Blue
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
lszanto
Kick
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Knee Jerk reaction thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Knee Jerk reaction thread.

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 am

didnt i tell you all anelka at CF would work!!

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Knee Jerk reaction thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Knee Jerk reaction thread.

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 am

You did, but he didn't score. :p
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:53 am

kick mars wrote:You did, but he didn't score. :p

but he was a million times better then torres has been all season, and tbh if he played the full 90 i rekon he wouldve
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:55 am

Quite possibly.

Still would have rather seen Lukaku though but I certainly prefered Anelka to Torres.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:55 am

kick mars wrote:Quite possibly.

Still would have rather seen Lukaku though but I certainly prefered Anelka to Torres.
pretty much
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

It was weird to see Anelka run in behind the defenders I rarely ever seen that from him lol and what makes things even worse is that he looks like fitter than Torres when running.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Nah, Torres would have done better than Anelka IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Agreed, but hopefully he'll be fresh to start with Mata/Danny against Bayern Smile I probably would've even preferred Lukaku to start over Anelka against Sunderland.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

I don't know I don't think I've seen him at full pelt yet and I get scared when he does run at full burst cos I don't want what happened to him in the WC to happen again Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes, Lukaku would have been awesome.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 pm

No CL spot won't see him for a while now Sad can't see him playing vs Man U either.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:59 pm

It is a shame, oh well. Another great thing about Andre is his player rotation rule, it won't be long before we see Lukaku again.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:58 pm

kick mars wrote:
Ramies is not defencive, what are you talking about, he is b2b, he is one of the first ones forward and back. He just doesn't get invloved in build up play enough. Go watch his proformence last night again.

I would rather prefer a younger version of Meireles at that position than him. Meaning someone with more skill and technique to create, etc. Always helps to create a better attack rather than running towards the front and attempting shots there.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 pm

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:
Ramies is not defencive, what are you talking about, he is b2b, he is one of the first ones forward and back. He just doesn't get invloved in build up play enough. Go watch his proformence last night again.

I would rather prefer a younger version of Meireles at that position than him. Meaning someone with more skill and technique to create, etc. Always helps to create a better attack rather than running towards the front and attempting shots there.

I do know what your saying but I don't think we would have won agianst Norwich if it wasn't for Ramires. Hevjust offers us something that no one since Essien has.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:06 pm

english_jewel wrote:
kick mars wrote:

I can see where you coming from. Yeah Ramires is certainly more defensive then attack minded.

We will play a lot better if one of Mikel or Ramires is dropped.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Raul did very well in Mikel's position imo, he also has a better passing range I think. Demonstrated perfectly by his assist in Sturridges goal so I think he'll be a good alternative and hopefully versatile in that he can play most midfield positions.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah his passing was awesome, just worried about his tackling although he is more mobile than Mikel.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:52 am

I would like to see Raul and Mikel on the pitch at the same time.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 am

Mikel doesn't fit our system IMO. Our build up play slowed down entirely when he was brought on.

The way we are playing, Essien at his peak would have been the perfect choice. Mereiles wasn't bad though.

I'm still hoping for a move for Modric this January. The tides changed when Lampard was brought off and Anelka on.

I knew we were going to have a hard time at OT, but I'm really happy with how we played. However, we need to be obviously more clinical with our finishing.

Another issue I saw was our marking. Especially during set plays and counter attacks. The right flank was completely vulnerable. AVB did the right thing in choosing Bosingwa in order to keep up with Young. I hope we don't renew his contract and move for a better RB

Speaking of set plays and marking, Smalling was completely unmarked. I don't really remember which player but 2 players, one being JT was marking the same player. The other Chelsea player made no attempt to clear the header (I miss Drogba Sad) and took a risk trying to get an offside. We have to take no chances..

As for Torres.. after his goal he seemed unstoppable. Great increase in pace, injection of skills and flair and a wicked shot. Like the commentator said along the lines of, "Poor guy. Imagine what'll be on his mind when he goes to his family and sleeps tonight." Things are definitely hard but a few goals more and he'll keep coming back.

Crap.. this was longer than I intended but:

Like Sepi said, we are making more passes to space than to feet which allowed Torres to score and for other players to have some good shots at goal. Can Drogba play under this system? Obviously Torres can't outmuscle the whole defence like Drogba does but I'm liking these changes AVBs bringing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 am

Sorry but gotta kneejerk on Ramires. Was horrid today, just made so many small mistakes that added up in the scheme of things.

Firstly the goal that never was. 100x worse than Nandos imo, had an open goal and all he had to do was blast the ball into the back of the net, no weak foot, no excuse. That HAS to be a goal at this level especially at 1-0 down.

Secondly, poor delivery and just trying things that were never going to work out. i.e the corner that lead to a penalty simply cause of a bad turnover Neutral stupid long shots when he is not a shooter by any stretch of the imagination.

I love this guy for his hard work but you have to have some footballing talent and I did not see alot of it today tbh, was very disappointed with him but maybe i'm just looking for a scapegoat.

All that said I'm happy with most players performances today, I really wish we started Luiz over Ivanovic but AVB obviously thought otherwise, and poor marking lead to the first goal.

2nd + 3rd goals I just put down to sheer luck, I know it's said over and over but they truly are the luckiest team in the world. To have Terry clear into Nani's chest and to fall to Rooney for an open goal is nothing but luck. That said Rooney did miss a penalty so not too disappointed with that Razz

Nani may have been able to be closed down a little earlier but that's just a result of poor defending again, something which I would've thought Luiz + Terry would fix.

Very enjoyable game all in all, went nuts after Nando's goal to being silenced after his miss. But still enjoyable none the less to see him tear apart their backline on more than one occasion Smile

<3 Nando + Mata(ty Spain).
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3