Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

+13
Grande_Milano
Arsenalfaithfull
RedOranje
Vibe
chinomaster182
Serge Gnabry
HscouserZ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Harmonica
The BoyWonder
Ganso
The Madrid One
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yes Or No

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Vote_lcap23%Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Vote_lcap77%Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 22

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Empty Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Will the clubs like Psv Eindhoven, Ajax, ever get the same credibility and success as a club around europe as they once did? for the last decade or so they have been nothing more than developers of talent or otherwise a stepping stool, ajax doesnt look like that club that would actually create a team and win a cl with it.

money, etc has changed how the pecking order goes, will the dutch teams ever be successful as they once were?

financial fairplay?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Empty Re: Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Maybe if they do like Santos and hold on to their youth stars,because ajax has the best youth after barca imo,but i doubt they'll do it...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? Empty Re: Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Ganso wrote:Maybe if they do like Santos and hold on to their youth stars,because ajax has the best youth after barca imo,but i doubt they'll do it...
the biggest thing they have to look at is how to manage to create enough appeal to their players so that they stay, im sure ajax can produce a good crop and build on it to start to go towards a new yet familiar direction.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Netherlands are the best football nation according to FIFA. problem is MONEY. if Ajax or PSV had a city-sque owner, they would. but i don't see it coming. ever. financial fair play might help to stop teams like city, clsea, barca, madrid, but it won't sadly help ajax much.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm

England is also the 4th best NT according to fifa
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 pm

I know Holland and Netherlands, but who are the Dutch?`Very Happy
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 pm

No money, no honey.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 pm

jiopsi wrote:I know Holland and Netherlands, but who are the Dutch?`Very Happy

Played Red Dead Redemption? he's the lad who die's at the end Very Happy

Anyway i hope FFP will help Ajax specifically get back to the top infact i hope we see a day one day soon where Juventus, Ajax and Liverpool are again competing to win the CL Cool
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 pm

no one knows but they sure do produce some of the best players in the world ..
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
jiopsi wrote:I know Holland and Netherlands, but who are the Dutch?`Very Happy

Played Red Dead Redemption? he's the lad who die's at the end Very Happy

Anyway i hope FFP will help Ajax specifically get back to the top infact i hope we see a day one day soon where Juventus, Ajax and Liverpool are again competing to win the CL Cool
:lol!: i loved killing that bashtard Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 pm

damn,i just realized most of their top players will be pretty old in 2014

RVP-32
VDV-32
Sneijder-33
Robben-33
Kuyt-35
De Jong-30
MVB-38

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:51 pm

No and you probably won't see the likes of Red Star Belgrade or Anderlecht go far in Europe again either.
It's a shame. The big leagues are dominating and once in a while when a former big club gets bought by some rich guy they might make a nice run again but the glory days will never come back. Sad
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Ajax and other teams from decades past like Nottingham Forest will never again be as competitive, at least not for long periods of time.

Why Ajax are no longer dutch masters

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Ajax
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Ganso wrote:damn,i just realized most of their top players will be pretty old in 2014

RVP-32
VDV-32
Sneijder-33
Robben-33
Kuyt-35
De Jong-30
MVB-38

Shocked

There's 2 years and 3 months till 2014,Sneijder and Robben won't even be 30,you placed them in retirement home :lol!:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:42 am

From a league and club standpoint, no.

The Eredivisie simply lacks the necessary appeal from both a player and a marketing standpoint. Without consistent quality on the European (CL and Europa) stage they will not be able to generate that appeal, and with said appeal and the revenue it generates they will not be able to develop enough strength in depth in the league to consistently produce quality performances on the European stage. It's a catch-22 for them and one that FFP won't help with, I'm afraid.

