City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive

+4
che
BeautifulGame
zizzle
Raptorgunner
8 posters

Go down

City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive  Empty City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:31 am

Manchester CITY new boy Samir Nasri was SNUBBED by rivals United – after he reneged on an initial promise to sign for them.

Nasri went cap in hand back to Old Trafford when he feared his £24m move to the Etihad was about to collapse due to a dispute over agent fees.

But furious United chiefs slammed the door in the Frenchman’s face despite him making a ­personal plea to revive the deal with the champions.

People Sport has been told the full bombshell details of Nasri’s negotiations with both Manchester clubs – as the Frenchman prepares to make his City debut at Tottenham today.

We have learned that the French midfielder personally agreed a £7m-a-year deal with Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

We can reveal Nasri is being paid almost £40,000-a-week MORE at City than he would have earned at United, making a mockery of the player’s claim that his move from Arsenal was for football, rather than financial, reasons.

Fergie and Nasri met in Paris during the summer with the player’s representatives in tow and after a deal was thrashed out the player confirmed he was thrilled at the prospect of becoming a United player.

The transfer stalled – and later collapsed altogether – when Nasri’s agents insisted on a massive £4m tax-free as their cut.

United refused to cough up the cash, leaving the way clear for moneybags City to make a more lucrative, £9m-a-year offer.

Nasri quickly agreed the terms but then, remarkably, his switch to the Etihad Stadium also came close to falling through over his agents’ demands.

City were reluctant to pay up and it was at that point that Nasri himself contacted United and tried to reignite his move there.

But the Old Trafford ­hierarchy, furious at the player’s change of heart, were having none of it.

Unimpressed by Nasri’s agents’ behaviour and the ­player’s ­willingness to chase more money from City, they told him in no uncertain terms that they were not interested.

That left Nasri in limbo and he turned out for Arsenal in their 2-0 home defeat by Liverpool eight days ago.

Only when City later agreed to meet the agents’ demands was Nasri able to complete his move north.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/08/27/samir-nasri-was-snubbed-by-rivals-united-exclusive-102039-23377422/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive  Empty Re: City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive

Post by zizzle Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:35 am

a mercenary gotta do what a mercenary gotta do
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive  Empty Re: City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

You should have realized its more likely to be bull shit when its an exclusive from People Laughing .

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 am

people sport?

City new boy Samir Nasri snubbed by rivals United - Exclusive  Demotivational-posters-seems-legit31
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:20 am

A truckload of bullshhhhh
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:37 am

oh yea he joined city for success I got it....
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/873585-samir-nasri-manchester-city-were-always-my-first-choice-never-united#ixzz1W9hSxTm4

The French midfielder ended one of the summer’s on-going transfer sagas by finally penning a deal at the Ethiad Stadium, and he claims City were always his first choice destination, despite interest from United.

‘I did not see myself leaving England. The question arose of whether to go to United or City,’ said Nasri.

‘But I prefer to make history with a club, rather than be just one player among the rest. I spoke with Patrick Vieira at City — they are the club of the future.

My transfer has been a real saga. It's a huge relief to have finally signed and I am very happy.’

Nasri also offered an insight into the factors that led to his Arsenal departure, and suggested the lack of competition for places at the Gunners played an important role in his decision.

He added: ‘City have an enormous squad but the competition for places will make me challenge myself and improve my game.

‘I won't retreat into a comfort zone — and maybe that is what I did when I was at Arsenal.

‘Joining City is a risk but you take risks throughout your life. In any case, I am not afraid — I weighed up the pros and the cons.’

The former Marseille playmaker was also unimpressed with the Gunners lack of investment in the transfer market, and hinted the north Londoners dallied too long when negotiating his own contract renewal.

‘I started talks with Arsenal about a contract extension last October,’ said Nasri.

‘But June came around and I had not heard any news and I could not see any players being brought in during the transfer window.

‘At a given point you have to make an investment. I would hear from time to time it was 'a question of money'.

‘It's fair to say I will earn a good living at City. But I am 24, I have reached a turning point in my career and it was important for me to join a club that matched my ambitions.

‘I see myself more likely to win trophies at City now than if I had stayed at Arsenal.’

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 am

Giggslegend wrote:oh yea he joined city for success I got it....

and man utd. have the midfield equivalent of makelele, zidane and xavi to turn down a player of nasri's caliber.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down