Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

+13
Grande_Milano
Arsenalfaithfull
RedOranje
Vibe
chinomaster182
Serge Gnabry
HscouserZ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Harmonica
The BoyWonder
Ganso
The Madrid One
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yes Or No

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]
Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Vote_lcap77%Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 22

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 am

THats a myth .. Cities like Toronto NY LA Seattle generate more fans than most european teams. Dont believe me? look it up. Mls is still a joke but thats down to the management and now the clubs are run. Its because they dont have an identity yet. Its not because they dont have fan base.

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Dutch Football Dominate Europe Ever Again?

Post by Guiltybystander Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:11 am

Problem is of course money, but I do think there is potential of return.
It has always been like that: When Ajax dominated in the 90ies, it was also because they were lucky to have an amazing generation all at once. For the last 10 years or so, we have always had only a couple stars (Zlatan, Suarez, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, De Jong etc. etc.) at the same time, but never a full team good enough to compete on a higher level.

Ajax has never been a money club, but they have shown they can succeed against financially much bigger teams time and time again. They haven't been so successful recently, mostly because of complete mismanagement in the higher legions of the club (terribly coaches, terrible technical staff etc. etc.), which has also harmed our youth development. Now, Cruyff has recently returned to Ajax, creating a revolution of sorts, and bringing many of the legends of the past with him: Frank de Boer is now our coach, Bergkamp his assistant. Davids has returned, etc. etc. Selling Suarez on the cheap was our last mistake I feel, from that point onwards it has been good.

Ajax currently has many, many amazing very young players (we have only 1 or 2 older than 24 I believe). They are all excited about working with their youth heroes like Cruyff, Bergkamp etc. and they are very young anyway, so I think we can keep most for a couple of years (many have explicitly said so) so don't be surprised if Ajax returns again.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 am

they simply cant afford it, and the FFP are made to ensure that the rich remains rich and the poor remains poor
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am

sadly I think not.
they will just be a talent pool for other leagues.

On a NT level though there is still a chance
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 pm

i 1 The state of SPain and Italys economy is already affecting the clubs. I dont mean the bigger clubs, but the smaller cubs, where its not uncommon to have cases where players have gone unpaid for months!

What Italian Serie A team has not paid its players for months? I'm sure that Gazzetta and Corriere dello Sport would pay for your story. It would be a scoop.

As far as economies, it's all propaganda pushed by speculators. The UK has the highest level of foreign debt of any country, including the US. But, does anyone talk about it in the press.

"The true extent of Britain's debt"

http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/3078296/the-true-extent-of-britains-debt.thtml
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2