We may well still see great club sides come out of the Netherlands and I am certain that we will continue to see the nation produce some fantastic footballers, but the sides the Ajax of old will be the exception to the norm and will probably be short lived.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:12 am

Once the Italian and spanish economy crashes and the teams can no longer afford to pay high wages for dutch players, the players will have less of an option -interns of moving to another country to play as professionals. Of course there will always be England , but having only 1 destination will stop the mass exodus of the Dutch players.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:18 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Once the Italian and spanish economy crashes and the teams can no longer afford to pay high wages for dutch players, the players will have less of an option -interns of moving to another country to play as professionals. Of course there will always be England , but having only 1 destination will stop the mass exodus of the Dutch players.
A lot of assumptions and leaps of logic there, though. Are we certain that the Spanish and Italian economies will crash? No. Are we certain that if they do, it will not also affect the Dutch economy (or, worse yet [and probably more likely], ALL economies) in an adverse way? No. Are we certain that the Dutch players will not choose to go to other leagues that are still above the Eredivisie like the PL, Bundesliga, and Ligue Un? No. What of the up-and-coming leagues and ones that are on a competitive level to the Dutch league?

We can hope mate (obviously not for crashing economies) but the deck is stacked and the dealer's been paid off...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 am

RedOranje wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Once the Italian and spanish economy crashes and the teams can no longer afford to pay high wages for dutch players, the players will have less of an option -interns of moving to another country to play as professionals. Of course there will always be England , but having only 1 destination will stop the mass exodus of the Dutch players.
A lot of assumptions and leaps of logic there, though. 1. Are we certain that the Spanish and Italian economies will crash? No. 2 Are we certain that if they do, it will not also affect the Dutch economy (or, worse yet [and probably more likely], ALL economies) in an adverse way? No. 3 Are we certain that the Dutch players will not choose to go to other leagues that are still above the Eredivisie like the PL, Bundesliga, and Ligue Un? No. What of the up-and-coming leagues and ones that are on a competitive level to the Dutch league?

We can hope mate (obviously not for crashing economies) but the deck is stacked and the dealer's been paid off...

1 The state of SPain and Italys economy is already affecting the clubs. I dont mean the bigger clubs, but the smaller cubs, where its not uncommon to have cases where players have gone unpaid for months!

2 Netherlands economy is one of the stronger economy in Europe. Their model of economy is noted for stable industrial relations and have fairly low unemployment and inflation compared to any where else in europe (except for France England Germany and the Scandinavian countries)

3 THats the whole point... there will be less destinations- another reason why the exodus will be controlled.
for example100 players with 3 destinations vs 100 players with 5 destinations (given that lets suppose each league has a quota of the amount of foreigners allowed)

4 There is no way in hell another "emerging" league is going to over shadow the dutch league! who?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 am

MLS have the cash flow necessary and are slowing building their image. It's not unreasonable to expect that, with the resources, talent pool, and relatively untapped market in the US to expand into, MLS could eventually become a top league.

Yes, it's a stretch, but no more so than the thought that failing Spanish and Italian economies will bring the Eredivisie back to the top.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 am

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Ajax

according to this interesting little piece, ajax are in such a dire situation and have been in so many years now that, in 2008 they declared that they had not made one good purchase since 2003 that would help the team.

their dire situation when it comes to winning titles has affected them greatly money wise, forcing them to sell their top talent and making them nothing more than a trading company...

there is no way out.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 am

RedOranje wrote:MLS have the cash flow necessary and are slowing building their image. It's not unreasonable to expect that, with the resources, talent pool, and relatively untapped market in the US to expand into, MLS could eventually become a top league.

Yes, it's a stretch, but no more so than the thought that failing Spanish and Italian economies will bring the Eredivisie back to the top.

u cant be serious
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:28 am

Lulz MLS. Even RPL stands a bigger chance. MLS needs fanbase, nobody cares about football, I mean soccer there.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:30 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Lulz MLS. Even RPL stands a bigger chance. MLS needs fanbase, nobody cares about football, I mean soccer there.
Thank you for saving me the work by proving your own ignorance yourself.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:34 am

RedOranje wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:Lulz MLS. Even RPL stands a bigger chance. MLS needs fanbase, nobody cares about football, I mean soccer there.
Thank you for saving me the work by proving your own ignorance yourself.

Cmon. Its never gonna be popular. You need to change culture from upside down.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 am

THats a myth .. Cities like Toronto NY LA Seattle generate more fans than most european teams. Dont believe me? look it up. Mls is still a joke but thats down to the management and now the clubs are run. Its because they dont have an identity yet. Its not because they dont have fan base.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next