated. Italy sucks, they cheated in all the 4 World Cups they have won. England is the best, they would have won 10 World Cups if it were not for the cheating of other teams.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:58 am

You'll have a hard time proving I was saying England is awesome Laughing

Stop going after straw men :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:You'll have a hard time proving I was saying England is awesome Laughing

No, but you are claiming Italy sucks. I agree. We are a terrible footballing nation. All of Italy's achievements have been through luck or cheating, right. Clubs or national team. I have been converted. England is far better and so is Spain, Netherlands, Germany in Europe and of course, Brazil, Argentina Uruguay and every other country is better. Right.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 pm

wigglesworth wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:You'll have a hard time proving I was saying England is awesome Laughing

No, but you are claiming Italy sucks. I agree. We are a terrible footballing nation. All of Italy's achievements have been through luck or cheating, right. Clubs or national team. I have been converted. England is far better and so is Spain, Netherlands, Germany in Europe and of course, Brazil, Argentina Uruguay and every other country is better. Right.
Still at the straw men. Overrated doesn't mean that "Italy sucks", it means that some people here have a tendency to glorify the past. Nor was I speaking about the entirety of Italy's achievements, only about that of their 2002 team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:22 pm

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

Still at the straw men. Overrated doesn't mean that "Italy sucks", it means that some people here have a tendency to glorify the past. Nor was I speaking about the entirety of Italy's achievements, only about that of their 2002 team.

The 2002 Italian team was far better than the 2006 team that won the World Cup. But of course the 2006 team was lucky and cheated to win the World Cup.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

wigglesworth wrote:The 2002 Italian team was far better than the 2006 team that won the World Cup. But of course the 2006 team was lucky and cheated to win the World Cup.
It seems to me, speaking strictly about their results and not the names on the shirt, that their collective game didn't raise to the occasion. The team was already drawing Mexico and losing to Croatia before Byron ****ed them. Clearly, he was not the only problem and he is to some extent a scapegoat.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I was 12 at the time and I don't remember much from the world cup, but the results seem to indicate that bad reffing was not the only thing keeping Italy from fulfilling their potential.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

50% now Wiggles?

This isn't going to end well.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:The 2002 Italian team was far better than the 2006 team that won the World Cup. But of course the 2006 team was lucky and cheated to win the World Cup.
It seems to me, speaking strictly about their results and not the names on the shirt, that their collective game didn't raise to the occasion. The team was already drawing Mexico and losing to Croatia before Byron ****ed them. Clearly, he was not the only problem and he is to some extent a scapegoat.

Hmmm, I guess you have little historical perspective. What Italy does in the preliminary rounds has nothing to do with the final result. Just do a little research. The 1982 campaign, for example.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Point taken - Italy does have that track record.

But how often is it the case for the champion to do poorly in the group stages? The last time the World Champion was not 1st in their group was, yes, you guessed it, 1982.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 pm

come on, you guys are wishing jail upon someone?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 pm

ali8775 wrote:come on, you guys are wishing jail upon someone?

yes ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm

ali8775 wrote:come on, you guys are wishing jail upon someone?

You don't believe jail is an appropriate place for a drug smuggler to be?

If he's guilty, hell yes I hope he goes to jail.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:30 pm

6 ks? Damn, man.

Jail is little for what he deserves. And not for that Italy thing, but as a scum drug smuggler.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next